• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer Transfer Window Thread 2020

Is tomorrow the last day we can sign someone (who isn’t a free agent)? If so, a wide player to replace green and a big lump up top to be first choice ahead of Acquah please

An experienced target man is needed for me, someone with more presence than Acquah and who he can learn off...we definitely look better with someone of that type in the team

When’s the next court date ? The embargo being in place is clearly hampering MM on who can play and register etc

Im not sure it is really? He moves the pieces around quite easily. Also keeps us within our means. I quite like it ?

Just checked the original Echo article so definitely 28th October. So this week we can sign players only if we keep to the 23 man limit. Once the embargo is cleared on the 28th we can sign unattached players. Therefore up to Friday this week it is a one in one out policy.

Im not sure it is really? He moves the pieces around quite easily. Also keeps us within our means. I quite like it ?
This is perhaps unappreciated by lots of people, as we have a limited squad numbers wise we have a higher chance of surviving the season whilst no fans can attend, right now I'd fancy our chances at out surviving at least two sides over the course of the season on the pitch and off of the pitch, I'm hoping we don't rush into any signings that jeopardise that

He's only played once this season, in the EFL Trophy. Interesting one, he's highly rated there.

He’s a promising youngster but his attitude has been questioned No idea whether or not that’s fair. Jonny Stokes may know.

He’s competing for the right back berth with Sam Ling so it’s a bit tricky.

Shoul be a decent cheap replacement if Elvis is off but, like most of our team, still has a lot to learn.

Quite a few websites are saying the window closes at 5pm on 16th October so who knows!!
Reckon you're right, just found this:

Following consultation with the EFL - and because FIFA allows a summer transfer window to run for up to 12 weeks - an extra domestic window in England will run from October 5 to 5pm on October 16.

He's only played once this season, in the EFL Trophy. Interesting one, he's highly rated there.
However, forgot to insert obvious caveat that those transfer sites are either plagarised from genuine journalists or just made up with hunches. They have absolutely no inside info.

Find it a bit difficult to understand why we'd sign Orient's backup right back (who apparently has question marks about his attitude) when we have Elvis, White and Demetriou who can all play there.

However, forgot to insert obvious caveat that those transfer sites are either plagarised from genuine journalists or just made up with hunches. They have absolutely no inside info.

Find it a bit difficult to understand why we'd sign Orient's backup right back (who apparently has question marks about his attitude) when we have Elvis, White and Demetriou who can all play there.

If John White is our back-up at right-back I can see why MM would want to sign one.

When not injured he's strictly a centre-back these days (and I'm not convinced he'll be in MM's plans for long at centre-back either).

Back