• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I support Paul Sturrock and I support the team. Tara brought about an improvement . No fan of Ron .

Ron is a serial liar Rab. You choose to believe him its your wish. Tara said it like it is and what he said his plans were and they happened. Improving the playing budget, Bringing in players, paying people on time, and throughtout the year he was here no trouble with HMRC. Now please rab tell me Ron's truths and lies and compare the two.
The thing that Ron has done consistently that can be proven is that he has kept us out of administration. Whilst TB was here things appeared to be a little smoother but how much of that was solely down to him nobody knows. From reports coming out and from statements on here he seemed to involve himself in playing matters and though the consensus is thats a good thing, I disagree. He should have spent his time working as a CEO and let luggy do the team stuff. If there was a question about Luggy's ability to do that then get a manager who can.

I would give the impression, as manager, that I m part of the team and not that it is an 'us and them' scenario. Divisive.

That's not what you said though is it? You we're complaining that he is repetitive, not divisive!

If it is the potential division that bothers you, then you could argue that it motivated the players in the 2 wins before.

Regarding football you may have a point but he left with us top of the table so with his assistance he was doing something Right. As for his work as CEO thats up for debate as once again this has come from Ron's mouth. Like he ruined Main, Stiched up Wignall, Tried to turn fans opinion against Tilson, and now he is trying to Blacken Brady's name.

That's not what you said though is it? You we're complaining that he is repetitive, not divisive!

If it is the potential division that bothers you, then you could argue that it motivated the players in the 2 wins before.

The two wins before were certainly not gained through inspired, motivated play. More that Gillingham and Crewe were less proficient than us on the night. It was not just the repetition I complained about, though perhaps in haste I did not clarify my point. I want to hear PS galvanising the troops. If the players, who Luggy brought in, are not performing the way they were asked to, its more than just them that needs to change.

I support Paul Sturrock and I support the team. Tara brought about an improvement . No fan of Ron .
You can't have your cake and eat it. If you support PS but think he only achieved what he did because TB was so influential then a) PS was unable to achieve success as a manager alone b) TB did not dedicate his time to the role of CEO and that makes Rons account right.

Whether some of you like it or not, its all gone down the pan since Tara left. Fact.

December 1 win and 1 draw from 6
January 2 Wins and 1 draw from 5
February 2 Wins 1 draw from 5

The worst month, results wise, in the last three was December

Tara left at the end of December , (unless he took some time off before starting his new job)

However as he said that things had happened to upset the plan to get out of the division in the past few weeks (which as it was in the Echo interview at the end of January, I presume what was actually meant was his last few weeks ) it would appear that things had started to go down the pan before Tara left and the journey down the pan would seem to be the reason for Tara leaving rather than vice-versa

Is this thread a badly coded goodbye ?

The word farewell is used. I agree 100% with rab that PS cannot keep making idle threats to the players, by his own admission they don't always "do as he tells them", well they have no respect for you then Paul so if I were you i'd be away back to your homeland, go and enjoy your retirement supping mckewans and munching on stoners.

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/showthread.php?70706-Opinions

WE ARE IN 3RD PLACE, READY FOR AUTOMATIC PROMOTION.
GET REAL, WE WILL NOT WIN EVERY GAME:smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

This Shrimperzone is such a sad place, full of dreamers thinking we can coast to promotion playing like Real Madrid or Barcelona.
Plenty of pillocks thinking thay can slag off the club at the drop of a hat.
I am proud of Southend United and always will be through good and bad times.
Ron Martins deserves credit for keeping the club afloat through really tough times.
Paul Sturrock has given us a team that is in the top 3 going into March.
STOP MOANING YOU SAD LOT:smile:

This Shrimperzone is such a sad place, full of dreamers thinking we can coast to promotion playing like Real Madrid or Barcelona.
Ron Martins deserves credit for keeping the club afloat through really tough times.

We're sad? And you are the one with the name 'Spoons'. :hilarious:

Haha comical this site at times,we were always going to lose this game after boxing days shennanigans.£20 at 3/1 for home win thankyou very much.
Players not playing cos Tara left.........do me a favour !!!
The players don't want to get promotion now cos he's left....and he was every players friend,jokers !!
another dodgy businessman after quick few quid as they all are. grrrrrrrrr

What that man said :thumbs:

WE ARE IN 3RD PLACE, READY FOR AUTOMATIC PROMOTION.
GET REAL, WE WILL NOT WIN EVERY GAME:smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:
Agree we will not win every game but the manner of the defeat was absolutely shocking. Unless whatever the problem is sorted automatic promotion is just a fantasy. The players didnt want to know at all last night, and thats unacceptable

]STOP MOANING YOU SAD LOT:smile:
Do you have small man or even worse small dick syndrome ?

I think it's fair to assume those who need to use large fonts to try and get a point across are somewhat lacking in the trouser department :smile:

Regarding what I said about Luggys comments I don't disagree with him. I simply say you can put a different slant on it without the exact same words. This is what I meant by repetitive. As for saying I've exaggerated one defeat, one defeat? Its three defeats in five . That may sound harsh but to win Leagues or gain auoti promotion you have to be ultra consistent as possible. Ok we were due a dodgy spell after such a great firstr half to the campaign but we've not been right since December. For me that is more than a casual blip.

December 1 win and 1 draw from 6
January 2 Wins and 1 draw from 5
February 2 Wins 1 draw from 5

The worst month, results wise, in the last three was December

Tara left at the end of December , (unless he took some time off before starting his new job)

However as he said that things had happened to upset the plan to get out of the division in the past few weeks (which as it was in the Echo interview at the end of January, I presume what was actually meant was his last few weeks ) it would appear that things had started to go down the pan before Tara left and the journey down the pan would seem to be the reason for Tara leaving rather than vice-versa

I believe Tara had all but left at the start of December. We all know why, so there is no point discussing that again.

We were unbeaten in 16 games before then. And our record in our 16 games since then reads P16, W5, D3, L8 giving us 18 points from a possible 48. Which is borderline relegation form, certainly lower mid table.

If this form continues, we are on for about 75 points at best. Which really is pushing the boundaries of the play-offs. Anyone thinking we are nailed on for a top 7 spot, needs their head testing.

Last edited:
Another idea to freshen up interviews is maybe for Luggy to instruct Graham Coughlan to do the odd radio talk after games. it breaks up the usual routine as people get annoyed with the same things being said. Different slants.

Back