• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Do you have small man or even worse small dick syndrome ?

I think it's fair to assume those who need to use large fonts to try and get a point across are somewhat lacking in the trouser department :smile:

U must be for it to be on you mind mate ;)

Regarding what I said about Luggys comments I don't disagree with him. I simply say you can put a different slant on it without the exact same words. This is what I meant by repetitive. As for saying I've exaggerated one defeat, one defeat? Its three defeats in five . That may sound harsh but to win Leagues or gain auoti promotion you have to be ultra consistent as possible. Ok we were due a dodgy spell after such a great firstr half to the campaign but we've not been right since December. For me that is more than a casual blip.

I don't really care what he says, it is all a load of cliched bull anyway:

- We weren't at the races today
- Some of the players have let the fans and themselves down
- We were second best
- Eastwood money
- Onions
- Mohsni's hair

blah blah blah

At least he doesn't blame the pitch, the weather, the ref, the floodlights and the ball boy (who had a shocker last night)!

A while back, when we had 2 games in a week, every time we lost he was blaming tiredness.

When we win he also says the same old thing, nobody complains. But then again, I can't understand a thing he says anyway (is it just me)?

He is a great manager and is doing a great job. Whether we get promoted, or not, he has done well IMO.

Expectations are high this season and every time we lose, the same old faces overreact.

Arsenal fans think they have a God given right to win a trophy every 3 or 4 years, and get in the Champions league every year too. Looking on as a neutral I listen to them and think what a bunch of arrogant ****'s

Next time we lose, I suggest you have a nice cup of tea and a chocolate biscuit (or 2). That always helps to calm me down after a defeat.

Got to go, kettle's just boiled.

Just listened to the post match interview with PS. Same old story, players not playing, big changes going to be made. Well lets be clear, looking at the list of recent signings, Benyon, Baldwin, Martin, Flood and sick note Sampson, none were fit to play when they arrived and at the stage of the season they joined us we needed fit bodies not liabilities. There are shocking errors at the club from top to bottom with regard players and the buck stops with the manager. If you cant get the players you signed to do the job required then you are not the man for the job.

Be careful of what you wish for, because another poster on this site thinks that no-one else will manage us because of RM, and we only ended up with PS because he was desperate.

Aldershot last night & just in general

I don’t get to many games these days as I live a fair distance from Southend – in fact I’ve only been to two this season; Aldershot last night & the 3-0 defeat at Cheltenham. On both occasions we’ve been dire & I’m struggling to see how we’re so high in the League! I can only assume that when I’m not there we play so much better than when I am!

Liam Dickinson is pretty woeful from what I’ve seen, he did nothing last night! Another player who is just big & bulky, but slow......and far too interested in doing back heels rather than giving simple passes is Bilel Moshni. Ryan Hall was poor last night too, and just seemed to keep kicking the ball into touch!

Alot of our fans were being quite insulting to Aldershot, calling them a tinpot club but I think they made us look pretty tinpot last night! Granted they don’t get great crowds, but their ground is as good as ours & the atmosphere they create is far better than ours.

They had alot of players that look far better than we currently have, and I’d be amazed if we get promoted.

Sturrock seems to have lost the plot & most of the players aren’t up to it. This may seem drastic but I think we should think about sacking him now & trying to get Tilson back for the run in. Failing that, I’d be tempted to try & get Nas Bashir who is a great up & coming manager currently working wonders on a low budget with Hayes & Yeading.

This Shrimperzone is such a sad place, full of dreamers thinking we can coast to promotion playing like Real Madrid or Barcelona.
Plenty of pillocks thinking thay can slag off the club at the drop of a hat.
I am proud of Southend United and always will be through good and bad times.
Ron Martins deserves credit for keeping the club afloat through really tough times.
Paul Sturrock has given us a team that is in the top 3 going into March.
STOP MOANING YOU SAD LOT:smile:

HERE HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap::clap::clap:

In fact close this thread its pointless

So you are the self-appointed thread police are you? I feel quite justified in making my point and clearly by responses, others have wanted to add their thoughts. If you are bored of it, why read it? I am sure you have far more profound and intellectual topics to digest.:thumbdown:

So you are the self-appointed thread police are you? I feel quite justified in making my point and clearly by responses, others have wanted to add their thoughts. If you are bored of it, why read it? I am sure you have far more profound and intellectual topics to digest.:thumbdown:

If you had bothered to notice you will see my post is in response to a thread which is now merged with this!

Sturrock seems to have lost the plot & most of the players aren’t up to it. This may seem drastic but I think we should think about sacking him now & trying to get Tilson back for the run in. Failing that, I’d be tempted to try & get Nas Bashir who is a great up & coming manager currently working wonders on a low budget with Hayes & Yeading.
You are joking aren't you? For one, I have no wish to go backwards and for two, I very much doubt anything on earth would convince him to come back!

Do you have small man or even worse small dick syndrome ?

I think it's fair to assume those who need to use large fonts to try and get a point across are somewhat lacking in the trouser department :smile:
You wanna try telling South Bank Hank that? He responded to one of my posts recently in large font!

You are joking aren't you? For one, I have no wish to go backwards and for two, I very much doubt anything on earth would convince him to come back!

You wanna try telling South Bank Hank that? He responded to one of my posts recently in large font!

Are you trying to tell me he's a big boy ? How would you know anyway ?

I don’t get to many games these days as I live a fair distance from Southend – in fact I’ve only been to two this season; Aldershot last night & the 3-0 defeat at Cheltenham. On both occasions we’ve been dire & I’m struggling to see how we’re so high in the League! I can only assume that when I’m not there we play so much better than when I am!

Liam Dickinson is pretty woeful from what I’ve seen, he did nothing last night! Another player who is just big & bulky, but slow......and far too interested in doing back heels rather than giving simple passes is Bilel Moshni. Ryan Hall was poor last night too, and just seemed to keep kicking the ball into touch!

Alot of our fans were being quite insulting to Aldershot, calling them a tinpot club but I think they made us look pretty tinpot last night! Granted they don’t get great crowds, but their ground is as good as ours & the atmosphere they create is far better than ours.

They had alot of players that look far better than we currently have, and I’d be amazed if we get promoted.

and.............

............Duncan Jupp?????

Whilst our ground is by no means great, it is better than Aldershots and as far as I know in the 50 years that we have had floodlights we have never had a game abandoned due to floodlight failure, although I can remember a match where we had partial failure but there was sufficient light to carry on.

What I will agree on is the atmosphere and that is due to all their fans that want to make a noise being able to stand in one place. Although at times it was just the man with the full drum kit you could hear and not that many fans actually singing or joining in with the drumming. But as Plymouth showed you can generate a good atmosphere in all seated stadium.

People always moan about the accoustics at Roots Hall but I don't always agree with that one, it is actually down to the numbers of people that want to join in with the chanting/singing that is the main problem.

This Shrimperzone is such a sad place, full of dreamers thinking we can coast to promotion playing like Real Madrid or Barcelona.
Plenty of pillocks thinking thay can slag off the club at the drop of a hat.
I am proud of Southend United and always will be through good and bad times.
Ron Martins deserves credit for keeping the club afloat through really tough times.
Paul Sturrock has given us a team that is in the top 3 going into March.
STOP MOANING YOU SAD LOT:smile:

You may not have noticed but Barça aren't playing all that well at the minute(at least in La Liga).:happy::winking:

I don't want to start yet another Luggy thread but there is something that came up on a tweet from Dickinson, that perhaps merits some discussion. He sent this to a friend:-

"on the way back to f**kin southend fumin coz we r in tomorrow and I'm missin avas birthday!!"

So presumably.......as a punishment???.........Luggy is having the squad in for training today. With our next game on Saturday I can't quite see the point of this. From what I heard, the team were pretty clueless yesterday but was real effort missing? I can't help believing that this kind of sanction is only going to ferment discontent amongst the squad and do little to resolve the real problems.

I don't want to start yet another Luggy thread but there is something that came up on a tweet from Dickinson, that perhaps merits some discussion. He sent this to a friend:-

"on the way back to f**kin southend fumin coz we r in tomorrow and I'm missin avas birthday!!"

So presumably.......as a punishment???.........Luggy is having the squad in for training today. With our next game on Saturday I can't quite see the point of this. From what I heard, the team were pretty clueless yesterday but was real effort missing? I can't help believing that this kind of sanction is only going to ferment discontent amongst the squad and do little to resolve the real problems.

As Dicko didn't win a header all game yesterday I'd suggest he stop moaning and get on with it. And while he's at training today he might like to work on his first touch as well- he couldn't trap a bag of cement at the moment.

with the amount of investiment stobarts have invested in the town, would it be so bad if the new stadium was called stadium stobart, or even the easyjet stadium!!

The players were in for training today and the bit I saw was close passing routines. I was only there for a short time so they could have practised "longer" direct passing after I left.

Back