• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

714139-9c434f3a-58d6-11e3-8974-69a7d7a3124c.jpg

Australia have quite simply wanted it far more than we have.

Some of the England performances have been shambolic. I find KP to be one of the most annoying players, he seems to have no team ethic. That, or no brain. Always looking out for himself, not the team, when he goes out to the middle.

Unfortunately, this is hardly a blip, it has been coming for long time. We just don't score anywhere near enough runs. The bowlers have now finally caved in to the pressure of saving us all the time.

Ian Bell managed to cover over the rest of the batting failures in the summer.

We have a list of problems as long as your arm!

Meh... it is done now. I'm still flying out on Sunday, I'll still be there on the first morning of the Boxing Day Test and I'm still going to have an amazing time. I just hope that we can win the toss and have a bat first.

I find KP to be one of the most annoying players, he seems to have no team ethic. That, or no brain. Always looking out for himself, not the team, when he goes out to the middle.

This is true, pretty much everytime he has been dismissed this series it has been playing a lazy or stupid shot. None more than in the 2nd innings in Perth when batting out time was the objective and the idiot tries to hit Lyon out of the ground.

England in this series batted like Australia in the previous series. Few batsmen willing or able to grind out an innings when conditions are tough.

I hope you enjoy the Melbourne test, Beefy. Not too much though.

Speaking of the other "Beefy", one thing I have learned during this tour is not to listen to his opinion. #worthless

Meh... it is done now. I'm still flying out on Sunday, I'll still be there on the first morning of the Boxing Day Test and I'm still going to have an amazing time. I just hope that we can win the toss and have a bat first.

Don't think the result would have been reversed but losing the toss has made a difference as it did in the summer.
I'm KP's biggest critic but the man has scored 8000 runs so he ain't getting dropped and nor should he.
Lastly, you Bast*** for getting out to OZ! Melbourne probably my favourite city - recommend Fitzroy for a night out - old style pubs and plenty of live music - short tram ride from centre - enjoy

Time for changes in the last two tests. My team for next test. Cook, Carberry, Bell, Root, Ballance, Bairstow, Stokes, Broad (if fit), Finn, Rankin, Panesar. Tremlett if no Broas

Swann, Prior KP and Anderson needs resting and realise they can be dropped if they don't play to their own high standards. The performance of Stokes has shown that bringing in a talented untried youngster can work, and there's enough experience in there to give a good balance. Swann and Anderson look shot to pieces. The heat and the number of overs have taken its toll. Of course that's down to the inadequate batting and our attack having to bowl so many overs. Pietersen just doesn't seem to care, Priors bad form has spilled over into his keeping. The signs of decline were there in the summer. We looked in trouble so many times and it was usually Bell who got us out of it. The Ashes have gone now, just hope we can get some pride back in the last two tests and it doesnt become a 5-0 Whitewash again

http://www.espncricinfo.com/the-ashes-2013-14/content/story/701223.html

This article sums up perfectly why England lost. Our players play so much more cricket than any other Test nation, and the Flower camp is an intense one. It's a good job that the main players can have January-May off to recharge. We still have an excellent team, they don't turn poor overnight.

And I include KP in that. He's a class act. Maybe the trouble is that he knows it.

Bloody hell that Cook stat is insane.

He's faced 6597 deliveries in international cricket in the last 12 months.

The next most has faced 5534 deliveries. It's not even close.

And that's including the Ashes tour when he's worn down. And it's not even as if it's just this year because the grind is relentless.

Don't think the result would have been reversed but losing the toss has made a difference as it did in the summer.
I'm KP's biggest critic but the man has scored 8000 runs so he ain't getting dropped and nor should he.
Lastly, you Bast*** for getting out to OZ! Melbourne probably my favourite city - recommend Fitzroy for a night out - old style pubs and plenty of live music - short tram ride from centre - enjoy

I just think that the game has been over the last two Tests as soon as we've lost the toss. Not saying we'd have won them had we won the toss but psychologically it must be crushing for the England players to see three Test Matches in a row play out before their eyes in almost exactly the same way.

Always wanted to do an Ashes tour and figured this might be the last chance so got tickets for five days across Melbourne and Sydney. I really hadn't imagined that it would be all over by the time we get on the plane though.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/the-ashes-2013-14/content/story/701223.html

This article sums up perfectly why England lost. Our players play so much more cricket than any other Test nation, and the Flower camp is an intense one. It's a good job that the main players can have January-May off to recharge. We still have an excellent team, they don't turn poor overnight.

And I include KP in that. He's a class act. Maybe the trouble is that he knows it.

Thanks for posting this. The line that sums up the whole issue for me here is:

"Somewhere, somehow, England forgot to enjoy the journey."

Back