• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Some rather daft comments in this thread.

This game has swung in favour of both teams throughout and will continue to do so.

As the poster above says, England will feel confident of defending 230, look at the spin Swann was getting earlier today. We need to get to 300+ and then I suspect we will win.

Gonna stick my neck out and say that England will build a commanding lead tomorrow, with the relatively inexperienced Aussie attack beginning to wilt after two highly intense days' cricket. I think it'll be a challenging first hour for England after which one of Cook/Pietersen will go big; thus resulting in England winning the test late on Saturday evening after Swann has given them a good going over.

Or we'll be 160 all out and I'll be unbearably rude to everyone all weekend...

If we are still batting by close of play I think we will probably win. If not, I think we will probably lose. Having had then dead and buried I would think defeat will take a hell of a lot of getting over as the series progresses.

By the way, I have just about had enough now of the media rattling on and on about Ashton Agar. Even TMS had his parents on during commentary yesterday with the dreadfully one-sided Jim Maxwell. So I can't wait to hear from Ian Bell's Aunt Gladys whilst he is in bat later on.

Agreed on Agar. Give it a rest! He should of been out with the stumping anyway, that was as "out" a stumping as I've seen in cricket. They probably felt sorry for him not knowing how it would impact the game!

And whilst we're on the subject of umpiring......Trott hit the ball on the LBW call but was given out because they were replaying footage of Roots' dismissal which bizarrely didn't show any hotspot...So in theory we've been robbed twice in two balls by umpiring decisions.

By the way, I have just about had enough now of the media rattling on and on about Ashton Agar.

Agreed on Agar. Give it a rest!

Get over it you whinging pommies! It's hardly rattling on, the game he did it in hasn't even finished yet! :smile:

It's like an undiscovered youngster coming to Roots Hall, making his debut against us and scoring a perfect hattrick of thirty yarders in the first half. You applaud the hattrick, admire the talent, then hope he has a mare in the second as you smash in four beauties of your own to grind out a win!!

Well done Agar. Here's to a forthcoming bunch of ducks!

If we are still batting by close of play I think we will probably win. If not, I think we will probably lose. Having had then dead and buried I would think defeat will take a hell of a lot of getting over as the series progresses.

By the way, I have just about had enough now of the media rattling on and on about Ashton Agar. Even TMS had his parents on during commentary yesterday with the dreadfully one-sided Jim Maxwell. So I can't wait to hear from Ian Bell's Aunt Gladys whilst he is in bat later on.

Disagree. I thought that was a good piece on TMS yesterday given the back story. Showed the value of parental support in sporting success too.

That said, I was pleased he didn't get his 100. He's an Aussie and I would gladly see every Aussie player get out for a first ball duck in every Test they play. *****.

bloody hell Cook! Just completely negated the value of that 50 by playing a brainless shot and condemning us surely to defeat in the first test!!!

Back