• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I like the noise and the drum.
I also like the chants such as the Barry Barry Corr repeated and repeated. And I wish TBV will do this in an attempt to preempt a BBBC moment rather after the big man does something.

Personally think that the blue voice efforts are good but unfortunately are not heard that well around the ground I sit in the south upper and sometimes barely hear them this is more due to the stand they are in than their efforts , I think they will get out sung a lot this season due to the north bank having a better roof to project the sound made as was evident last night by the 500+ wombles , would be great if we could put the away fans somewhere else and they move back to the north bank as that would certainly give us a real home advantage from the terraces

Tbf I'm not sure that our black players appreciated the fact that every time akinfenwa came over towards TBV he kept getting called a black c-unit.

In this day an age it's an embarrassment.

Tbf I'm not sure that our black players appreciated the fact that every time akinfenwa came over towards TBV he kept getting called a black c-unit.

That is racist behaviour and unacceptable.

Completely unacceptable if true, but wouldn't tar all TBV with the same brush. It was obviously a small minority of idiots who happened to be sitting in with them.

I stood at Prittlewell station waiting for the train home and had to listen to a smartly dressed chap tell his mate how Prosser should've "decked that black **** Akinfenwa". I think he must have forgotten that we had Coulthirst and Weston on the pitch. Still goes to show that it's wrong to associate this kind of disgusting behaviour with the type of people you'll find in TBV.

Shocked to hear that this sort of thing still goes on.

TBV do a good job in my view, rather daft to have issues with a bunch of supporters supporting their team. Everyone has there own opinion I suppose

TBV do a good job in my view, rather daft to have issues with a bunch of supporters supporting their team. Everyone has there own opinion I suppose

I don't think racial abuse is rather daft.

I don't think racial abuse is rather daft.

Well written Tommy, I hear too much stupid racist and homophobic rubbish from a small but offensive number of males at our games from persons supposedly supporting our team.
The foul, offensive abuse especially with sexist terms is also, for me, and I believe many others unacceptable, embarrassing and repellant.
In my experience men, or boys, who shout out this mindless filth and hate are evidencing their standards and intelligence...........or rather lack of!

[Qdon't=Tommy2holes;1655873]I don't think racial abuse is rather daft.[/QUOTE]

I dont think Racial abuse is daft either, there is no place for it, but that isn't what I am responding to, my comment is in regard to them singing. As for the racial abuse the only way to get rid of it is to report the idiots doing it and the club to ban them and the Police to do what they deem necessary. It's not hard to report it, every programme has the numbers for the kick it out campaign

Well written Tommy, I hear too much stupid racist and homophobic rubbish from a small but offensive number of males at our games from persons supposedly supporting our team.
The foul, offensive abuse especially with sexist terms is also, for me, and I believe many others unacceptable, embarrassing and repellant.
In my experience men, or boys, who shout out this mindless filth and hate are evidencing their standards and intelligence...........or rather lack of!

It's horrible and I'm not condoning it in any way but it's a football match and unfortunately that's what you come to expect from a crowd of drunk young/middle-aged heterosexual men. Every now and then it gets taken a bit too far beyond banter, and that is an issue for the stewards to deal with.

Point taken and I apologise for a dig at our friends in the East (the majority of which are season card holders that have supported us for many years). To be honest, I couldn't hear them last night...but I was in a loud W Block, and as you say the acoustics around the ground are not great. I only went by my previous experiences of sitting in the East Stand which was as above, but that was a couple of seasons back.

Don't get me started on applauding our players (I thought we disappeared in the West far too quickly). Respect to you guys for that.

Hey. While the Blue Voice are doing their bit, I'm in the East winding up the opposition bench. Don't knock us in the Easts

It's horrible and I'm not condoning it in any way but it's a football match and unfortunately that's what you come to expect from a crowd of drunk young/middle-aged heterosexual men. Every now and then it gets taken a bit too far beyond banter, and that is an issue for the stewards to deal with.

I am in that category and even when ive had a few i dont go around racially abusing anyone so i dont expect that of other people. Its only an issue for the stewards if the hear it direct or it is reported. If in fact this is true and people were racially abusing anyone then someone must have heard it and know who they are. They should report them to the club. I will never understand racially abusing a footballer when in 99.9% of cases their own team will have black players as well.

Quite frankly in my opinion those using racism have not been educated about different races. They are only embarrassing themselves.

Eh? How can we have regressed so far that we've "come to expect" racism from a crowd of drunk young men? Likening it to "banter that's gone a bit too far" is also appalling. Racism is racism, it's unlike any other form of chanting and should be immediately dealt with. Life-time bans for all involved, and I'd encourage those to have witnessed it report those involved.

Completely unacceptable if true, but wouldn't tar all TBV with the same brush. It was obviously a small minority of idiots who happened to be sitting in with them.

I stood at Prittlewell station waiting for the train home and had to listen to a smartly dressed chap tell his mate how Prosser should've "decked that black **** Akinfenwa". I think he must have forgotten that we had Coulthirst and Weston on the pitch. Still goes to show that it's wrong to associate this kind of disgusting behaviour with the type of people you'll find in TBV.

Shocked to hear that this sort of thing still goes on.

I think the guy is giving away his IQ level if he thinks Prosser is capable of decking Akinfenwa.

As an aside. A young mouthy lad (16?) used to stand close to me in the middle of W. One match he kept on and on using the C word until I politely asked him to stop and told him he was embarrassing. I was ready for a lot of abuse from him and/or his mates but in fairness he shut up for the rest of the game , and has now moved down the front:sad:

Correct there though I heard no such thing though had I it would have been handled

I'm surprised you didn't Scott as it came from the area we were sitting in and I'm sure our black supporters and.players would not have enjoyed it one bit. It was just once either.

I am in that category and even when ive had a few i dont go around racially abusing anyone so i dont expect that of other people. Its only an issue for the stewards if the hear it direct or it is reported. If in fact this is true and people were racially abusing anyone then someone must have heard it and know who they are. They should report them to the club. I will never understand racially abusing a footballer when in 99.9% of cases their own team will have black players as well.

I'm not saying that's what you expect from people at all, but it's more likely to happen in a large football crowd that has a small demographic - I can't think of many other places I hear casual racism, homophobia etc regularly. Unfortunately it's a still a much bigger problem that we like to admit and should always be reported if possible.

Back