• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Day the Immigrants Left

I would like to think I have an active mind however I managed to hold down a job in a sponge factory for over a year.

If anything there were more distractions due to the different sponge types (scourer, massage, novelty animal shape etc.)

I worked on a mushroom farm for a while as well and still managed to keep my eyes on the road.

I've propably not explained it that well . Basically the wiring in the lad's brain is different , say on aPCB you just made someone has put in to low a value resistor, too much is going into the capacitor and lets say this feeds a dynamo , its running far faster then it needs too , not enough to blow it but to degrade a smooth performance.

So in a person's case the filter from the info your eyes receive and your brain processes His resistor's are too low and it allows to much in, so his over active as responding to all this information at once.

ADHD is just used as an excuse by parents and teachers who can't control rowdy kids. Tell them that they need to concentrate or they get an *** kicking and they'll suddenly be cured.

ADHD is just used as an excuse by parents and teachers who can't control rowdy kids. Tell them that they need to concentrate or they get an *** kicking and they'll suddenly be cured.

We'll ignore medical evidence provided by MRI's then. Yes fear and intimidation work wanders (till you get big enough to do it on those who did it to you ahh sweet revenge :D)

We'll ignore medical evidence provided by MRI's then. Yes fear and intimidation work wanders (till you get big enough to do it on those who did it to you ahh sweet revenge :D)

Are you honestly saying that all those who say they had ADHD have the MRI results to back it up.

ADHD is a real enough disorder , but its also a disorder seriously undermined by its regular use as a flippant excuse for misbehaviour. A bit like the true dyslexics being dismissed because of the large numbers who claim they have it when they were just too idle to learn

Fear and intimidation work a lot better than making excuses for every lazy ******* who wants to sponge off the state.

Unfortunately, it is a classic 'lazy label' to apply to kids.

I've seen both sides of ADHD - the ones that just need a bit of discipline and boundary work to realise that there's nothing fundamentally wrong with them other than ineffectual parenting - this is not ADHD.

On the other side is true ADHD which is a physiological condition - I'm no expert, but I'm led to believe (by actual experts) that the 'behaviour' is caused by a weakness in the temporal lobes which mean that a kid (or adult) is unable to concentrate on a single subject for longer than John Terry can keep his pants up. In these cases the ADHD is controlled (counter-intuitively) through the use of stimulants - I've experienced this first hand, and it is a strange experience feeding a child stimulants to help them calm down.

Bizarrely, I've found fishing is an excellent way to determine whether a child has true ADHD or not - mis-diagnosed ADHD kids still try to carry on like little s***s and can't sit still - whereas those with true ADHD actually sit, concentrate and stay calm for hours on end. Perhaps, it's because I'm such a poor angler that there's absolutely nothing going on to distract them...

Are you honestly saying that all those who say they had ADHD have the MRI results to back it up.

ADHD is a real enough disorder , but its also a disorder seriously undermined by its regular use as a flippant excuse for misbehaviour. A bit like the true dyslexics being dismissed because of the large numbers who claim they have it when they were just too idle to learn

No i was suggesting ADHD is a real problem and dismissing Rusty's flippancy.

It's a catch 22 . Behavioural problems will occur as described in all the Austic spectrum condition's . To put it into perspective every human being is on the Austic spectrum (just like we all carry , certain viruses ) its the circumstance/enviroment that cause them to become a problem. Laziness is a symptom never a cause , like saying high temperatures always cause fevers .

Its not that true Dyslexic's were dismissed its that some children with other disorder's were being misdiagnosed . The majority of children havnt previously been picked up and even now as the methods are either not being taught to schools , teachers or in teh xtrememe case (as is happing in Westcliff at the moment ) ignored all together .

I know this because I've been attending here http://www.dyspraxiafoundation.org.uk/info/show_local.php?id=14 and am a member (having Dyspraxia myself). And individual cases are discussed , and how difficult (its a parent group), the kid's also in some worse cases suffer ADHD and Austium. The educational systems we've had in place arnt designed to cater for these issues.
So when a say a child is being taught in a way it finds very difficult to comprehend and is told is wrong or stupid or lazy all teh time it will have an affect .

Unfortunately, it is a classic 'lazy label' to apply to kids.

I've seen both sides of ADHD - the ones that just need a bit of discipline and boundary work to realise that there's nothing fundamentally wrong with them other than ineffectual parenting - this is not ADHD.

On the other side is true ADHD which is a physiological condition - I'm no expert, but I'm led to believe (by actual experts) that the 'behaviour' is caused by a weakness in the temporal lobes which mean that a kid (or adult) is unable to concentrate on a single subject for longer than John Terry can keep his pants up. In these cases the ADHD is controlled (counter-intuitively) through the use of stimulants - I've experienced this first hand, and it is a strange experience feeding a child stimulants to help them calm down.

Bizarrely, I've found fishing is an excellent way to determine whether a child has true ADHD or not - mis-diagnosed ADHD kids still try to carry on like little s***s and can't sit still - whereas those with true ADHD actually sit, concentrate and stay calm for hours on end. Perhaps, it's because I'm such a poor angler that there's absolutely nothing going on to distract them...

Dyslexia is the same frontal lobe's and short term memory are under developed . Its why meditation is seriously being though of as being used to teach primary schools kids to help sort out which have teh boundary issues and which the neurological.

And like ADHD is used as an excuse for stupid and/or lazy kids.
Whats your excuse then Rusty . As i've already stated medical science has specificity looked into this , brain wiring is different in specific brain locations (notability Cerebral Cortex, Thalamus and the frontal lobes).
My GP has informed me that its such an issue a long with increased funding into Neurological research and dementia issues these are now being seriously looked into.

Last edited:
Enough of all this idle chat, what about the fact that all the British workers were more intent on slagging off their fellow pairings / employers and telling them 'why they could do the job as well as an immigrant' than actually getting on with it and proving it, eh?

DEY-TUK-AR-JOBBZ...

The idle and incompetent British workers featured in the show would quickly learn to turn up on time and count potatoes if they knew there would be no benefits parachute waiting for them when they resigned or got canned. Under a Rusty government, there would be no safety net for people who could safely stay on the trapeze if they really wanted to.

The idle and incompetent British workers featured in the show would quickly learn to turn up on time and count potatoes if they knew there would be no benefits parachute waiting for them when they resigned or got canned. Under a Rusty government, there would be no safety net for people who could safely stay on the trapeze if they really wanted to.

When are you running?

Whats your excuse then Rusty . As i've already stated medical science has specificity looked into this , brain wiring is different in specific brain locations (notability Cerebral Cortex, Thalamus and the frontal lobes).
My GP has informed me that its such an issue a long with increased funding into Neurological research and dementia issues these are now being seriously looked into.

Jeez,

No one is denying the existance of these disorders, no one is belittling the true sufferers. However people should learn to differentiate between unwillingness and inability
A number of people are using bona fide disorders as excuses for idleness and its dong the true sufferers no good whatsoever.

Back