• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Day the Immigrants Left

i guess depression is almost an illness and some people will get it and some wont, and some people are immune to it, and some will pretend to have it (much like when your young and pretend to have a tummy ache to get off school).
Fortunatly, i guess, i must be immune to it!

Be careful i used to think that as well ;)

MadCyril: Extraordinary bad luck on the BBC's part i know ! However could it have happened

while im cautious, i reckon if what happenend a year and half ago didnt send me over the edge, nothing will.

while im cautious, i reckon if what happenend a year and half ago didnt send me over the edge, nothing will.

As GP's recommend you get your body looked at at least once a year , that might include the mind .
Some people treat their car's better then their own bodies , both of them can crash though .

Is this not another mental state that can also be classed as laziness though Osy?
My Dad died about 4 years ago so i know how you feel. and I was absolutely devastated, but surely the only way forward for people suffering from depression is to get their head down, work hard, get out and get on with it and hopefully sort themselves out.

*Nods in agreement*

My Dad died when I was 16 and six months later I didn't do quite as well in my A-Level History as I might have done. I didn't even think of blaming that on anything other than the *******s who created the exam not putting in a question about Disraeli. Unbelievable.

I suppose I could have used Dad's death as an excuse but some of us just aren't wired that way.

*Nods in agreement*

My Dad died when I was 16 and six months later I didn't do quite as well in my A-Level History as I might have done. I didn't even think of blaming that on anything other than the *******s who created the exam not putting in a question about Disraeli. Unbelievable.

I suppose I could have used Dad's death as an excuse but some of us just aren't wired that way.

Could have been all of the reasons could have been none, the only person that knows what goes on in your head is you . That's why some people can be shelled for days and never break , and others fall apart when a precious possession is destroyed .

Another way of seeing it is liking dripping water , some people just get small drips all their lives others get huge rainfalls every now and again . Comes down to how much water you keep in your head.

Could have been all of the reasons could have been none, the only person that knows what goes on in your head is you . That's why some people can be shelled for days and never break , and others fall apart when a precious possession is destroyed .

Another way of seeing it is liking dripping water , some people just get small drips all their lives others get huge rainfalls every now and again . Comes down to how much water you keep in your head.

You seem to have a lot of water on the brain.

I am surpised someone hasn't opened a 100% immigrant free business given the rise of anti-immigrant sentiment sweeping the nation.

I am sure people with such strong opinions would cheerfully pay more for goods and services if it meant they could finally put tired old phrases like 'will the last person to leave Britain please turn out the lights' out to pasture.

I am surpised someone hasn't opened a 100% immigrant free business given the rise of anti-immigrant sentiment sweeping the nation.

I am sure people with such strong opinions would cheerfully pay more for goods and services if it meant they could finally put tired old phrases like 'will the last person to leave Britain please turn out the lights' out to pasture.

I've always thought that an airline that didn't allow Muslim passengers would do well - it could charge premium prices for Ryanair like facilities, all the while reassuring its passengers: 'If we crash, it will be down to our own incompetence, not Islamist zeal'. I'm working on the business plan now.

Back