• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Day the Immigrants Left

Whats your excuse then Rusty . As i've already stated medical science has specificity looked into this , brain wiring is different in specific brain locations (notability Cerebral Cortex, Thalamus and the frontal lobes).
My GP has informed me that its such an issue a long with increased funding into Neurological research and dementia issues these are now being seriously looked into.

You tend to favour Eastern mysticism over Western science except when it's giving you an excuse for why you've ended up stacking shelves.

Jeez,

No one is denying the existance of these disorders, no one is belittling the true sufferers. However people should learn to differentiate between unwillingness and inability
A number of people are using bona fide disorders as excuses for idleness and its dong the true sufferers no good whatsoever.

Well actually Rusty is.
I agree (the one you quoted was against Rusty not your point), however in either regard there's still problems. Idleness/laziness as i said before is not a root cause of behaviour it is symptom.

However, if there had been better awareness and more "expert's" to diagnose the issues the fakers would have been exposed ages ago (plus I'm not sure what benefit's you got for faking Dyslexia , unless your in education and you might get a laptop )

You tend to favour Eastern mysticism over Western science except when it's giving you an excuse for why you've ended up stacking shelves.

Actually I don't favor one over the other. Only what can be proven in an empirical environment.

I don, stack shelves i used to work in a IT outsourcing firm till last year when i was caring for my now deceased father. I've been singed off with depression for teh last few month's

Actually I don't favor one over the other. Only what can be proven in an empirical environment.

I don, stack shelves i used to work in a IT outsourcing firm till last year when i was caring for my now deceased father. I've been singed off with depression for teh last few month's

Man up son.

Well actually Rusty is.
I agree (the one you quoted was against Rusty not your point), however in either regard there's still problems. Idleness/laziness as i said before is not a root cause of behaviour it is symptom.

However, if there had been better awareness and more "expert's" to diagnose the issues the fakers would have been exposed ages ago (plus I'm not sure what benefit's you got for faking Dyslexia , unless your in education and you might get a laptop )

Because its a sympyom of ADHD, it doesn't follow that every one who is prone to laziness has ADHD ...

Just as an inability to read is a symptom of Dyslexia, but not everyone who can't read is dyslexic....

Because its a sympyom of ADHD, it doesn't follow that every one who is prone to laziness has ADHD ...

Just as an inability to read is a symptom of Dyslexia, but not everyone who can't read is dyslexic....

True but i wasn't contesting any of that , and if we had more awareness none of those would be an issue .

The laziness label annoys me because some people always assume it's cause , and i agree its a symptom of many issues , all of which have not been explored because its the lazy intellect's of those flinging the term round as it is those who I agree with you labelled children as one of the above with out proper investigation.

A lot of what the bosses were saying about foreign workers I feel are true. I work in the care industry and the majority of carers especially in the community are of African birth. The pay is not great, the job is certainly not glamorous and the hours are long, and the past 2 jobs I have had in community caring there must had been an 85%-15% African to English staff ratio.
the jobs are there for anybody but the English are not interested.

True but i wasn't contesting any of that , and if we had more awareness none of those would be an issue .

The laziness label annoys me because some people always assume it's cause , and i agree its a symptom of many issues , all of which have not been explored because its the lazy intellect's of those flinging the term round as it is those who I agree with you labelled children as one of the above with out proper investigation.

its not awareness thats the problem, many many people are aware of ADHD , and are large number are using it as an excuse.

To me its the lack of questioning of people who make the glib statements ie "he has ADHD". etc if these bland excuses for a parents inablity to bring thier child up properly were questioned more often perhaps the ignorant lump which is rattling off this excuse might think twice about using another persons genuine disability to excuse their own failings.

Its all about responsibility , too many people are looking for someone to blame for their misfortune, accident, own mistakes etc and if they can't find anyone to blame , a medical condition is the next best thing.

I tell you what, a lot less people would claim ADHD if it involved some sort of "oscopy" as a test for it......

its not awareness thats the problem, many many people are aware of ADHD , and are large number are using it as an excuse.

To me its the lack of questioning of people who make the glib statements ie "he has ADHD". etc if these bland excuses for a parents inablity to bring thier child up properly were questioned more often perhaps the ignorant lump which is rattling off this excuse might think twice about using another persons genuine disability to excuse their own failings.

Its all about responsibility , too many people are looking for someone to blame for their misfortune, accident, own mistakes etc and if they can't find anyone to blame , a medical condition is the next best thing.

I tell you what, a lot less people would claim ADHD if it involved some sort of "oscopy" as a test for it......

Yup or a can we just cut open little Jimmy/Janes head to look at the squirly bits.

I do agree, however having taken the test for Dyslexia if it is performed correctly you can't fake it , you cant learn the reactions required or even prepare for them plus at £400 a pop good luck with that . ADHD included , i did learn Za Zen meditation to reduce the affect on me but thats personal for each person some as already said need medication.

Yup or a can we just cut open little Jimmy/Janes head to look at the squirly bits.

I do agree, however having taken the test for Dyslexia if it is performed correctly you can't fake it , you cant learn the reactions required or even prepare for them plus at £400 a pop good luck with that . ADHD included , i did learn Za Zen meditation to reduce the affect on me but thats personal for each person some as already said need medication.

Sounds like you need a lot of medication. I'd start with crack.

I've been singed off with depression for teh last few month's

Is this not another mental state that can also be classed as laziness though Osy?
My Dad died about 4 years ago so i know how you feel. and I was absolutely devastated, but surely the only way forward for people suffering from depression is to get their head down, work hard, get out and get on with it and hopefully sort themselves out.

Is this not another mental state that can also be classed as laziness though Osy?
My Dad died about 4 years ago so i know how you feel. and I was absolutely devastated, but surely the only way forward for people suffering from depression is to get their head down, work hard, get out and get on with it and hopefully sort themselves out.

Its actually down to the individual and what has caused it it (depression is basiclly the medical term for extreme loss is essential your Achilles heel, or to a point where you see no way of dealing with it). Depression is only deemed "laziness" by those who have never had it or treat it. Just by those who don't understand it.

My Dad died in January after a year of having a brain tumour. In the previous year I also had those stereotypical 4 most stressful things in your life happen in less then 10 months. Some people do deal with it by diving into work , some don't.

I also had those stereotypical 4 most stressful things in your life happen in less then 10 months. Some people do deal with it by diving into work , some don't.

So the other alternative is to do what?

I seem to recall you having a dig at me the other wrongly assuming I was a failed small businessman and telling me hows things should work based on advice from an ex girlfriend. All this while sitting at home with depression and presumably being subsidised by the good old taxpayer.

Sounds like you need to get a grip and get out and conquer this depression.

So the other alternative is to do what?

I seem to recall you having a dig at me the other wrongly assuming I was a failed small businessman and telling me hows things should work based on advice from an ex girlfriend. All this while sitting at home with depression and presumably being subsidised by the good old taxpayer.

Sounds like you need to get a grip and get out and conquer this depression.

Alternative to what ? It's an individual process which in some cases last the rest of the person's life ?!? Some people end their lives because of it.

Mine's on private insurances which i paid for (and as ive also been a tax payer for the last 20 years even if it wasn't i would still be paying for it ? yes that could be it. As I am taking council-ling and medical advice (which is private as well ) so not to take up NHS resources . You are aware there are mobile internet devices these days ? I have been out and about even speaking to the Job centre gosh ! And the observations i made the other day were about successful business people .

Depression is another widely abused illness, probably moreso than the two disorders mentioned previously.
It really miffs me when I hear people saying they are depressed when they are just a bit down, generally depression is not something caused by outside influences it may be triggered by them but it is rare for someone to be fine and dandy for 20, 30 years and suddenly get depression. It may seem like its the first time but with relection and a shed load of hindsight, depressive episodes can be identified throughout the individuals life.

it does manifest itself in many forms as well , it can appear cause extreme anger, total lethergy amongst others however. I have been down the signed off / medication route and whilst it made it a tad bearable at the time it did nothing other than sort out that moment. Another Doctor told me point blank that he was not going to give me medication, which at the time i was almost begging for , and sent me off for counselling I was extremely sceptical and actually very angry with the Doctor, but I went along, not only did it work at the time, it gave me tips on identifying triggers, spotting when i was Susceptible to an episode and ways of prevention and dealing with the depression.

Hasn't "cured" it but it has certainly taken the edge off it
(That said it may be the reasonable successfull period SUFC have been through recently which may have helped to reduce things so we will see how it goes over the next few months.......)

Depression is another widely abused illness, probably moreso than the two disorders mentioned previously.
It really miffs me when I hear people saying they are depressed when they are just a bit down, generally depression is not something caused by outside influences it may be triggered by them but it is rare for someone to be fine and dandy for 20, 30 years and suddenly get depression. It may seem like its the first time but with relection and a shed load of hindsight, depressive episodes can be identified throughout the individuals life.

it does manifest itself in many forms as well , it can appear cause extreme anger, total lethergy amongst others however. I have been down the signed off / medication route and whilst it made it a tad bearable at the time it did nothing other than sort out that moment. Another Doctor told me point blank that he was not going to give me medication, which at the time i was almost begging for , and sent me off for counselling I was extremely sceptical and actually very angry with the Doctor, but I went along, not only did it work at the time, it gave me tips on identifying triggers, spotting when i was Susceptible to an episode and ways of prevention and dealing with the depression.

Hasn't "cured" it but it has certainly taken the edge off it
(That said it may be the reasonable successfull period SUFC have been through recently which may have helped to reduce things so we will see how it goes over the next few months.......)

Totally agree , and that's the key awareness , knowledge and acceptance on the individuals part.

Its personal as we;;l so you have to know what can set you off , and how to avoid or deal with it . They do recommend now (which sounds exactly what you were given)what is called CBT (Cognitive behavioural therapy (NLP comes from this)) for specific treatment as this allows people to acknowledge what is the cause how to deal with it and how carry one. In my specific case due to my weird brain wiring i actually already think in this way hence why it was such an issue and I was sent to see a psychiatrist.

The farmer was obviously very lucky none of his workforce of immigrant labourers suffered from ADHD. Probably why he could afford such a nice line in salmon coloured slacks.

Shocking bad luck for the BBC. You randomly pick three people you are trying hard not to portray as scum from a bone idle underclass and one of them turns out to have ADHD.

i guess depression is almost an illness and some people will get it and some wont, and some people are immune to it, and some will pretend to have it (much like when your young and pretend to have a tummy ache to get off school).
Fortunatly, i guess, i must be immune to it!

Back