• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I never heard anyone calling for a replay when, in their qualifying group, Ireland were the beneficiaries of the most dubious of all penalties when trailing Georgia.

I don't recall West Germany asking for the 1966 World Cup Final to be replayed after the obvious injustice of England's first goal.

I don't recall England, even after the howls of outrage, asking for the 1986 World Cup quarter final to be replayed after the obvious injustice of Maradona's first goal.

Perhaps if Ireland had bothered to win more than just 3 of their 10 qualifying games - one of which was the dubious victory over Georgia - or if the Irish number 8 had actually tried to clear the ball in front of him as opposed to putting his arm in the air and giving Gallas a free header from 6 yards out, I'd have more sympathy for them.

I have to answer this......I would never cheat like that never in a million years, will bore you you with a quick story, I was fortunate enough to play sunday league football with my dad for eight years and during our rampage through the divisions we had a title deciding game.....my dad went up for a corner and bundled the ball in at the back stick, cue wild celebrations...the ref gave the goal all was good.......my dad walked in to the goal and picked the ball up went up to the ref and explained he had pushed the ball in with his hand and should disallow the goal......thats an example of honesty and honour and the example I would follow

Mate - Henry did not bundle it into the goal though, and with the present laws, once the Ref has made his mind up he cannot change it. Even if a player tells him otherwise. So I am guessing that FIFA should implement something that allows the Ref to ask a player in such circumstances so the onus moves off the officials and on to the player.

Regarding Keane, this is a great interview clicky here!!

Back