• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Any one else not able to make it to the biggest game of the season?
The main thing i will miss is meeting up with sir john of the ottley(smurf) even though we only got together 18 days ago where he helped us out at the snail festival,bless him.
My only reason for not going is finance,my own fault but hey ho im gutted,any one else not going?

Unlucky buddy, must be hard not being able to go but I couldn't miss this one.

Can you not put it on credit card or something till payday and get the cheapest ticket possible?

Is there no one, family or friends anyone than can lend you the money....surely??

Unlucky buddy, must be hard not being able to go but I couldn't miss this one.

Can you not put it on credit card or something till payday and get the cheapest ticket possible?

Terrible advice.

I hope between your SUFC Mates and family, they could potentially gift you a cheap ticket. If not, get a 8 pack in and watch from home.

My brother can't go as he's at a wedding. If this had kicked off at 2 or 3 he would have gone to the match and could have gone to the reception.

I can't go as am going to see the pasty munching element of the family in Cornwaaaaall this weekend, my Mrs looked at me in a "your scrote would look nice nailed to the wall" kind of way when I suggested we go a day later...

My Dad is going to Scotland for Whitsun week, he is gutted as he missed the Lincoln playoff final too!

I'm not going as I'm in Egypt. But I will be watching the game from there with one of our former players :Worthy:! As long as I can find a bar showing the game. :smile:

Back in the day I took a Toyota Townace load of kids from the North of Scotland to the Millennium stadium three times in two years, but times change, my wife needs a lot more care, her parents are old now and my kids are grown up and have jobs and family of their own, so I can't get cover at this short notice. It's the telly for me, with my Blue n Yellow scarf and my Yellow Blue Voice flag for company.

The really bad news, though, is that Lucky Derek, who's second ever match was Lincoln, is floating around the North Sea bumping into oil rigs and can't make it either...

:'(

I'm flying back from Barbados as we are playing. The good news is I was also abroad when we beat Lincoln in Cardiff.

Yeah, not going either, as I live in Hong Kong and had already booked trip to Thailand for the Bank Holiday weekend.......Praying for decent internet at the hotel so I can watch on the same dodgy websites I used to watch the semi-finals.......was one of the 6000 who made the trip to Cardiff in 2005......the same result this time would be awesome...!

Every Final I've been to we've lost. And I need to rein in my public expenditure as I'm facing more austerity for the next few years. I also get a bit claustrophobic these days so avoiding London and mass gatherings is a bit of a relief for me too.

My Daughter is in her first ever dance show (she is 4) for 18 months I have singlly taken her every week to dancing/got all costumes/ time of work for rehersals etc. The show starts at 7.30 at the Eastgate in Basildon

So guess where I will be??

to bloody right Ill be at Wembley no excuses Sea sea seasiders........ Nanny and Grandad will have to tell me how it was

Short period of time to sort cheap flight out, 280 to 300 for flights, getting to and from airports, tickets and travel, and say 4to500 pound spends for a week, just aint got a 1,000 plus for a football game I can watch on sky. Shame as I will miss the Green Man, and the taking your breath away, as you see the pitch for the first time. The down side to watching on tv, is my missus wants to come out and watch it with me, bugger. 2 0 Blues

All the big Southend games I have been to we have lost, 3xJPT, FA cup against Everton and Sheff Wednesday, Grimsby and Morcombe where we needed to win.
where was I at Man Utd and Chelsea (away) plus Stevenage and Northampton in the play offs, yep that's right no where near the game.
With that in mind plus the fact that everybody else I know has their tickets so I would be Billy no mates, means I will be listening to it on the radio while working on Saturday

Every Final I've been to we've lost. And I need to rein in my public expenditure as I'm facing more austerity for the next few years. I also get a bit claustrophobic these days so avoiding London and mass gatherings is a bit of a relief for me too.

This post was sponsored by Bobby McFerrin.

Yeah, not going either, as I live in Hong Kong and had already booked trip to Thailand for the Bank Holiday weekend.......Praying for decent internet at the hotel so I can watch on the same dodgy websites I used to watch the semi-finals.......was one of the 6000 who made the trip to Cardiff in 2005......the same result this time would be awesome...!

The HK massive has just had a 100% membership increase. We need to hook up when I return and post a picture from our 'HK SUFC supporters club meeting'

All the big Southend games I have been to we have lost, 3xJPT, FA cup against Everton and Sheff Wednesday, Grimsby and Morcombe where we needed to win.
where was I at Man Utd and Chelsea (away) plus Stevenage and Northampton in the play offs, yep that's right no where near the game.
With that in mind plus the fact that everybody else I know has their tickets so I would be Billy no mates, means I will be listening to it on the radio while working on Saturday

Come along, you need to break that duck sometime and there's no better place than Wembley to do that!

Tony I'd happily wire over a tenner if it's going to help you get over. I'm sure others would be up for doing the same.

Back