• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sorry to hear your problems. Banks can be a real s**t in France, totally unforgiving and without much heart. I remember, back in the nineties, being sent a number of threatening letters (which you were obliged to pay ridiculous charges on and made the financial situation even worse) and one phone call menacing 'interdit bancaire' if I didn't get cash in that morning. Good luck, hope things sort themselves out.

Cheers Jules but alas the wife has ballesed up in a major way,banque postal sweet as but the BNP closed her down which closed all her bank accounts and overdafts so its five years on the naughty list for her but luckily i still have my Caisse de p account.
She thought the BNP would work the same as the Postal but alas she was/is wrong.

live in Southern Germany,been trying to find a cheap way over,but so far cannot...then today, D.B....German railways have gone on strike(again),so not many trains moving,not knowing when & what ones are.Strike will be on till at least Monday,or so they are saying.So lucky i did not book anything up...will watch on tv...but hope to be over in august

Cheers Jules but alas the wife has ballesed up in a major way,banque postal sweet as but the BNP closed her down which closed all her bank accounts and overdafts so its five years on the naughty list for her but luckily i still have my Caisse de p account.
She thought the BNP would work the same as the Postal but alas she was/is wrong.

Happily you didn't have joint accounts. The penalty for falling foul of the banking system here is pretty draconian and there doesn't appear to be that much difference between a minor misedemeanor and something far more serious. I think if you sail too close to the wind a few times they are all the quicker to open the trap door. I moved to the banque postale over ten years ago and whereas there are minor inconveniences they seem far cooler. Fortunately, I haven't had any real problems remaining within their regulations but the once or twice I overstepped the limit, they weren't too phased about it. I suppose they can afford to be easier, as they don't provide overdrafts.

Checked the play off final date ages ago before we went on our winning streak, saw I was due for my weekend night shifts and didn't want to jinx things and book time off, so I let the date slip from my mind. Sometimes my area manager can be hard as nails,but much to my surprise, on Tuesday my shifts were swapped around and I am now free to go :smile:........what wasn't said was that I had already booked and paid for my ticket and seat on TZ :winking:

Really feel for those that want to go but for some reason or other cannot attend, you don't have to be there to be a supporter, and wherever you are, enjoy, and let's hope that we are celebrating after.

Irony - my employers are sending me back to the UK to work in the London office temporarily, but not until 1st June!!

At least I get to enjoy my daughters 9th birthday on the 25th May though :smile:

Now to track down a Sports Bar to watch the match!!

Happily you didn't have joint accounts. The penalty for falling foul of the banking system here is pretty draconian and there doesn't appear to be that much difference between a minor misedemeanor and something far more serious. I think if you sail too close to the wind a few times they are all the quicker to open the trap door. I moved to the banque postale over ten years ago and whereas there are minor inconveniences they seem far cooler. Fortunately, I haven't had any real problems remaining within their regulations but the once or twice I overstepped the limit, they weren't too phased about it. I suppose they can afford to be easier, as they don't provide overdrafts.

We do/did have a joint account with the postal which was also closed along with our overdaft,funny thing is that we just got in from the restaurant and she has a letter from the BMP saying oh you have gone back in credit(the day after)carry on,im lost i really am one minute its pay your overdrafts up by friday the next its carry on.

Work getting in the way again, possibly a good thing as I am a curse. Believe we've won something ridiculous, around two of the last 20 odd games that I've escaped the north (ish) to watch.... Will find a boozer with some Notts County friends. Still, if it goes up the pictures for us, at least we can have 6 points of that rabble next year :smile:

We do/did have a joint account with the postal which was also closed along with our overdaft,funny thing is that we just got in from the restaurant and she has a letter from the BMP saying oh you have gone back in credit(the day after)carry on,im lost i really am one minute its pay your overdrafts up by friday the next its carry on.

Sounds like you need to go down and see them personally to sort the situation out...........good luck!

came back for a week couple weeks ago and was hoping to witness the Blues wrap it up at Morecambe ........splashed out 300 quid for the flight up there ....alas........was able to get back for our last outing at Wembley 2 years ago in JPT final but cannot fly back to UK for this one .....gutted ..................2-1 to the super blues .......will be watching in my living room 1.30 AM start and my neighbours are gonna be serously ****sed off if we score many goals ....there will be some volume

Term ends on 8 June so has come a couple of weeks too soon for me. Maintains my 100 per cent record of never seeing us in the play offs.

Will be watching on TV with my students who are all Shrimpers' converts!

I claim the worst kick off time, 4:30am Sunday. Not even on Sky, Sky is pretty ***** here unless you like your egg chasing. I'll risk the viruses with streaming it but it didn't work for the semi's, pesky government shutting down the decent websites.

Every Final I've been to we've lost. And I need to rein in my public expenditure as I'm facing more austerity for the next few years. I also get a bit claustrophobic these days so avoiding London and mass gatherings is a bit of a relief for me too.

Yeah my excuses/reasons are similar - made the decision long ago that I would not go - main reason being the stupid kick-off time that would not allow me to get back to Cornwall on the Saturday night by train - and I have similar sentiments about London as RN

Term ends on 8 June so has come a couple of weeks too soon for me. Maintains my 100 per cent record of never seeing us in the play offs.

This post has made me realise that I've never been to a Play-Off game either. I'd not realised that until now.

I will be in Berlin so need to find a bar showing the match. I also missed the Lincoln match so as long as the result is the same I won't be too upset!!!

Im sorry but anyone not going only has themselves to blame. Until the Luton, we where always going to be in the playoffs and you could have prepared for this. I put money aside months ago for this, just incase we made it.

Im sorry but anyone not going only has themselves to blame. Until the Luton, we where always going to be in the playoffs and you could have prepared for this. I put money aside months ago for this, just incase we made it.

Good on you. That's exactly what the guys/gals in New Zealand, Australia, Hong Kong, Tokyo, USA, Berlin, Prague etc. should have done. Also, those with money problems and living on tight budgets who should have started to divert food and rent money into a pot labelled "Play-Off Final - F everything else.".

By the way, and for the avoidance of doubt, I'm being sarcastic.

Sounds like its time to come home Tony :-):thumbsup:

Good on you. That's exactly what the guys/gals in New Zealand, Australia, Hong Kong, Tokyo, USA, Berlin, Prague etc. should have done. Also, those with money problems and living on tight budgets who should have started to divert food and rent money into a pot labelled "Play-Off Final - F everything else.".

Sorry maybe bit harsh in my first post. But way I see it you either have the money or dont have the money, no point moaning on a public forum about being skint. Feel for the people that cant go but living expenses is more important

And the ones moaning from other countries well thats down to them. Bet they don't moan wheb it's ****ing it down with rain and they somewhere nice

Back