• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Close mate of mine's only gone and organised his stag do for this Saturday, so I can't be at Wembley. If it was a 3pm kick-off I might've been able to negotiate turning up afterwards, but not with the game starting at 5:30. Rest assured I'll be holed up in a pub in central London somewhere, transfixed by the TV.

Close mate of mine's only gone and organised his stag do for this Saturday, so I can't be at Wembley. If it was a 3pm kick-off I might've been able to negotiate turning up afterwards, but not with the game starting at 5:30. Rest assured I'll be holed up in a pub in central London somewhere, transfixed by the TV.

Can't you get him to change the venue of his stag do?

:winking:

Up until 8.30 this morning I wasn't going as I am on holiday in Majorca. However, the hotel is crap, the food is nasty and we didn't sleep a wink because the bed is rock hard!!! Checked on easyjet website and flight home tomorrow was only 50€. No brainer so guess who's flying home tomorrow:smile: By 9.00 had booked flights and ordered tickets for Sat. Wembley here we come :happy:Oh and it's raining!!

Have booked and paid for flights for all of us to come over for 6 weeks in November/December which has put a serious dent in my bank balance and my annual leave allowance. So no, not this time. Hopefully I'll be seeing lots of League One football later this year instead.

Was over earlier in the season and watched those memorable games against York and Accrington :'( I wish I had booked my trip for this time of year, the only reason I didn't book for this time of year is I thought we we're going to go up automatically.

Also going to Queensland in a few weeks.

I had fully intended to go but badly sprained my ankle on Sunday and with my mobility still not good, it's not worth me buying tickets. I'll either listen on the radio or try to find a friendly pub in Andover that will put it on for me.

Tony I'd happily wire over a tenner if it's going to help you get over. I'm sure others would be up for doing the same.

Many thanks Jon but a direct debit would be better for me,you and gregstaz have both won yourselves a free holiday to central France for your generosity as long as its out of season gite wise.
Long boring story short its my own fault as i said,been off work for nine months and only went back last monday and in that time we opened a restaurant ant my wife bless her has been juggling the money paying peter to rob paul and alas she left it a day late paying money in to cover a cheque and the poop hit the fan so all opur accounts bar one has been wiped out and for the next couple of weeks we are picking up the pieces,but then its only football eh and no one has died.
But cheers muchly again.

My Daughter is in her first ever dance show (she is 4) for 18 months I have singlly taken her every week to dancing/got all costumes/ time of work for rehersals etc. The show starts at 7.30 at the Eastgate in Basildon

So guess where I will be??

to bloody right Ill be at Wembley no excuses Sea sea seasiders........ Nanny and Grandad will have to tell me how it was

And Oscar is going with you i hope

I'm stuck in Hamburg in tech week for show I'm doing. So gutted. Just hope theatre has wifi.. Gonna wear my SUFC shirt all day.. Maybe I can re watch it in the evening some how... If we win that is. UTB

My wife is away on a hen do, Mother and Father in law away in Germany, sister in law and husband away for wedding anniversary, Brother, Mum and Dad all going to the game. So I'm staying at home with Jacob (2 1/4) and recording it to watch once he's asleep (which he won't be for long if we win!). No way he'd stay settled to watch the whole game. Plus, he's already been to Wembley to see Southend. I'd be too jealous of him if his first TWO games were at Wembley after what I was put through in 1983/4 season...

Many thanks Jon but a direct debit would be better for me,you and gregstaz have both won yourselves a free holiday to central France for your generosity as long as its out of season gite wise.
Long boring story short its my own fault as i said,been off work for nine months and only went back last monday and in that time we opened a restaurant ant my wife bless her has been juggling the money paying peter to rob paul and alas she left it a day late paying money in to cover a cheque and the poop hit the fan so all opur accounts bar one has been wiped out and for the next couple of weeks we are picking up the pieces,but then its only football eh and no one has died.
But cheers muchly again.

No problem. Hope things pick up!

Hubby only just out of hospital and far too poorly to travel to Wembley :sad: however, like all true supporters, we are, even if we have to carry him, going to watch at a watering hole not too far away, shouting our heads off and praying hubby doesnt have a relapse during the match, in which case, we may have to call an ambulance :whistling: wish we could be there

I will not be attending. Cricket season.

My own sport takes priority over the teams that I follow.

But cheers muchly again.

Sorry to hear your problems. Banks can be a real s**t in France, totally unforgiving and without much heart. I remember, back in the nineties, being sent a number of threatening letters (which you were obliged to pay ridiculous charges on and made the financial situation even worse) and one phone call menacing 'interdit bancaire' if I didn't get cash in that morning. Good luck, hope things sort themselves out.

Up until 8.30 this morning I wasn't going as I am on holiday in Majorca. However, the hotel is crap, the food is nasty and we didn't sleep a wink because the bed is rock hard!!! Checked on easyjet website and flight home tomorrow was only 50€. No brainer so guess who's flying home tomorrow:smile: By 9.00 had booked flights and ordered tickets for Sat. Wembley here we come :happy:Oh and it's raining!!
Well done Sam x

Back