• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Can you do a personal test for prostrate like you can for testicular?

Not really it's about screenings with PSA blood screening or DRE which basically a physical finger exploration of the rectum. If there are doubts about the PSA results you are likely to have a biopsy to determine if there are cancerous cells. My uncle recently had all these tests and has been diagnosed that he has prostate cancer. Fortunately for him it's a non aggressive form and he will just need to have 6 monthly tests. Luckily the profile for prostate cancer is being raised and I hope this will continue to be the case. If you have any doubts get yourself checked out.

Well said. Male cancers seem to get less publicity than breast cancer (I'm not knocking that, BTW) even if testicular cancer has started to get a lot more in recent years. Having lost an old footballing & cricketing mate to prostate cancer a couple of years ago, I am now a lot more aware of my ignorance on this cancer.

The person I knew with prostate cancer had only found he had it when it was too late & just wasted away from a fit, strong stocky bloke in his early 60's to a frail weak old man in the space of a few months.

Not only that, a work colleague was diagnosed with it, but in order to get prompt treatment for it, he had to rely on some German friends to pull some strings to have it done over there!

:soapbox:

Therein is the problem getting a proper diagnosis early enough, as I've said in this thread if you have any doubt get yourself tested. In the experience of my Uncle who has recently been diagnosed with prostate cancer the assistance, advice and treatment at Southend Hospital has been excellent, and luckily for him his cancer is non aggressive.

Therein is the problem getting a proper diagnosis early enough, as I've said in this thread if you have any doubt get yourself tested. In the experience of my Uncle who has recently been diagnosed with prostate cancer the assistance, advice and treatment at Southend Hospital has been excellent, and luckily for him his cancer is non aggressive.

The person I knew who died from it, knew straight away that because he already had it, his days were numbered. Their is something like a 3% (not sure, but its a tiny %) survival rate, once it has got established! It doesn't waste time in killing you. JD, had less than a year before he died after he was diagnosed.

I'm not a fan of her, and what makes it less acceptable, is the fact she had used a publicist in the form of Max Clifford, someone not known for turning down an opportunity regardless of circumstance.

The 'wedding' will be some freak show and plastered over the media.

Theres a sneaking suspician that a 'miracle' cure will be found in the next few weeks.
She's a horrible person, her 'husband' is a thug, they are well suited.

I'm sad that other 'normal' people wont get the benifit and money that these two parasites receive, but I'm glad that the awareness of the disease had been raised in profile and maybe save some lives.

In short, the likes of Goody and Jordan should not be allowed to influence our brain dead masses, but ironically, through her death it helps, so be it.

Oh dear,,the new 'jesus/martyr' dieing....

I'm not a fan of her, and what makes it less acceptable, is the fact she had used a publicist in the form of Max Clifford, someone not known for turning down an opportunity regardless of circumstance.

The 'wedding' will be some freak show and plastered over the media.

Theres a sneaking suspician that a 'miracle' cure will be found in the next few weeks.
She's a horrible person, her 'husband' is a thug, they are well suited.

I'm sad that other 'normal' people wont get the benifit and money that these two parasites receive, but I'm glad that the awareness of the disease had been raised in profile and maybe save some lives.

In short, the likes of Goody and Jordan should not be allowed to influence our brain dead masses, but ironically, through her death it helps, so be it.

Oh dear,,the new 'jesus/martyr' dieing....

I have to say that I agree 100% on all points here. I saw in one of the papers this morning Jade Goody being described as a role model? If this thick cow really is a role model then god help up all.

Am I the only one looking at the pictures in the media over the last few day that thought at first it was Verne Troyer (Mini Me) being pushed along in that wheelchair?

I have a friend who's mother died recently of cancer. It ain't pretty, watching them die. I've hated Jade Good in the past but right now I say she's doing the right thing. She's exploiting her fame to get money for her family, which, in my book is one of the more noble things one can do in her situation. I'd rather get as much money as I can for those I leave/left behind than lie there and leave them with diddly squat.

I feel sad for Jade, her mum and her kids.
However, the media circus is ridiculous. Do we really need to know shes had her teeth polished today or that Paul O'grady and Robbie Williams have sent her roses?
Earning enough money for the kids is admirable but surely these last days, weeks, months should be spent privately with her sons.
From what Ive read Jack will inherit everything for 7 years so they avoid the inheritance tax. Will there be anything left for those boys I wonder.

I feel sad for Jade, her mum and her kids.
However, the media circus is ridiculous. Do we really need to know shes had her teeth polished today or that Paul O'grady and Robbie Williams have sent her roses?
Earning enough money for the kids is admirable but surely these last days, weeks, months should be spent privately with her sons.
From what Ive read Jack will inherit everything for 7 years so they avoid the inheritance tax. Will there be anything left for those boys I wonder.

Funny how they have never married before but given the chance of cash and more publicity, they then decide to tie the knot?

Tweed is a thug and they are not is kids so he is unlikely to bring them up. They are Jeff Brazier's (former Canvey Island defender) kids so hopefully she will have made provision for them to inherit the money rather than that scumbag Tweed, especially as after today he will be her next of kin.

Very sad to see Lord Football use the phrase "cancer ridden slag" about anyone.

Disapointing language, I would not have expected from anyone let alone a trade unionist.

Last edited:
Mourning a racist, brainless, bimbo who has given the false aspirations to many teenage girls that you dont need education to succeed, but just take your clothes off or appear in reality tv and you will become an instant millionaire. Of course it is sad that a mother is dying of cancer but the media and public outpouring of sympathy for someone whose claim to fame is being a bit thick is another indictment of our celebrity-obsessed culture.

How many people on here, though, know Jade Goody as a person?

We know she's dim and ignorant. How? Because she thought East Anglia was a country and argued with anyone that she felt intellectually challenged by - something that was shown via the media.

We know she bullies. How? She was shown to be bullying others on both Big Brothers that she appeared in - something that was shown via the media.

We know virtually everything about her life. How? Incessant media coverage.

Now then, how people on here know Jade Goody as a person - only this time away from the media?

I have left such a space intentionally. In truth nobody outside her close friends and family know her. Of course, she's made a pretty penny from selling her entire life to the media. There is absolutely no excuse, however, for the media to exploit both her and millions of other stupid, celebrity-obsessed people in this country, stuff the money they've made out of her demise down their pockets, then pontificate on the morals of it all.

I found Jade's media portrayal of her to be irritating. I find the media's behaviour in this to be disgustingly exploitative. I hope Miss Goody (and the soon to be Mrs. Tweed) finds some miracle cure. I wouldn't wish what she has on my worst enemy. I do, however, wish a plague of locusts and permanent incontinence on the parasitic scum that produce publications like Heat Magazine, fill up newspapers with mindless gossip, and promote ignorance and bullying as values to aspire to in their tv programmes.

How many people on here, though, know Jade Goody as a person?

I sat next to her in Blacks on The Strand last year. We were both trying on walking boots. She was fairly normal and we exchanged basic pleasantries.

I caught a flight home from Dublin this year, and she was on my flight. She was with a friend. They were both awfully behaved and putting on a show for the public. It wasnt pleasant. She then sat two or three seats ahead of me on the plane.

Thats as close as I have come to Jade Goody in life. I dont like her but cant help feel terrible sympathy for a 28 year old girl to know she is dying. It must be the most frightening thing.

Firstly, and most importantly, I'll state that cancer is a terrible and indescriminate disease. It strikes the young and it strikes the old. I would not wish cancer on my worst enemy.

But I am getting increasingly concerned at the media circus that is Jade Goody.

Let us look a back at some history. Goody was a participant of Big Brother 3, a reality game show that she did not win. Aside from getting luck at the audition, she has no claim to fame and no talent. Indeed, she was regarded as the house dimwit. Since leaving the house the press have followed her, almost remorsesly. She has sold every facet of her life, courting controversy with racist comments during a Celeb BB and her on off relationships.

The public have, for whatever reason lapped this up. How a most ordinary and unexciting person can gain so much attention is somewhat worrying. And then we had the cancer scare. Many thought this was just another media grabbing scam originally, it is now clear that Jade, 27 and a mother of two will die in the next few months.

Even now, she continues to sell what little she has left. We are now bombarded with stories of her cancer, her suffering and her wedding. In fact this wedding looks to be bigger than the Charles n Di show of 1981. You really would think this is royalty, not some two bit cancer ridden slag. I believe she even got a mention in The House by the PM.

Now actually, I don't begrudge the wretched creature (Goody, not Brown) making money for her kids. I do however begrudge that this worthless individual is grabbing headline news, and we, the Great British Public, are lapping it up like depserate puppy dogs.

Is this what our society has become?

Is this what you are really trying to say?
Jade Goody,

Today is supposed to be the happiest day of your life, I suppose in your brief, self-serving existence it's probably the pinnacle of achievement that you've done so well. We'll mourn your death by cancer, but apart from Max Clifford & Tweedle Dee I doubt many will mourn your passing, together you've succesfully done sweet f**k-all to raise the level of human morality.

Please hurry up and die. The rest of humanity will continue to deal with death in a measured and considerate manner without you or the undignified presence of your publicity machine

What's that you say Max - how much money from your part in this circus has been pledged to cancer charities? F**k all - that's OK then.

Very sad to see Lord Football use the phrase "cancer ridden slag" about anyone.

Disapointing language, I would not have expected from anyone let alone a trade unionist.

Then you are an idiot and clearly having a pop.

If I were you I'd be more concerned about the shuttlecock "joke" than my choice of words to compare Goody to the Royal Family. Yet curiously you are not.

Hidden agenda, possibly?

Is this what you are really trying to say?
Jade Goody,

Today is supposed to be the happiest day of your life, I suppose in your brief, self-serving existence it's probably the pinnacle of achievement that you've done so well. We'll mourn your death by cancer, but apart from Max Clifford & Tweedle Dee I doubt many will mourn your passing, together you've succesfully done sweet f**k-all to raise the level of human morality.

Please hurry up and die. The rest of humanity will continue to deal with death in a measured and considerate manner without you or the undignified presence of your publicity machine

What's that you say Max - how much money from your part in this circus has been pledged to cancer charities? F**k all - that's OK then.

She is dying of cancer...I hope people don't think that of you or one of your family/friends if cancer ever strikes!!

If you want someone to hurry up and die, you are a sick individual!

Then you are an idiot and clearly having a pop.

If I were you I'd be more concerned about the shuttlecock "joke" than my choice of words to compare Goody to the Royal Family. Yet curiously you are not.

Hidden agenda, possibly?

Somehow, I expected more from you having heard you speak about gender equality and the use of inappropriate language.

I didn't get the shuttlecock joke, am I just being thick?

I cannot believe some of the things written in this thread.

Yes she has made some very public mistakes in her life, mainly the Shilpa Shetty bullying row. But how many of you have family and/or friends who have made racist jokes, beat people up, bullied someone and made many other mistakes of the same nature? Lots I expect. So does this mean that if they develop cancer and lose their life at such a young age, it is deserved? Hell no does it.

Everyone in life makes mistakes - but to judge her for wanting to make money for her children is not fair. Yes perhaps it is a media circus and in some people's eyes she is going too far but if I were her I would be doing the EXACT same thing. I can't see much wrong coming from any of this. She has raised public awareness of cervical cancer tenfold. Screening for cervical cancer has gone up 20% lately and it looks as though the screening age is going to be reduced to 20 years old which IMO is fantastic news. There is no harm in this story being publicised even if it only saves one life and who knows it may be the life of someone in any of your families.

People call her dumb but she has earnt a massive fortune, and someone dumb does not manage that. The dumb people are the ones that win the lottery and then blow it all like that yob Carrol or whatever his name was. She has managed to put away enough money to keep her children in private education until they are 18, that's smart in my eyes. She has built up her fortune for doing next to nothing and good on her for making the most of every oppurtunity, but who the hell wouldn't do the same in her situation?

I hope she has the wedding of her dreams and dies peacefully and that her sons are looked after financially for the rest of their lives. Jeff Brazier seems a half decent bloke so hopefully he will take care of his kids.

Back