• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Somehow, I expected more from you having heard you speak about gender equality and the use of inappropriate language.

I didn't get the shuttlecock joke, am I just being thick?

Yes you are. Maybe this will help.

shuttlecock.jpg

Right, yeah I get it now.

Cheers

My favourite Jade moment was when she was visiting Belfast and asked whether a paramilitary mural painted on the side of someone's house would affect the market value when they came to sell it.

The Majority of people i speak too, want her to pop her clogs asap, and i tend to agree, as the media circus is becoming a joke. She has been a cancer on society since she entered this stupid Big Brother house. Unfortunately, this is the society we live in.. Blah ****ing blah. Yes she has to make sure her kids are well looked after, and good on her, but.. and this is a Big but, nearly as big as hers... She is an awful awful woman, who has had the easy ride in life in the last few years, and who has become the most annoying, most stupid bint i've ever seen. And for what? Giving some bloke a blowjob on live tv, and making money on her pretty evident Mongness of a brain.

The Majority of people i speak too, want her to pop her clogs asap, and i tend to agree, as the media circus is becoming a joke. She has been a cancer on society since she entered this stupid Big Brother house. Unfortunately, this is the society we live in.. Blah ****ing blah. Yes she has to make sure her kids are well looked after, and good on her, but.. and this is a Big but, nearly as big as hers... She is an awful awful woman, who has had the easy ride in life in the last few years, and who has become the most annoying, most stupid bint i've ever seen. And for what? Giving some bloke a blowjob on live tv, and making money on her pretty evident Mongness of a brain.

This is starting to become a worrying pattern here J but once again agreed on all counts. Stupid awful woman has indeed been a cancer on our society and very well put in plain terms.

Just because she has kids people bang on about how tragic it is that Goody is going to peg it. Lots of people get this awful illness and cannot afford the medical treatment she could and still die. These people having grafted all their lives doing more meaningful things than she could ever dream of (or spell) having only dreamed of earning the money she has in her lifetime.

She is a talentless, usless, stupid bimbo whose only claim to fame was that she twice appeared in Big Brother. Crocodile tears will be spilled no doubt by some people but certainly not by me.

People like Goody have turned our society into the abyss it is today I feel.

Goodbye Chav Princess, I won't miss you at all.

She has become a media whore, or at worst, a cancerous media whore.

People like Goody have turned our society into the abyss it is today I feel.

Goodbye Chav Princess, I won't miss you at all.

Sorry but that is nonsense, it isn't the fault of Jade Goody or any other talentless aspirant who may appear on Big Brother or any other similar moron fodder show. It is the fault of our vacuous media who promote such people as stars and celebrities. The lead item on the BBC News this morning was her wedding. FFS we are in the middle of the worst recession the world has seen since the 30's and the lead item is this.

I have no issue with Ms Goody providing for her children after her untimely demise, and if her death has promoted screening for cervical cancer and saved other young girls a similar early death then so much the better.

Sorry but that is nonsense, it isn't the fault of Jade Goody or any other talentless aspirant who may appear on Big Brother or any other similar moron fodder show. It is the fault of our vacuous media who promote such people as stars and celebrities. The lead item on the BBC News this morning was her wedding. FFS we are in the middle of the worst recession the world has seen since the 30's and the lead item is this.

I have no issue with Ms Goody providing for her children after her untimely demise, and if her death has promoted screening for cervical cancer and saved other young girls a similar early death then so much the better.

To see her described as a role model in one of the papers yesterday made me realise just how far society has fallen if indeed this is the sort of person that people now look up to.

God help us all when she kicks the bucket. There will probably be calls for a state funeral with the roads being lined with thousands of people to throw flowers as the car passes by. Elton John to sing at Westminster Abbey too most likely.

The whole media circus and orcestrated mourning for this nonentity quite frankly makes me want to puke.

100% agree with you there.

She is after all a human being suffering from a terminal disease that has come on very quickly indeed, cutting a life short. She is leaving two small children behind who will have to grow up and live their lives without a mother.

They and her deserve our sympathy.

I too abhore our media and celebrity obsessed, chart music listening, Friends watching, Sun reading, don't give a toss vacuous society that some hold her up as an epitome, but I cannot agree with negative comments towards someone when they are going through this.

To dismiss her has scum I find apalling, she has made the best use of her gifts to provide for her family after she has gone. Remember she has made no secret that she is doing this in the public eye to leave something for her children, you can not ask more of a mother.

Mathew Norman, who is a well known cynical commentator, wrote an article in the Independent last week which I found a very good read.

A quote from the last paragraph sums it up for me:

"In her final days, she has gone a long way to exploding the repellent stereotype of the feckless, feral, self-absorbed, instant gratification-obsessed underclass with which she was once made synonymous. She defeated incalculable odds to escape the shackles of her upbringing, by lavishing on her boys the maternal love she survived being denied herself. If that isn’t a glorious expression of the human spirit and a true definition of courage, I can’t begin to imagine what is"

Last edited:
100% agree with you there.

She is after all a human being suffering from a terminal disease that has come on very quickly indeed, cutting a life short. She is leaving two small children behind who will have to grow up and live their lives wothout a mother.

They and her deserve our sympathy.

I too abhore our media and celebrity obsessed, chart music listening, Friends watching, Sun reading, don't give a toss vacuous society that some hold her up as an epitome, but I cannot agree with negative comments towards someone when they are going through this.

To dismiss her has scum I find apalling, she has made the best use of her gifts to provide for her family after she has gone. remember she has made no secret that she is doing this in the public eye to leave something for her children, you can not ask more of a mother.

Mathew Norman, who is a well known cynical commentator, wrote an article in the Independent last week which I found a very good read.

A quote from the last paragraph sums it up for me:

"In her final days, she has gone a long way to exploding the repellent stereotype of the feckless, feral, self-absorbed, instant gratification-obsessed underclass with which she was once made synonymous. She defeated incalculable odds to escape the shackles of her upbringing, by lavishing on her boys the maternal love she survived being denied herself. If that isn’t a glorious expression of the human spirit and a true definition of courage, I can’t begin to imagine what is"

Everyone should read this post. You sir should be applauded.

I cannot believe some of the things written in this thread.

Yes she has made some very public mistakes in her life, mainly the Shilpa Shetty bullying row. But how many of you have family and/or friends who have made racist jokes, beat people up, bullied someone and made many other mistakes of the same nature? Lots I expect. So does this mean that if they develop cancer and lose their life at such a young age, it is deserved? Hell no does it.

Everyone in life makes mistakes - but to judge her for wanting to make money for her children is not fair. Yes perhaps it is a media circus and in some people's eyes she is going too far but if I were her I would be doing the EXACT same thing. I can't see much wrong coming from any of this. She has raised public awareness of cervical cancer tenfold. Screening for cervical cancer has gone up 20% lately and it looks as though the screening age is going to be reduced to 20 years old which IMO is fantastic news. There is no harm in this story being publicised even if it only saves one life and who knows it may be the life of someone in any of your families.

People call her dumb but she has earnt a massive fortune, and someone dumb does not manage that. The dumb people are the ones that win the lottery and then blow it all like that yob Carrol or whatever his name was. She has managed to put away enough money to keep her children in private education until they are 18, that's smart in my eyes. She has built up her fortune for doing next to nothing and good on her for making the most of every oppurtunity, but who the hell wouldn't do the same in her situation?

I hope she has the wedding of her dreams and dies peacefully and that her sons are looked after financially for the rest of their lives. Jeff Brazier seems a half decent bloke so hopefully he will take care of his kids.

Yes they do, and she's proof. All they need is a good publicist, and Max Clifford is the best in the business. And before you try to argue that she was smart because she appointed him, answer this: How many other publicists do you know? The fact of the matter is she used the only person that everyone knows, and he has been very smart and successful on her behalf.

In my opinion, she is an odious character who has been shown to be racist and just plain thick, and I wouldn't give her the time of day. However, I feel sorry for her and what she and her family are going through. I would never want to go through it. I couldn't imagine going home today to my wife and 6 month old son (6 months yesterday) to tell them that sometime in the next three months I will die. I just can't comprehend such a thing. I couldn't begin to tell you how awful I would feel at not seeing him grow up, and not spending any more time with him. Time with my family is precious enough now, but to know that it will all be over in a few months would probably kill me off sooner.

To answer other people, I also don't blame her for using all that she can (i.e. her "celebrity") to secure her kids' futures. If you want to blame anyone for that, then blame the brain dead population of this country for making her into, and sustaining her celebrity status.

Last edited:
Surely the real morons are those who by the papers, and demand the stories and pictures, of Jade Goody?

Exactly, "we" buy the magazines/papers and watch the TV shows.

If she didnt make these companies money they wouldnt keep using her.

Very sad state of affairs but people like to see the freaks at the circus and thats all Jade Goody and the other reality stars are, the modern day Elephant Man.

Bet John Hurt wont be rushing to make a film about her though....

As for her current plight its not nice for anyone to go through especially at that age but that doesnt change the fact she is a horrible person but if her kids do ok out of it (and not her husband) then I dont begrudge her one last money grab.

I posted this in a similiar thread before the weekend and it still rings true to me know:

I find it amazing the amount of people, not just on here but in general that slagged her off to the hills after Big Brother and then celebrity Big Brother that are now thinking shes a brave lady.

At the end of the day, there are countless people who are going through the same thing as her but aren't making a big deal out of it with the papers and media etc, yet she is making a fortune out of it.

Obviously its not a nice thing, and nobody likes to see people suffering with cancer but its the peoples reaction I'm staggered at. She was one of the most hated people in the World after CBB and featured on a lot of "celebrities I would love to hit" threads on here...

I am amazed at some of the people on this board. Ok Jade might not be as clever or as classy as some of you, but guess what that is the world. If everyone was on the same level you wouldn't be intelligent you would be normal.

So many people on this board look down on people who they count themselves as better then just because they might act a bit differently how you would act.

Yes Jade as her faults but I think it Hitler was still alive and had cancer he would probably get less abuse then Jade.
It is the same as on the degree thread, it seems everyone who went to a poly seems to be a second class citizen to those who went to a 'proper uni'

But then on the other hand those people who went to Uni are just second class citizens full stop as they just sit around doing nothing all day.

People need to get off their high horse and stop looking down their nose at people who are less fortunate then them or who are different to them. I believe before big brother Jade had a job (as a dental nurse if memory serves me correctly) She wasn't sitting at home sponging off the stateand fair play to her now if I could make millions of pounds for my family and children then I would do it, whatever it took.

When I worked at Southend Hospital, there was a patient on the ward dying of a lung disease and on his death bed he got married. The marriage was on the ward, in one of the main bays (not a side room as there was not any spare) and it was a small family wedding. The next day he died. This to me is death and dignity.
With Jade Goody it is not dignity its dying in the spotlight and to a lot of us its not right. All this is for her kids, I dare say the fee she gets for every public performance and her panto fees adds to quite a lot.
Where is the Jade Goody cancer charity trust? Is there one? I dare say that would have raised a lot of money towards cancer research.

Back