• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Andy_S

Member of the Barry Corr Fan Club
We've got Andy Woomer in charge tonight. As it's a name I can't remember off hand I decided to look up his reports on Rate The Ref:

From Bury 1-1 Chester on the 21st August:

"That ref was as bad as they come. I'm sure he didn't mean to be but he was totally biased towards Chester - maybe it was because he was so inexperienced and the Chester bully boys worked on it. Maybe their large vocal support swayed him. But biased he was. Probably as bad a performance as I have seen from a referee and that is saying something.
He put the top hat on his performance when he failed to send off their centre forward after he had flattened our keeper in the latest challenge ever seen. Oh dear............"

"Books one player for a fifty fifty challenge. ONLY books another player for an extremely high, dangerous lunge on the goalkeeper.

Did not apply the booking for over celebrating rule (which in an ideal world would not exist ) BUT last week Bury were penalised for this "offence". Where is the consistency ?"

"All we ask for in a referee is 1) consistency and 2) that we don't notice him and his decisions. I'm afraid that today, Mr. Woolmer was wholly inconsistent in his application of the rules and unfortunately we noticed him far far too much. I'm wondering also whether there is a minimum height rule for referees, this particular chap seemed to have a big attitude problem with some of taller players, except of course Chester's centre-forward who must have smiled very nicely at him...just after he'd clattered Garner the Bury goalkeeper."

From Grimsby 0-1 Rochdale on the 4th September:

"His fitness was good but that's as good as it gets.
Why do the referee's want to be the star of the show with theatrical mannerism's? We had not paid good money to watch him!

Decision making poo and far too petty and inconsistent.

Show off, who had little control and inconsistenly applied the laws"

Should be fun then!
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ Oct. 08 2004,12:29)]I'm wondering also whether there is a minimum height rule for referees,
So he's a midget then.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ Oct. 08 2004,13:29)]We've got Andy Woomer in charge tonight. As it's a name I can't remember off hand I decided to look up his reports on Rate The Ref:

From Bury 1-1 Chester on the 21st August:

"That ref was as bad as they come. I'm sure he didn't mean to be but he was totally biased towards Chester - maybe it was because he was so inexperienced and the Chester bully boys worked on it. Maybe their large vocal support swayed him. But biased he was. Probably as bad a performance as I have seen from a referee and that is saying something.
He put the top hat on his performance when he failed to send off their centre forward after he had flattened our keeper in the latest challenge ever seen. Oh dear............"

"Books one player for a fifty fifty challenge. ONLY books another player for an extremely high, dangerous lunge on the goalkeeper.

Did not apply the booking for over celebrating rule (which in an ideal world would not exist ) BUT last week Bury were penalised for this "offence". Where is the consistency ?"

"All we ask for in a referee is 1) consistency and 2) that we don't notice him and his decisions. I'm afraid that today, Mr. Woolmer was wholly inconsistent in his application of the rules and unfortunately we noticed him far far too much. I'm wondering also whether there is a minimum height rule for referees, this particular chap seemed to have a big attitude problem with some of taller players, except of course Chester's centre-forward who must have smiled very nicely at him...just after he'd clattered Garner the Bury goalkeeper."

From Grimsby 0-1 Rochdale on the 4th September:

"His fitness was good but that's as good as it gets.
Why do the referee's want to be the star of the show with theatrical mannerism's? We had not paid good money to watch him!

Decision making poo and far too petty and inconsistent.

Show off, who had little control and inconsistenly applied the laws"

Should be fun then!  
rock.gif
To be fair, those reports conflict each other. One says he didn't do enough and the other too petty.

Referring is like being a football manager in some ways, people will always criticise your decisions.

Sorry, but refs do get far too much stick in my eyes. If anyone thinks its that easy they should qualify and then just try referring an under 16 old game and see how they find it.

Einstein

P.S. This is not sticking up for every ref we have, but in 90 minutes of intense fast action play, they will ALWAYS make some mistakes.

This is one ref to watch. He is very card happy.
Scroll down on this link  here and there's a brief write up about him.

PS Look out for a Mr Ray Lee from Essex running the line.

Do you reckon the players read about the ref b4 games?

Presuming they can read?!

Perhaps Daryl would'nt have been so keen to be a ****!?!?!?

THE WORSE I HAVE EVER SEEN - POMPOUS, DANGEROUS,WRONG MOST OF THE TIME (BOTH WAYS) BUT MAINLY WANTING TO BE THE STAR OF THE EVENING
( YOU CAN TELL BY THE WAY THEY RUN WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO GET.)
SHOULD NEVER BE ALLOWED ON A PITCH AGAIN - JUST STAY IN FRONT OF THE MIRROR.

The Lino on the West Stand side was his clone too. Short, bald, and useless.

He was right to send off Flavs, but much earlier he should have stamped some authority on the Boston players some of whom just seemed either too dirty or just plain crap and hence always likely to miss-time tackles.

in my first return to the Mecca of football im 3 years it was an absolute disgrace to see this f**king w***er in control of peoples lives.I have never seen such an abomination of refereeing in all my life.Still don't give a f**k bramble englands number 1

He made some unpopular decisions tonight but I've seen far worse; the one who did the last game of last season at home to Torquay for a start. he could have actually caused a riot he was so bad - it's a good job we didn't need a result from that match.

How terrible it was that he let an awful foul on Tes go completely unpunished in the first half. The fact that the ref had the foresight to play advantage, which ultimately led to Gower's goal, should be completely forgotten. Terrible.

wink.gif

What about the blatant penalty we had in the first half ? Pettefer clearly barged in the back in the box as he was shoved in the back as he was poised to head in number 3.
The numerous occassions either Gray or Bramble were man-handled by the Boston 'strangelrs' iright n front of the ref and then giving Boston a free kick when their forward just ran into Adam "the wall" Barrett ?
And another incredulous decision was when he pulled up play for handball when the ball was fired at Gray from point-blank range and he was through on goal in the second-half.
From my view over in the West how a red card was not shown to the Boston player who looked like he dived in two footed on Maher in the first half in front of the away dugout just amazed me and I agree with whoever thought that Jason Lee was lucky to stay on the pitch.

I pay my money to watch football not a jumped up little t*sser ref who wants to be the main attraction on the pitch

I think your all going a little too far here.

I think the ref made good decisions in a game that was fast track and messy.

All three officials worked well together and kept the game running when it could have been a lot worse.

I also hope the f**king w***er's car broke down on the way home!

to**er!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Its grim up north! @ Oct. 09 2004,12:11)]I think your all going a little too far here.

I think the ref made good decisions in a game that was fast track and messy.

All three officials worked well together and kept the game running when it could have been a lot worse.

I also hope the f**king w***er's car broke down on the way home!

to**er!
I would prefer to say...

I hope his testicles turn square and fester at the corners...
tounge.gif

Back