• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The World Cup betting thread!

Went long on German goal minutes at 135. Lost 15 quid but the Germans were so close about 3 times in the 80-90th minutes I nearly got a decent return.

Belgium- Russia - total goal yards 35. Max loss in a 0-0 will be 35 quid so gone long hoping for a long range goal fest.

have bet on 1st & 2nd in five groups, as below. £1.00 return £3,000.00+ :thumbsup:.

1st chile 2nd spain
1st colombia 2nd japan
1st germany 2nd usa
1st england 2nd italy
1st belguim 2nd russia

i also have Argentina v Colombia @ 66/1 for the final. although i have thrown the slip (it was with the above bet) in a bin. no idea where. should it be the final anyone have a suggestion how to claim it?

have bet on 1st & 2nd in five groups, as below. £1.00 return £3,000.00+ :thumbsup:.

1st chile 2nd spain
1st colombia 2nd japan
1st germany 2nd usa
1st england 2nd italy
1st belguim 2nd russia

i also have Argentina v Colombia @ 66/1 for the final. although i have thrown the slip (it was with the above bet) in a bin. no idea where. should it be the final anyone have a suggestion how to claim it?

gets a bit nervous... :'(

A few more spread bets done on the phone in the pub last night. Not best conditions for making sensible judgements:

Total missed pens including shoot outs. Buy @ 12.75
Total Extra time goals. Buy @ 3.90
Total times ball hits the bar. Buy @ 26.5
Total Goalless halves. Sell @ 39.5
Total Own Goals. Buy @ 4.1

How is that buy of crossbars hits going steveo? Feels like there have been loads so far.

Had what felt like my first win of the World Cup last night, at half time with Russia leading and Belgium down to ten got 18.5 for a double on Belgium win, Algeria/Russia draw. Was a bit nervy at the end. Still about 40 down for the tournament though.

Had what felt like my first win of the World Cup last night, at half time with Russia leading and Belgium down to ten got 18.5 for a double on Belgium win, Algeria/Russia draw. Was a bit nervy at the end. Still about 40 down for the tournament though.

:winking::winking::thumbsup:

I had a double on the draw, so I was cursing that Belgium goal as much as you were cheering it! Two singles as well though, so just in front on the two games.

Just totting up all my bets having got back from holiday. Some very good days, some bad, probably coming up around level. I had forgotten about a treble I placed on the day of the England v Uruguay game - not only did that sod Suárez all but knock us out, he also cost me a 25/1 winner!

How is that buy of crossbars hits going steveo? Feels like there have been loads so far.

@ £2 per hit its 9.00 quid up. Might as well stay on.

Goalless halves is winning but I expect the games will get a bit tighter so might get out of that

I've done a few total yardage bets hoping for freak goal fests but they just aint happening.

Didn't take SI long to come up with a Magic Spray market. 3.8 in the Uruguay game.

Sold Corner from each corner at 70. 3 down, 1 to go at the half.

Edit: Bugger

Last edited:
Colombia/Netherlands double at 3/1.

Backed Brazil in 90 mins today, but got some back by betting them to win the shoot-out. 59% of shoot-outs are won by the side kicking first so I'll be backing whoever goes first for the rest of the tournament

Also, just found another bet I'd almost forgotten, one of those Yes/No bets, which returns 33/1 if you get them all right. That's looking ok so far:

Will a South American team win the World Cup? - YES
Will both Spain and Netherlands qualify? - NO
Will Colombia win Group C - YES
Will France win Group E - YES
Will there be three or more shoot-outs? - YES
Will there be a red card, penalty scored, headed goal or hat-trick scored in the final? - NO

So three in already, two looking good and the other a complete guess!

Colombia to reach the final? :hilarious:

When we qualify I will be happy to face them

:whistling:

Still got a couple of bets left. Colombia to reach the final at 11/1 being one of them. I've backed Argentina to win it, but that's with Higuain top scorer. Go'arn Gonzalo, bag a couple of hat-tricks and that'd be handy.

No goalscorer in this Costa Rica v Greece game. More for the hell of it than any deep conviction.

I would give that one a miss mate.

My corner bet would have won 28 quid for a pound in that game. also would have won 50 quid for a pound per second on time of the first throw.

They always come in when I don't do them

found my bet slip last night. argentina are going to have to play alot better to get past belguim.
anyone else have a bet on the two finalists?

Back