• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
Well i dont really know where to start.

Yesterday was the worst day i have had since i got battered by thugs by liverpool street in 1998 and had a face like sloth (not much has changed ) and my arm was broken and resembled a piece of string.

I was left wondering what was more painful.

Firstly i get to the ground for happy hour and surprise surprise there is still no f*cking draught beer in the west despite the offical webshite stating the draught and bottles will be available in the east and west. They have even taken the pumps away and unlike the east where you can drink in peace before and after half time in the west where you are treate like a 3rd class citizen and fans were even being threatened with being thrown out for complaining.

On to the game and i have to say it finally dawned on me that we are stuck at this level to stay . We played a team that had yet to win a game and brought 60 odd people including the fans team and directors. Yet a team that poorly supported has come to roots hall played quite badly and just taken 3 points with ease.

Shortly after morcambe scored and dashed off for a quick pee and surprise surprise we score!

Go for a beer at half time and there was a little bit of argie bargey as the gestarpo decided to start threatening people with eviction for moaning. Didnt even know the game had kicked off and started trotting back to my seat and surprise surprise missed our second goal.

That should have been the catalyst for us to go on and win , but in truth is just got worse and the inevitable 3rd goal shows us for what we are. A poor team in a very poor league.

In left roots hall dispondant and i would like to say thanks for the mrs for letting me drown my sorrows buying me a curry and generally putting up with my semi drunken ramblings.

I was going to post last night but i was to angry and ****ed .

Im still angry and i have cancelled my season card standing order. I was thinking about it before as i am about to start a new job were i have to work 3 weekends in 4 and our displays just made up my mind.

Cant be bothered to do pringello other than barker 7 grant 7 everybody else 3

The only thing that would cheer me up this season is Ron martin leaving the club for a new owner to come in or at the very least Fossetts getting under way.

Very very unhappy that the team i love and support is just folding in on itself.

but what has ron done wrong, theres no one better, you should be happy with watching this as long as you are watching southend your obviously not a real fan if you cancel your season ticket because of work zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

agreed as some of you know I too have a season ticket for me and my son, and again yesyerday we both decided to have a lay down at home together instead of supporting that absolute shambles, to think staying in for a lay down instead of watching the boys how times have changed!!

Couldnt agree more, Tommy and Cockles......I dont think I could be more depressed about the club at the moment.....

It feels like splitting up with your wife\girlfriend....A numb pain....

"I left Roots Hall despondent and i would like to say thanks for the mrs for letting me drown my sorrows buying me a curry and generally putting up with my semi drunken ramblings."

The day wasn't totally bad then!

If that was your worst day in 12 years then you've been very lucky. No deaths or life threatening illnesses? No life changing experiences, no soul searching decisions? Come on, get a grip. We've seen and faced worse and come through, we will again.

Bloody men, always giving up too easily! ;)

Couldnt agree more, Tommy and Cockles......I dont think I could be more depressed about the club at the moment.....

It feels like splitting up with your wife\girlfriend....A numb pain....

So on the money!

Thats exactly the feeling I had yesterday. I wasn't angry just.........numb.

I wonder what it's gonna take for us to say "I'm not having this any more" .... there's only so many times you can get kicked in the knackers without doing something about it, will the final straw be Mr Sturrock stepping down due to ill health (cause I bet that's they will say)?

Hard to argue.

Left home at 11am and got back at nearly 8pm - Only highlights were non football for me eg good banter in the car, nice lunch and good to see my mate Littleman who had my dad's seat. Dark times.

To be fair Morecambe were nowhere near as bad as their position at the bottom of the table would suggest.They'll finish above us at the end of the season-as will quite a few other sides.:'(

Yeah and im sure Man United actually still give a crap that they lost to us in the Carling Cup. Im talking league game

Trust me, we've lost to much less illustrious opposition than Morecambe in both league and cup over the years. Had the Shrimps not capitulated at home against Daggers in the playoffs, they could well be in the division above us.

Can't see the comparison to our defeat of Man United either. The reason most of their fans won't remember that particular result is because most of their fans are plastics with selective memories that only remember their defeat of Bayern in the Nou Camp etc.

The sad reality is that at present we are a mediocre fourth tier side, which mirrors where we have been for a majority of the time I've supported the club. On the plus side we actually still have a club left to support, which is more than I expected a few months ago...

Kingstonian? Aylesbury?

Harlow Town that was mighty depressing especially after we could only scrape a 1-1 draw at the hall followed by an inept display back at their hovel, the year after we played and drew with the European champions Liverpool.
The 1984/85 season was dire in almost every game, especially the 5-2 home defeat against Colchester :-o
The flight back from Scarborough was extremely depressing after a defeat where i dont remember us troubing their goalkeeper and to find Kevin Maher and a few of the team having a right old giggle waiting for that the speedy flight back which actually got us back AFTER all of the coaches :-(
Yesterday wasnt one of the better days but in the great scheme of things it was a typical Southend United performance ....

TBH i think the reason it hurts so much more now is because i genuinely believed that we had turned the corner.

Your right of course there have been darker days suporting southend. I remember getting relegated at york city and there chavy fans banging the windows and laughing at us. I felt like crying that day , but as a southend fan i knew the potential for let down was extremely high.

But these last few years i have been so immensly proud to be a southend fan and just for once we were the envy of other clubs. We were the ones winning titles and awards. We were the team that people needed to be wary off. We had excellent players a great manager a foward thinking chairman and a very BRIGHT future.

The fact that we now have nothing to look foward to other than mediocre football and distant chance of doing anything any time soon including building the new stadium makes me feel completely demoralised.

Yes we have had worse results , but we have never crashed so badly when things looked so bright.

Back