• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

so far 2 shrimpers have come on as pridicted out of 4 that was always going to comment anyone wants to guess who!!!!
A clue these 2 shrimpers are undercover Ron lovers!!!!

what's the definition of an 'undercover Ron lover'???

You can't tell we've lost can you? I mean this board was full of posts the other week when we won 3 and drew 1 in the space of just over a week!!!

We lose a home game - and to be fair, we lost to the better team - and all of a sudden, everyone goes into meltdown again. 7 days prior to this of course, we outplayed the league leaders on their own patch, and had both of our strikers not been out injured, I'm certain we would have buried them, and now be sitting in the play offs quite comfortably. Yes, today was a bad day at the office, but the blame is probably down to PS getting the tactics wrong - He opted for 5-3-2 which didn't work, but I can also see the reasons why he did that - Crewe have been scoring goals for fun, and are the best footballing side in this division - if we tried to match up to them just by playing football, we'd have no doubt got beaten - He tried something different, it didn't work, let's move on.

Talk of us being bad enough to go down is just bizarre - If, in your hour of desperation, you need some comfort, it is that we have beaten teams worse than us in this league this season, and comfortably. It is going to take time, we have 20+ new players, and yesterday, we had 45 of our first team missing - That is a lot for any team to deal with, let alone one where fringe players haven't had the time to gel yet like the others have.

Yesterdays defeat was not down to anything happening off the pitch - we got beaten, simple as. Why do people analyse every defeat on here to the enth degree? As I said in a previous thread, if the Board, RM and co are responsible for our loss yesterday, then they are also responsible for everytime we win I presume - I didn't see much praise being handed out the other week when we were playing exceptionally well?

Tilly isn't in charge any more - But, we cannot have an inquest every time we lose like this, and start trying to find reasons why we lost, it's just isn;t healthy.

Well said - green if I could.

But careful as you'll be accusing of being one of the rose tined brigade soon mate.

Maybe you're one of the "under cover Ron lovers" referred to.

so far 2 shrimpers have come on as pridicted out of 4 that was always going to comment anyone wants to guess who!!!!
A clue these 2 shrimpers are undercover Ron lovers!!!!

Perhaps these 4 you talk of are level headed and not biased in any way?

I've been saying all along that this team is the standard of a mid table League Two team. Anyone who thinks this current team will make play offs is seriously deluded.

A squad of players who were on the scrap heap before Paul Sturrock came in, wondering where their next pay cheque was coming from....Suddenly, Xmas for all of them!

PS says he was building a team for League One, I say he's either taking the p*** or stupid. Yes there are a few good players in there, but the rest are woefully dross.

Or he's neither taking the p*** or stupid, and just had very limited time/money to get a team together, and when he says he is building a team for league one he meant he was BUILDING one and not that he had one..

I personally don't think we are worse then Hereford or Barnet, and so won't be relegated just as we aren't as good as the top half of the table.. but we have a team that can be built on and drive for either a strong finish this year or a better season next year..

All we need is to learn how to be consistent, consistently good that is . We have shown glimpses of it in several matches. Just need to get a settled side and things will improve.

No team has a settled side all year ..that is what a squad system is about..I would say we need this more so with the bunch of cast off's we have signed....I am afraid that without our so called 1st eleven which IMO overall are cack anyway we may be will just survive, using the other squad players we are about Ryman league quality.

Or he's neither taking the p*** or stupid, and just had very limited time/money to get a team together, and when he says he is building a team for league one he meant he was BUILDING one and not that he had one..

I personally don't think we are worse then Hereford or Barnet, and so won't be relegated just as we aren't as good as the top half of the table.. but we have a team that can be built on and drive for either a strong finish this year or a better season next year..

In his own words, he said he saw no point in bringing in anyone for the short term and that any player that he signs is capable of playing in League One....So not that he was "BUILDING" as you put it. It is BUILT.

I agree with your second paragraph. I think we have more chance of promotion than relegation, but thats only because there are enough teams in the division that are terribly poor, not that I think we have any chance of promotion.

Torquay game did not attend due to being in Pub getting smashed!!!
Barnet I attended and to say that it was a great performance OBL would suggest you was not at the game. Barnet are worst than us and even soares looked good!!!
2 very poor teams with us coming out 3-1 winners

If Barnet are worse than us then we only need to find one more team to be better than and we'll stay up.

Back