• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

This is what needs to be done

Alex

Members
We need to bring Cole back asap. Hunt, Francis and Clarke are NOT midfielders, so dont play them there. Hammell needs to be dropped. His distribution from the back is terrible. Gower needs to be moved from the flank. He is very creative but his crossing tonight was shocking. I think he could do a good job in the centre. With his creativity, running at the defenders in the middle of the park, laying the killer pass through to the strikers and he is the only midfielder willing to shoot, I feel he could be quite and more effective than any another centre midfielder we have. I think this team should play against Wolves and before you have a pop at me for suggesting this remember something has to be done to stop the rot.

Flahavan

Hunt          Sodje             Barrett         Wilson (if fit)

JCR           Gower             Maher          Cole

Eastwood         Harrold

Subs:
Hooper
Guttridge
Francis/Hammell
Prior
Smith

I would take a chance of leaving a sub keeper off the bench purely to give us more outfield options on the bench should we need them.

JCR needs to come in. Altough his final ball is not always there at least he works his arse off, chases everything down and is willing to run at defenders, I also think he takes a bit of pressure off the defense as they can hoof the ball to him to chase rather than just hoofing it and it comes back again because we have no pace up there to get the ball.

Cole needs to come in, yet again because he runs at defenders and with him and JCR on the flanks it will balance the side out.

Sorry but Hammells passing is not good and I think Wilson deserves his chance as in my opinion he was a key man in last seasons league winning team.

And when Bradbury is fit again he goes straight in the 1st team up front with Eastwood.

If Tilson believes this lineup is not good enough then there needs to be few loan signings come in (which lookes unlikely).

Also when we go 3-2 down against 10 man bottom of the league side and we are at home then Tilson and Brush should not be standing quiet in front of the bench, they should be standing on the edge of their TECHNICAL area and shouting the heads off, and trying to motivate the team.

JCR, Gower and Cole in the same midfield would be a terrible idea. Especially away. Crikey, you think we can't defend now....

JCR deserves another run in the side. I was surprised that he didn't get a go tonight, especially as their left back was a joke.

Maher & Clarke doesn't work, for the same reason that Maher & Hunt doesn't work. Clarke is there to break up play, yet Maher still spends his time dropping back to pick the ball up off the back four leaving us with a massive gap from the two midfielders to the forwards and no alternative but to hoof it forward. Not giving Mark Bentley whatever it took to keep him looks like a worse and worse decision every week.

We haven't won since Bradbury got injured. He's a quality player and the perfect partner for Eastwood and needs to be played the second he's fit enough.

Maybe 3-5-2 would be a way to go, with Hunt or Clarke alongside Barrett and Sodje. I suspect that Francis, JCR and Hammell could all make decent wing-backs.

Dont agree with that.

Everyone dropped the idea of 3 centrebacks long ago.

3-5-2 doesnt work, England didnt want to play it and when they did got shown up.

When you are playing as badly as we are playing formations that players dont like and arent used to isnt a good idea.

Our full backs do need to be a bit more conservative I think, they got caught out a few times tonight.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ Oct. 31 2006,23:08)]JCR, Gower and Cole in the same midfield would be a terrible idea. Especially away. Crikey, you think we can't defend now....

JCR deserves another run in the side. I was surprised that he didn't get a go tonight, especially as their left back was a joke.

Maher & Clarke doesn't work, for the same reason that Maher & Hunt doesn't work. Clarke is there to break up play, yet Maher still spends his time dropping back to pick the ball up off the back four leaving us with a massive gap from the two midfielders to the forwards and no alternative but to hoof it forward. Not giving Mark Bentley whatever it took to keep him looks like a worse and worse decision every week.

We haven't won since Bradbury got injured. He's a quality player and the perfect partner for Eastwood and needs to be played the second he's fit enough.

Maybe 3-5-2 would be a way to go, with Hunt or Clarke alongside Barrett and Sodje. I suspect that Francis, JCR and Hammell could all make decent wing-backs.
But why would it be a terrible idea playing them in midfield, away or at home. Like i said soemthing needs to be done because our current midfield is too negative. They dont protect the back four enough in the right way and they dont get forward and help out the front 2 either. JCR and Cole to run at them down the flanks with Gower running through the middle and Maher there to break up the play. Some people say the best way to defend is attack. At least that midfield will take the pressure off the back four.

At home Id be happy to see JCRetc but you do need to grind out results away.

Bear in mind when you play at team at their ground they are far more likely to attack and if you had gower in the middle he isnt going to win the ball much.

At present our midfield isnt winning and holding onto the ball and doing enough with it, until they do our defence is under too much pressure.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jam_Man @ Oct. 31 2006,23:11)]Dont agree with that.

Everyone dropped the idea of 3 centrebacks long ago.

3-5-2 doesnt work, England didnt want to play it and when they did got shown up.

When you are playing as badly as we are playing formations that players dont like and arent used to isnt a good idea.

Our full backs do need to be a bit more conservative I think, they got caught out a few times tonight.
I'm not a fan of the formation itself. It does seem to fit the players that we've got though.

Gower can't play in the centre as he can't tackle - tonight was a good example of him losing 50/50 tackles all night...

The only time Gower created something, was when he put a first time cross in from the left, and Harry put the ball in the back of the net. The rest of the game = rubbish.

Bad, bad game tonight - and we have Wolves away, and then Man United at home. Christ almightly...
sad.gif

Wilson and Smith are both injured and the latter is surplus to requirements. I doubt we'll see him again.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Alex @ Oct. 31 2006,23:02)]We need to bring Cole back asap. Hunt, Francis and Clarke are NOT midfielders, so dont play them there. Hammell needs to be dropped. His distribution from the back is terrible. Gower needs to be moved from the flank. He is very creative but his crossing tonight was shocking. I think he could do a good job in the centre. With his creativity, running at the defenders in the middle of the park, laying the killer pass through to the strikers and he is the only midfielder willing to shoot, I feel he could be quite and more effective than any another centre midfielder we have. I think this team should play against Wolves and before you have a pop at me for suggesting this remember something has to be done to stop the rot.

Flahavan

Hunt          Sodje             Barrett         Wilson (if fit)

JCR           Gower             Maher          Cole

Eastwood         Harrold

Subs:
Hooper
Guttridge
Francis/Hammell
Prior
Smith

I would take a chance of leaving a sub keeper off the bench purely to give us more outfield options on the bench should we need them.

JCR needs to come in. Altough his final ball is not always there at least he works his arse off, chases everything down and is willing to run at defenders, I also think he takes a bit of pressure off the defense as they can hoof the ball to him to chase rather than just hoofing it and it comes back again because we have no pace up there to get the ball.

Cole needs to come in, yet again because he runs at defenders and with him and JCR on the flanks it will balance the side out.

Sorry but Hammells passing is not good and I think Wilson deserves his chance as in my opinion he was a key man in last seasons league winning team.

And when Bradbury is fit again he goes straight in the 1st team up front with Eastwood.

If Tilson believes this lineup is not good enough then there needs to be few loan signings come in (which lookes unlikely).

Also when we go 3-2 down against 10 man bottom of the league side and we are at home then Tilson and Brush should not be standing quiet in front of the bench, they should be standing on the edge of their TECHNICAL area and shouting the heads off, and trying to motivate the team.
Why would Tilly want more outfield players when he struggles to put on the ones he's got, always too late. He will never get more animated from the dugout, sure he's sulking about the Norwich job. Crying shame he didn't make Bents feel more welcome, look at the state of the powder puff midfield now and another one in the catalogue of disasters was to let Cole go out on loan as he would have been very useful for the last half hour each match. I know that it grinds on here to knock Tilson but he has made some spectacular **** ups this year!

Back