• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Andy_S

Member of the Barry Corr Fan Club
I haven't got time unfortunately to do my usual round up, but I thought I'd post on here about the game I was at yesterday. Instead of having to nervously keep track of what we were doing via Sky etc, I thought I'd go along to a match, and being a 10 minute drive from Dagenham, Hornchurch and Thurrock, either Dagenham Vs Forest Green, or Thurrock Vs Bishop's Stortford. I plumped for the Thurrock game, with 293 other hardy souls, most from Stortford, instead of the somewhat dreary squalor and general chav kid infested Dagenham.

Danny Gay, Ben Lewis, Scott Forbes, Steve Heffer, Lee Hodges and Garry Cross, as well as ex trialist Leke Thanda were all in the matchday squads.

Danny Gay: I was never that impressed with him whilst he was here, and Flavs always seemed to keep him well out of the picture. Yesterday though he looked very competent. Certainly in the top 2 or so keepers in that League and in my opinion should definitely be in the Division above. He made some decent claims from crosses and pulled off one magnificent one handed save, when he brought his right hand over to his left side to make the stop. His kicking did leave a lot to be desired though and the continual 'coaching' from Forbesy probably didn't exactly help. He looks slightly better built then when he was with us actually.

Ben Lewis: He looked a level above actually. There were some very classy and calm defensive moments from him and he was the archetypical 110% man out there. Interestingly, in his profile in the programme it stated that he was born in Rio and played beach football alongside Ronaldo. Anybody know if this is true!?
oops.gif

Scott Forbes: The bouncyman lined up in central midfield and tried to take on the midfield general role, barking orders right throughout the 90 minutes. Generally did alright and produced a couple of lovely free kicks into the box. He's put on a bit of weight and had a good joke with one the guys in the Thurrock press box who shouted out that he was as fat as he was now. Everyone around me who weren't with Stortford seemed to know of his past with us though. Still as committed as ever and even in the warm up he was more enthusiastic than anyone by a long way.

Leke Thanda was a late sub for Stortford as was Cross for Thurrock, so neither really touched the ball, whilst Lee Hodges was an unused sub for Thurrock and he seems to look fatter every time I go down there.

Thurrock won an average game 2-1 with 2 late goals in 4 minutes by the way.
wink.gif

Oh, and here's a pic of Danny Gay punching away a corner with thanks to the Thurrock Official Site:

bishops_2005_1029(051).jpg

Was Lee "The Enigma" Hodges playing for Thurrock...? Still can't fathom what makes him tick - someone who, if he put the effort in, in terms of training and conditioning, is easily good enough for League One and is probably good enough for the Championship... but is currently playing for Thurrock. It makes no sense...

oops.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Oct. 31 2005,10:46)]Was Lee "The Enigma" Hodges playing for Thurrock...?  Still can't fathom what makes him tick - someone who, if he put the effort in, in terms of training and conditioning, is easily good enough for League One and is probably good enough for the Championship... but is currently playing for Thurrock.  It makes no sense...

oops.gif
Breaks my heart that he has wasted such talent. When he was with us under Little, he was absolute class. Was gutted when we didn't sign him.

Back