• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

OlvisIII

Coach
Don't know if it's been discussed before, so apologies if it has, but did anyone else notice Tilly and Spinner have an argument at the final whistle. I didn't see it myself but 3 or 4 of the guys I was with said that the two were shouting at each other, waving their hands at each other that lead to Spinner charging down the tunnel, hence the late return for the lap of honour. Anybody have any details about what happened?

Yes I saw Spinner walk straight down the tunnel just after the final whistle before reappearing a bit later.

and Spinner came back onto the pitch a bit later.

I reckon Spinner was moaning about Tes. Or Gower. Or there being no chips in the ground.

Or maybe he could'nt find his old Firholm shirt!

rock.gif

wow.gif

Did not see the incident. Have no idea what it could be about and any possible suggestion would be pure conjecture. Heres one anyway. In all fairness to Spinner, who is the most successful player in the Southend side, i can imagine some of the inexperience of the management wears thin. We all know that the side has players with the ability to push the ball about and others that can find the onion bag and yet there are more than enough matches this season where supposedly weaker opposition have beaten us tactically. Ask yourself how many times you have watched us in posession of the ball in dangerous areas and still you could not believe that we were going to do BA with it. I am not looking to highlight flaws or criticise unduly. Tilly has had a memorable season. The league position has given rise to his cult status, along with his Mr. Southend persona, but many of the performances we have dished up are a long way shy of deserving third place. I remember way back and the 0-1 defeat at home to Mansfield and how clueless we were. That was just the first glaring sign of something not quite there. I still wish the boys well for Saturday but for me its not the end all or be all. The Tilly roadshow has years to roll with us and can only get better. Spinner might even be a part of the coaching staff one day and his not inconsiderable knowledge can be put to the test.

I spotted it and I am going to put it down to the heat of the occasion and both parties passion for the cause. Roll on saturday, I still have faith, and lets pray for a party in Grimsby!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rabbloke @ May 03 2005,17:58)]Spinner might even be a part of the coaching staff one day and his not inconsiderable knowledge can be put to the test.
was that not part of his deal in coming here?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (OlvisIII @ May 03 2005,16:12)]Don't know if it's been discussed before, so apologies if it has, but did anyone else notice Tilly and Spinner have an argument at the final whistle.  I didn't see it myself but 3 or 4 of the guys I was with said that the two were shouting at each other, waving their hands at each other that lead to Spinner charging down the tunnel, hence the late return for the lap of honour.  Anybody have any details about what happened?
Perhaps this is how the conversation went.

Tilly - Oi spinner. get out in the middle we've got awards and a  lap of honour to do

Spinner - But boss, I need a crap

Tilly - How old are you? get out there now

Spinner - I'm warning you, i'm gonna sh*t myself

Tilly - oh for christs sake. hurry up. you've got 2 minutes.

Spinner - ta boss

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rabbloke @ May 03 2005,17:58)]Did not see the incident. Have no idea what it could be about and any possible suggestion would be pure conjecture. Heres one anyway. In all fairness to Spinner, who is the most successful player in the Southend side, i can imagine some of the inexperience of the management wears thin. We all know that the side has players with the ability to push the ball about and others that can find the onion bag and yet there are more than enough matches this season where supposedly weaker opposition have beaten us tactically. Ask yourself how many times you have watched us in posession of the ball in dangerous areas and still you could not believe that we were going to do BA with it. I am not looking to highlight flaws or criticise unduly. Tilly has had a memorable season. The league position has given rise to his cult status, along with his Mr. Southend persona, but many of the performances we have dished up are a long way shy of deserving third place. I remember way back and the 0-1 defeat at home to Mansfield and how clueless we were. That was just the first glaring sign of something not quite there. I still wish the boys well for Saturday but for me its not the end all or be all. The Tilly roadshow has years to roll with us and can only get better. Spinner might even be a part of the coaching staff one day and his not inconsiderable knowledge can be put to the test.
And all that is based on what? Perhaps you have ignored the fact that Spinner apparently spoke to Chris Kamara and told him that he thinks Tilly is a good manager? Something that has been mentioned on here numerous times.

What was is more likely is that Spinner was ****ed off at losing and wanted to vent his spleen in the changing rooms. Tilly probably told him to stay on the pitch but Spinner stormed off anyway, regretted what he had done and came back out?

Don't suppose it's anything terminal. I guess that Spinner was just gutted that we had lost. I think the deflection to Jevons had come off of him, and then he had an immediate chance to equlaise with that volley. He probably wanted to get off the pitch a.s.a.p. to give vent to his frustrations, but had to stay outside for thee awards etc..

It did seem a little strange to have the awards post-match, rather than pre-match. Adam could have had a huge reception from the packed crowd pre-m,atch, rather than the muted response he got from a third-empty stadium. Shame.

I thought it went off Che but who cares?! It's done and dusted now. See you on Saturday!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ May 04 2005,11:01)]The deflection for Jevns goal came of Eastwood not Prior but agre with above comment by c c c siders..
Stand corrected on the deflection. Haven't been able to bring myself to catch the goal on TV. Still think it was an injustice - we didn't deserve to lose (probably didn't deserve to win either).

I saw the Spinner/Tilly action from the outset. As soon as the whistle went and Tilly started coming onto the pitch, Spinner looked round and mouthed off at/to him. Then it got heated as Tilly had his own say at/to Spinner. After which Spinner went for the tunnel.

No idea what it could have been about. Could be just a heat of the moment thing, or even a misunderstanding but what price to see Edwards along side Barrett this Saturday?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SoC @ May 04 2005,11:33)]I saw the Spinner/Tilly action from the outset. As soon as the whistle went and Tilly started coming onto the pitch, Spinner looked round and mouthed off at/to him. Then it got heated as Tilly had his own say at/to Spinner. After which Spinner went for the tunnel.

No idea what it could have been about. Could be just a heat of the moment thing, or even a misunderstanding but what price to see Edwards along side Barrett this Saturday?
I'd say they're both too professional. To be honest, I reckon it's not a terrible thing to see going on. Shows how much passion they have for the club (as if we didn't know already).

Some things will have been said perhaps but I'm sure they will have discussed it and sorted it by the evening.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimper magic @ May 04 2005,11:29)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Chazmo @ May 04 2005,11:08)]I thought it went off Che but who cares?! It's done and dusted now. See you on Saturday!
I also thought it came of wilson
rock.gif
I thought it had come off Wilson as well.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ May 04 2005,12:16)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimper magic @ May 04 2005,11:29)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Chazmo @ May 04 2005,11:08)]I thought it went off Che but who cares?! It's done and dusted now. See you on Saturday!
I also thought it came of wilson
rock.gif
I thought it had come off Wilson as well.
Wilson it was then.
sad.gif

Watched it several times and it actually comes off wilsons backside as he has turned his back on the player with the ball tut tut black mark mr wilson elementary defending never turn your back on the player with the ball

Back