• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Medway Blue

Living on the Island of Relevancy ⭐
Thought this was worthy of being in the main forum for now, rather than in the 'Ex-Shrimpers' forum where hardly anyone will see it.

A little birdie told me recently that Mr. Tilson still hasn't seen any of the monies that he is owed by the club. That includes wages for 3 months before he was sacked and all of his gardening leave wages.

Remember when we were told that all outstanding monies were paid? Not so, allegedly. Remember when we were told that RM had met with Tilly to 'clear the air' just before he took the Lincoln job? Also allegedly not so. There was a meeting........but that meeting consisted of RM offering Tilly a settlement whereby he would be paid 50% of what he was owed. Tilson apparently ran this past his solicitor, who advised him, in light of the shoddy way in which he was treated, not to accept it.

Now, out of the blue, RM has apparently contacted Tilson to tell him that he is seeking money from him! Suppsedly he has told Tilson that he won't be getting his outstanding wages because he 'broke the terms of his contract when on gardening leave by speaking to Lincoln' (even though he was released from his contract so that he could speak to them), and RM is also telling Tilson that he must pay his solicitors' fees after the meetings between the legal teams last year.

You couldn't make it up!

I heard similar to this last week....the club were apparently angry that Tilly wanted the money owed to him..how dare he want money owed to him after he had joined another club....It is totally farcical.

Shameful treatment of a living legend if true but not surprising from such a contemptible little **** as Ron Martin.

I heard similar to this last week....the club were apparently angry that Tilly wanted the money owed to him..how dare he want money owed to him after he had joined another club....It is totally farcical.

RM owes him 4-5 months of wages, John. Not only has the poor bloke not seen a penny of it, but as I said, RM is supposedly trying to make Tilson pay the club's legal fees!

Ridiculous.

Thought this was more to do, allegedly, with his talking to the press?

Not as far as I know.......he didn't say anything that he shouldn't have done in public or in the press whilst he was on gardening leave.

Makes no difference anyway. Shocking treatment.

Ron Martin is a parasite, he treats people like ****. I hope he gets what's coming to him.

How the guy can sleep at night is beyond me. 'What goe's around comes around' is an old cliche that comes to mind and usually happens, although in some cases this takes years. Hopefully not in this instance.

RM owes him 4-5 months of wages, John. Not only has the poor bloke not seen a penny of it, but as I said, RM is supposedly trying to make Tilson pay the club's legal fees!

Ridiculous.
This could be RM tactics to play for time before he puts the club in administration.
Tilly puts in a claim for monies owed then RM puts in a rediculous counter claim which Tilly has to respond to. Tilly is then forced to take expensive legal advice. This is disgraceful.

You are taking the **** aren't you?

No i'm not. He was a squad player at Southend but was never first choice every week and did well whenever he played. Moved onto management, had a great find in Eastwood, couple of promotions, a couple of LDV finals and 2 relegations. Tactically unaware, man management skills not great, made a few mistakes with players but also made a few good decisions with players. He stood firm last season when others may have walked. If he was such a legend, a premiership/championship club would have seen how great he was and signed him, but that was left to Lincoln. .

It's all about opinions and mine is he wasn't a legend. Your opinion is that he is....we differ on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree as i have said before Tilson is not a legend. A very average player who had 2 good years as manager and 2 poor years having spent alot of money on rubbish while getting rid of some very good players.

This could be RM tactics to play for time before he puts the club in administration.
Tilly puts in a claim for monies owed then RM puts in a rediculous counter claim which Tilly has to respond to. Tilly is then forced to take expensive legal advice. This is disgraceful.

I don't see that as he could have gone for admin a year ago.

Agree as i have said before Tilson is not a legend. A very average player who had 2 good years as manager and 2 poor years having spent alot of money on rubbish while getting rid of some very good players.

Entitled to your own opinion as to whether he is a "Legend" or not, fine, BUT sorry much more than just a very average player for me!...Unfair Sir, shame on you.I saw all of his lonh career with us, did you??

A year ago RM had X amount more money and more expectation to make money from the club. His expectations have diminished this year.

No i'm not. He was a squad player at Southend but was never first choice every week and did well whenever he played. Moved onto management, had a great find in Eastwood, couple of promotions, a couple of LDV finals and 2 relegations. Tactically unaware, man management skills not great, made a few mistakes with players but also made a few good decisions with players. He stood firm last season when others may have walked. If he was such a legend, a premiership/championship club would have seen how great he was and signed him, but that was left to Lincoln. .

It's all about opinions and mine is he wasn't a legend. Your opinion is that he is....we differ on this.

We do disagree, Tilly was a great player, an amazing servant doing every job at the club and is our most successful manager and extremely loyal. What else does someone have to do to become a legend?

Back