• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I wonder why, though, Tilly has not taken us to court on this is it still a loyalty to the club, or could it be that it would not stand up ?

Why on earth would it not stand up? it is factual..he has not been paid monies owed to him and yes he has taken legal counsel and that is an ongoing process which RM is stalling for as long as he humanly can even going as far as counter suing Tilly I believe.

Why on earth would it not stand up? it is factual..he has not been paid monies owed to him and yes he has taken legal counsel and that is an ongoing process which RM is stalling for as long as he humanly can even going as far as counter suing Tilly I believe.

I don't know, I have not seen his contract, the written terms of the termination nor any of the correspondence from he, or the club regarding the monies owed.

I assume that information is, however , available to Tilly and his legal bod and there may be sufficient communications (or insufficient grounds) for legal action

I don't know, I have not seen his contract, the written terms of the termination nor any of the correspondence from he, or the club regarding the monies owed.

I assume that information is, however , available to Tilly and his legal bod and there may be sufficient communications (or insufficient grounds) for legal action

You are not for real surely?.....he wasn't and has not been paid for the work he did at Southend United...end of story.

These are only rumours

No they are NOT rumours I have it from the horses mouth as have other Owners of this forum. FFS I despair at times.

Jamesthesuperblue's father is best mates with Tilly. What more proof would you like?

See, this is where people need to engage brain before saying things.

The 2 relegations were in many ways out of his hand. For the first, he had the lowest budget in the CCC to play with and was thus unable to get in the players to keep SUFC up. The second relegation was ultimately out of his hands. Anybody with a brain would realise this. And any other club would, I am sure, be aware of the circumstances surrounding the relegations. It's not just a case of "Oh look, he has 2 relegations on his CV, so he MUST be a **** manager".

His man-management skills were second to none. His players didn't just want to play for the club or the fans. They went out onto the pitch not wanting to disappoint Tilly. He had the vast majority of them on his side, and I know this for a fact, so I am not buying that one!

2 Championship clubs did come knocking on the door asking to speak to him whilst he was here.

Eastwood was not the sole catalyst for Tilson's success. The majority of successful teams have good strikers in their teams. Was Dalglish lucky for signing Shearer at Blackburn? Was Ferguson's success only because he happened to sign van Nistleroy? Or Cantona? Silly comment - successful prmotion winning teams have for the most part a goalscorer. Tilson had a bunch of very good individuals at this level who ALL contributed to the club's rise up the leagues, and Tilson did a fantastic job to motivate them, to bond them, and to get a team spirit and team dynamic instilled which would have been the envy of almost any football club in the country.

Oh, and I'd say he was one of the best players of the decade at Southend.

As someone said, what does someone have to do to be a legend? He gave years and years of service to this club, he was a very good player with a cultured left foot. He could have left numerous times when he was on the bench in the mid-90s and didn't. It took Whelan to boot him out to get him to leave, and when he did leave in 1997, he was devastated. He came back first chance he had, started as a youth team coach and held almost every position possible on his way to becoming manager. When he did get that job, he gave 7 years of excellent service, brought us success, had several clubs come in for him and could have left but didn't, made it good to be a Southend fan again, only to have all of his hard work torn to shreds by Ron Martin. Martin made Tilson look like an idiot last year. But he still battled on bravely until he got the sack. He told me that he would never leave 'his' club of his own accord and that that '*******' Martin would have to drive him out if he wanted him gone. When it did eventually happen, he was on the phone to my dad in tears, he was so upset. He loves this club, absolutely loves it, and its fans. What more does the poor guy have to do to be labelled a 'legend'?

Excellent post, 100% agree. Tilly fully deserves the "legend" status, remember he topped the poll in the Echo "greatest ever Blue" competition a few years ago.

Rons actions are typical of the many "dodgy" businessmen around these days. Try to settle things out of court to save yourself paying what is legally due. He may also be trying to call Tilly's bluff. He probably realises that Tilly would not like to be seen as the person who brings Southend United down by issuing a winding-up order.

1 am , John. I could not categorically say that Tilly has a case to take us to court as i A) do not have access to the documentation and B) i am not legally trained.

I was just putting two of the possible reasons for him not taking us to court.

1 am , John. I could not categorically say that Tilly has a case to take us to court as i A) do not have access to the documentation and B) i am not legally trained.

I was just putting two of the possible reasons for him not taking us to court.

packers-dont-throw-in-the-towel.jpeg

100% not rumours... Steve told me himself.... on a positive note he is loving the fact that he has turned things around up there and is looking forward to seeing us all in March...

I don't think the fact that Tilly has not been paid are just rumours (though evidencially they may be deemed to be anecdotal) what is conjecture in this instance is whether there is basis for legal action

That's where I'm coming from. Until a statement comes out from either party or something progresses legally then I'll be holding back on making a judgement and to me they'll be strong rumours.

That's where I'm coming from. Until a statement comes out from either party or something progresses legally then I'll be holding back on making a judgement and to me they'll be strong rumours.

While you are waiting you might like to remove your head from up Rons a**e.:winking:

Edited as I may have mis-read post I replied to.

On another note, how much is he owed?

Agree as i have said before Tilson is not a legend. A very average player who had 2 good years as manager and 2 poor years having spent alot of money on rubbish while getting rid of some very good players.

I've said it before, but it's worth repeating - can someone please put up on youtube his goal against Grimsby!

Pubey ... not being funny mate but its true. Tilly and Brushy both owed money big time. Accept and move on ...

Back