• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

With Ron Martin in control there will be no Southend united soon.. If the ship goes down I wouldn't want Steve effected...

Tilson achieved more here than Webb ever did. And when the going got tough with the Chairman he didn't run. That's true loyalty and dedication to your club. Webb is also a hero of mine, however he left us high and dry. And more than once. Tilson has been shamefully treated twice by our club now.

Have a lot of respect for Dave Webb, but agree with your comments. The one thing they both shared when gaining promotion to the old 1st division/championship was a rare season of very little injuries, which enabled us to play a settled team most games.

" wonder why, though, Tilly has not taken us to court on this is it still a loyalty to the club, or could it be that it would not stand up ?" Firsestorm

that last bit reads like a bit of a snipe - an implication that perhaps hes not actually owed the money .....

if I am reading it wrong I apologise - but why the **** wouldn't it stand up ?

if i am wrong I am sorry but it does seem to imply there might be some reason why after all he did that they couldn't pay him off despite the club having 5 MILLION QUID FROM SAINSBURYS

Last edited by a moderator:
no i am talking sense, Tilson was an employee of SUFC, he was placed on gardening leave by Ron, he should be paid the wages he was owed whilst on leave 4-5 months, but if another club takes an employee off of us then we are entitled to compensation from them

yep you are completely right "he should be paid the wages he is owed" everything else stinks

" wonder why, though, Tilly has not taken us to court on this is it still a loyalty to the club, or could it be that it would not stand up ?" Firsestorm

that last bit reads like a bit of a snipe - an implication that perhaps hes not actually owed the money .....

if I am reading it wrong I apologise - but why the **** wouldn't it stand up ?

if i am wrong I am sorry but it does seem to imply there might be some reason why after all he did that they couldn't pay him off despite the club having 5 MILLION QUID FROM SAINSBURYS

He should definitely be paid what he is owed but as Ive pointed out 27 times when you have commented on this 5 million, well over 3 million of it was spent on old tax bills before we even borrowed it and the rest was set aside for future bills wages, and seeing as we have failed to pay a tax bill on time looks like it has all gone.

You seem to have this belief we have 5 million in the bank which seems rather naive seeing as we cant pay a 20k tax bill.

This in no way excuses not paying money Tilson is owed.

He should definitely be paid what he is owed but as Ive pointed out 27 times when you have commented on this 5 million, well over 3 million of it was spent on old tax bills before we even borrowed it and the rest was set aside for future bills wages, and seeing as we have failed to pay a tax bill on time looks like it has all gone.

You seem to have this belief we have 5 million in the bank which seems rather naive seeing as we cant pay a 20k tax bill.

This in no way excuses not paying money Tilson is owed.

5 million quid is a lot to get through - money that was made available in august - a good time to have sorted out Tilson .....

Its very difficult to love a club that carries on like this - hence the anger ...... a sense of grief that all the pride you used to feel - at Stamford Bridge, at the Stadium of Light. at White Hart Lane has turned into a such nasty littlle facade -

really I want to just forget about it all - its all disgusting

5 million quid is a lot to get through - money that was made available in august - a good time to have sorted out Tilson .....

Its very difficult to love a club that carries on like this - hence the anger ...... a sense of grief that all the pride you used to feel - at Stamford Bridge, at the Stadium of Light. at White Hart Lane has turned into a such nasty littlle facade -

really I want to just forget about it all - its all disgusting

You appear to like the word disgusting, but you haven't answered Firestorm's question of what you found disgusting in his post. Care to answer that?

"

I realise you#ll probably ignore this, as you have every other post trying to explain to you about the £5M, but if you read this thread particularly Beefy's quote on page 7...

It's encouraging to hear that money is being drip-fed through to us by Sainsburys rather than them just handing us a wad of cash last Summer and leaving it up to us to manage. We'd be in big trouble had they done that.

This may all have been Sainsbury's way of remind Ron who is in charge.

Hopefully RM comes out with a statement now, along the lines of the Sainsburys money is dependant on hitting certain objectives, with the revised plans now having been approved we're back on track ,further funds have been released and all obligations to HMRC and players are up to date. To prove it, here is a loan striker.

Then maybe we could put this whole issue to bed!

Then maybe we could put this whole issue to bed!

But the issue is not whether Ron was given £5 million pounds in a lump sum, but whether Tilson who was an absolutely outstanding employee (insert legend/hero or any other word of your choice here) of this club continues to be treated shabbily.

But the issue is not whether Ron was given £5 million pounds in a lump sum, but whether Tilson who was an absolutely outstanding employee (insert legend/hero or any other word of your choice here) of this club continues to be treated shabbily.

I was referring to the issue that Rayleigh Boy has over the £5M

Should this really be in the EX-Shrimpers thread as Tilly is no longer our manager. I know it relates to his time here and how Martin has screwed him over (allegedly) but Tilly is no longer an employee of SUFC. People seem to be so hung up on Tilly, it's like they can't let go. Sturrock is manager here now. Let's look to the future, not the past.

Should this really be in the EX-Shrimpers thread as Tilly is no longer our manager. I know it relates to his time here and how Martin has screwed him over (allegedly) but Tilly is no longer an employee of SUFC. People seem to be so hung up on Tilly, it's like they can't let go. Sturrock is manager here now. Let's look to the future, not the past.

Short answer no, IMO it's related to the clubs overall financial situation.

What other club would treat a true Legend of the club like the way Southend have treated Tilly?

The money owed is still on blues books so does that not make him still associated with blues?

Is the issue that Martin owes Tilly up to the end of his contract? I know Tilly was put on gardening leave and as such is on full pay to sit at home. If he then gets a job elsewhere, that contract would cease to be and Martin wouldn't need to pay up Tilly's contract. Gardening leave is a funny thing, it's not being sacked because you are still employed but not actually working. If Tilly is chasing for the full payment of his contract, I don't think it would hold water in court. However, if it's just to be paid till the day Tilly was employed by Lincoln, then he has every right to take it ot court and shoukd win.

What other club would treat a true Legend of the club like the way Southend have treated Tilly?

Plenty I'm afraid. I'm in no way condoning the way Martin has acted in the matter of Tilson, but we aren't the only club that have treated so called legends or club stalwarts in such a disgraceful manner.

It took over a year for RM to stump up the wages Alex Revell was due (a significantly smaller amount than what Tilson is allegedly owed). Tilson might be in for a long wait yet.

Back