• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with wiggy on Straker, just don't get the negativity towards him & he does have more natural talent than most in the squad even If not everything he tries comes off. That's L2 for you folks. And I also agree that the footy under Brown is far more enjoyable to watch. But Brown had the luxury of coming in after the ship had been steadied somewhat. Sturrock performed miracles to keep us competitive even if it was ugly and I'll always have huge respect for him for that.

I'm not saying Straker is the real deal but he has got the best feet at the club touch and vision wise and will create us goals. Other times his passing is dreadful but he's got far more to offer than you lot make out, bit like the two ***** in the blacks that couldn't wait to jeer him as soon as he got the ball....must have been Shrimperzone bores!

Spot on re Straker. Nice to see you're enjoying the football as I am.

Personally even though i dont get to see SUFC play ,i read the threads and othe material and think that PB and co are dueing a good job, i stated in another post that losing to Dagenham in the JPT doesnt worry me , pretty happy we are out of that, you all had your day last season in that, PB and co need to concentrate on the job they was primarily employed to do get us out of this league , he was given a 2year contract in which to do this a threadbare squad , i think no matter where we finish this season my prediction pre season was 11th , with the talent he is bringing to the fore in the younger players and the experience he is giving them, next season we will all be singing long and loud, because with the style he has them playing , next season (if we dont succeed this season ) will be our year.

I'm not saying Straker is the real deal but he has got the best feet at the club touch and vision wise and will create us goals. Other times his passing is dreadful but he's got far more to offer than you lot make out, bit like the two ***** in the blacks that couldn't wait to jeer him as soon as he got the ball....must have been Shrimperzone bores!

Coming from arguably the most hated fool on here!!!! What did you say to the fans in the Black seats, nothing I bet!!!!!

As with most of your awful opinions, iI do worry what you see at times. If you honestly believe that Straker has "the best feet at the club" then you need your head examined. Also, as for vision, I do not see how running head down and being unable to pass ten yards is vision, but hey, this is you were talking about.

I cant comment on how players are preforming, for obvious reasons, but Southend as a team, even when losing, were never really getting turned over by anybody, losing games by the odd goal, when we should have got more out of the game. So im not that surprised we are picking up points all of a sudden.

So because they were jeering means they were from here? Here's something that may shock you, I know this site is amazing but not every Southend United fan posts on here.

Vision! You have got to be kidding. I see exactly the opposite. As an example explain the run to the corner flag in the last minute on Friday. That showed a complete lack of vision. We had unmarked players and outnumbered them. At 1.0 it may have made sense. At 2.0 it makes no sense

Who are you and why are you using wiggys account?

Vision! You have got to be kidding. I see exactly the opposite. As an example explain the run to thw corner flag in the last minute. That showed a complete lack of vision. We had unmarked players and outnumbered them. At 1.0 it may have made sense. At 2.0 it makes no sense

Agreed he could have playe the simple ball for a tap in but chose not to. IMHO one of the most frustrating players at the club. Its simple straks use your pace in the channel and fiz balls into the box.

Agreed he could have playe the simple ball for a tap in but chose not to. IMHO one of the most frustrating players at the club. Its simple straks use your pace in the channel and fiz balls into the box.

Straker may be (or not be) a lot of things, but bemoaning a player for running into a corner in injury time and protecting a lead when it was right is baffling.

If he had tried a cross and they countered and scored, it all would've been his fault, the guy can't win. He has an amazing ability to consistently fail to pick out a blue or ugly yellow and black striped shirt so what makes anybody think that he would've all of a sudden managed to find feet at that point?

Straker's first action on coming on was to run into the corner. Seemed fairly obvious to me that, not only did he do it well, but he was also following our manager's instructions and being completely professional.

Back on topic, there's absolutely no sign the players have given up on Brown. Far from it.

Straker may be (or not be) a lot of things, but bemoaning a player for running into a corner in injury time and protecting a lead when it was right is baffling.

Exactly. Weird how people didn't moan so much when Mark Gower or Anthony Grant used to do exactly the same thing.

if you want to moan at someone for us holding the ball in the corners when seeing out the match moan at the manager and not the player who will get a bollocking if he doesn't do it.

Nothing proved either way yet, good start, sticky patch, recovering now, we will see, but one thing for sure is he does have an unconventional style of man management, didn't work at Hull, might work here, we will know in May

Vision! You have got to be kidding. I see exactly the opposite. As an example explain the run to the corner flag in the last minute on Friday. That showed a complete lack of vision. We had unmarked players and outnumbered them. At 1.0 it may have made sense. At 2.0 it makes no sense

But is that a lack of vision, or a lack of intelligence? To me it looked like he saw the options, but decided against it. In general I agree with you, it's just I don't think that was a particularly good example.

I think his decision making is also poor in that he takes too long to decide what to do (probably through a lack of vision) and then gets either caught with the ball, or gets pressurised into a poor pass. Either way he ends up giving the ball away.

So have people finally given up on giving up on the gaffer?

Whats amusing is that the person who opened this thread is the same one who had a go at me for having an agenda and being anti-Brown.

Difference is I was asking for people to stop letting Brown of the hook with wages/embargos excuse when we had gone 6 games without a win, and Silencer "gave up" on him after one defeat where we played half our reserves.

PS Why has this turned into another straker bashing thread? Lets keep it on topic and bash/not bash Brown.

So have people finally given up on giving up on the gaffer?

All the game in the JPT proved was that there is greater competition for places at Dagenham that at Southend. Not really a surprise given our predicament.

Let's see what tomorrow brings when both teams put out their strongest team. Should be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back