• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irate Ian

Members
Strange & Weird events..... about 06:25 to-day I posted a new thread: RM's Blog Part III which may have been attacked by aliens & has mysteriously dissappeared from this board.

It read something like:-

"Closed = Now Agreed

Unilateral closure of 2 threads without right of reply not good IMO

Have a Good Day"

It was in response to the following:-

RM's Blog Part II

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since you or your Moderators have closed the 1st thread and not given the right of reply to your abuse, I reprint it below:-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricko
Are you for real?.... 1.....What does that mean...? 2...well then shut up until you can be arsed to do so to the appropriate person....3....When have I ever mentioned me in this Thread apart from trying to help you. ..it is all about you and your paranoia.

1) Exactly what is says on the tin.

2) No will not "shut up" - yet another demeaning & attempt to bully
comment. Have not asked any further questions on here so what makes
you think I intend to do so ?

Since you mention it paranoia ?? on your part.

May take view of others in formulating and structuring/tabling issues as
many arise, which are already apparent from other thread responses.

3) Rediculous. You rebuked and demeaned 2 decentors in the first 10
minutes of the blog appearing. I questioned your agenda or reasons for
doing so in the priviledged position you occupy as a Co-Owner and you
deny being in RM's pocket, or his Mouthpiece on SZ

Now saved it to my own PC just in case further unexplained events occur.

Last edited:
Carl, are you about this morning? If so could you translate it for us please.

Strange & Weird events..... about 06:25 to-day I posted a new thread: RM's Blog Part III which may have been attacked by aliens & has mysteriously dissappeared from this board.

It read something like:-

"Closed = Now Agreed

Unilateral closure of 2 threads without right of reply not good IMO

Have a Good Day"

It was in response to the following:-

RM's Blog Part II

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since you or your Moderators have closed the 1st thread and not given the right of reply to your abuse, I reprint it below:-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricko
Are you for real?.... 1.....What does that mean...? 2...well then shut up until you can be arsed to do so to the appropriate person....3....When have I ever mentioned me in this Thread apart from trying to help you. ..it is all about you and your paranoia.

1) Exactly what is says on the tin.

2) No will not "shut up" - yet another demeaning & attempt to bully
comment. Have not asked any further questions on here so what makes
you think I intend to do so ?

Since you mention it paranoia ?? on your part.

May take view of others in formulating and structuring/tabling issues as
many arise, which are already apparent from other thread responses.

3) Rediculous. You rebuked and demeaned 2 decentors in the first 10
minutes of the blog appearing. I questioned your agenda or reasons for
doing so in the priviledged position you occupy as a Co-Owner and you
deny being in RM's pocket, or his Mouthpiece on SZ

Now saved it to my own PC just in case further unexplained events occur.

UFO's.....I think that it is you that is on another planet Ian!!!

I would guess that as the ist thread had degenerated into half a dozen or so posts solely containing the word bollocks, the assumption was that the SZ masses had grown tired of the thread and, as with all hijack threads hurtling off at tangents, it was closed.

In an attempt to get the last word a further thread was opened up and , iirc, as with other occassions where this has been done (live thread excepted) this was duly deleted.

However that is only my observation and is no way meant to be an explaination from the mods, RM, Molder or Scully

Give or take a few deletions [not closures] of threads, about sums it up, Firestorm - except absolutley no bad language.

The right of reply should be part of our constitution ?

Last edited:
UFO's.....I think that it is you that is on another planet Ian!!!

Now that is a very acceptable rebuke.

Because we all have differering thought processes, views and yes critcisms, is no reason to remove threads altogether. The right to reply, as above.

Give or take a few deletions [not closures] of threads, about sums it up, Firestorm.

Not if the board owners decide it shouldnt.

Give or take a few deletions [not closures] of threads, about sums it up, Firestorm.

Our Constitution?!

This is a football discussion website, not a party political broadcast!

:headbang:

Not if the board owners decide it shouldnt.

Which brings back part of the original issue: Despotic actions, bullying other posters, demeaning or belittling or rebuking them by someone who is in a priviliged position. Namely Co-Owner Mr John Cricko.

God help anyone who dares to question his total control of what we wish to say.

Freedom to reasonable speech should not be a problem, surely ?

Last edited:
Now that is a very acceptable rebuke.

Because we all have differering thought processes, views and yes critcisms, is no reason to remove threads altogether. The right to reply, as above.

Well, I didn't want to post anything that the Mods would delete.....Like they did the other day on the Sainsbury's thread!!

Which brings back part of the original issue: Despotic actions, bullying other posters, demeaning or belittling or rebuking them by someone who is in a priviliged position. Namely Co-Owner Mr John Cricko.

God help anyone who dares to question his total control of what we wish to say.

But as an owner of this board, Mr John Cricko is free to do as he sees fir.

You always have the option of starting your own board.

As much as I like all the posters on this forum I do find the bickering between members and owners quite tiresome.
Why people cant take their grievances to the owners via private messaging I dont know.
I come here for the general banter, football chatter and the debates, not to see who wins the testosterone battles or who has the last word. I can watch that at a decent footie match.
Have a lovely morning.

Now why would I want to do that, will leave that to others, some of whom have already done so.

Maybe SZ will be healthier for this type of debate.

Last edited:
As much as I like all the posters on this forum I do find the bickering between members and owners quite tiresome.
Why people cant take their grievances to the owners via private messaging I dont know.
I come here for the general banter, football chatter and the debates, not to see who wins the testosterone battles or who has the last word. I can watch that at a decent footie match.
Have a lovely morning.

How you doin???

To be honest there is probably a fine line between maintaining a board with in depth (some may say incessant) debate about personality clashes between posters allowing the right of reply to the 'n'th degree and a maintaining a board which holds the interest of a very very wide spectrum of society with only Southend United as their common demoninator. The Mods have this (unpaid, as they are wont to point out occassionally) job and at times it may make the odd poster a little annoyed.

Generally if anything on here (or any other internet forum) makes someone really REALLY annoyed , they just don't come back

Firestorm is right.... again.

But whats the point in moving home, if the house is happy place to hang ones hat ?

Think this thread should soon be in the Pub, Mods ?

[/B]

Surely you don't mean you??? You are the most unhappy, disillusioned, Itare person on here!!

Your opinion is wasted on me, as IMO I might well be one of the most optimistic persons in Southend.

Just because I was forceably given the imaginary internet name: Irate, does not have any bearing on ones character in the real world.

The forum is where where most go under "nom de plumes" or aliases.

But whats the point in moving home, if the house is happy place to hang ones hat ?

QUOTE]

But then would you be "really REALLY annoyed" or would your annoyance be tempered with liking the place and thus be downgraded to "a bit miffed" .

Also as people like the place, they may well bit the bullet occassionally, thus stopping themselves getting to code Red in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back