• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

rabbloke

Coach
Tilly has said that he is going to use the full squad available to him as we have two games in three days and suggests he has learnt from the Mansfield game. About time too!. Firstly it is saying he has been inflexible in his selection for more than half a season and secondly he has his favourites. This site has posted a myriad of team changes and all of a sudden he can see the sense of them. Did Mrs.Tilly serve up xmas turkey and smelling salts followed by reality pudding? I am so pleased with the teams progress but the gaffers inexperience frightens me. Even if the Mansfield game had yielded a positive result things would look so much better. I would hate to end this season and see us not quite make promotion just because Tilly could not see the most simple things in football. I also wonder whether Eastwoods bench warming stint was to avoid injury with a possible transfer imminent. I am sure at two up today I would have put our top scorer on and not Gray if I wanted to secure the win. Just a thought.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rabbloke @ Jan. 01 2005,22:30)]Tilly has said that he is going to use the full squad available to him as we have two games in three days and suggests he has learnt from the Mansfield game. About time too!. Firstly it is saying he has been inflexible in his selection for more than half a season and secondly he has his favourites. This site has posted a myriad of team changes and all of a sudden he can see the sense of them. Did Mrs.Tilly serve up xmas turkey and smelling salts followed by reality pudding? I am so pleased with the teams progress but the gaffers inexperience frightens me. Even if the Mansfield game had yielded a positive result things would look so much better. I would hate to end this season and see us not quite make promotion just because Tilly could not see the most simple things in football. I also wonder whether Eastwoods bench warming stint was to avoid injury with a possible transfer imminent. I am sure at two up today I would have put our top scorer on and not Gray if I wanted to secure the win. Just a thought.
a manager has to begin somewhere and what a fine job he is doing too.

i think it was mourinho who said about the games he was analysing 2 matches over the xmas period and in the 2nd game his team covered 35% less grass than the first due to the fitness levels being lower. it does play a key part!!

Yes he is inexperienced but even with that inexperience he has taken us to 4th in the league. Cut the guy some slack!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BrettieAngell @ Jan. 01 2005,23:44)]Yes he is inexperienced but even with that inexperience he has taken us to 4th in the league.  Cut the guy some slack!
Cut him some slack? I applaud what he has done but there are several issues this season that suggest he is a little slow to accept change and that does not augur well. I want him as manager and wrote to RM asking for his appointment. Tilly does need use the squad and not just his pet players.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rabbloke @ Jan. 02 2005,00:26)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (BrettieAngell @ Jan. 01 2005,23:44)]Yes he is inexperienced but even with that inexperience he has taken us to 4th in the league. Cut the guy some slack!
Cut him some slack? I applaud what he has done but there are several issues this season that suggest he is a little slow to accept change and that does not augur well. I want him as manager and wrote to RM asking for his appointment. Tilly does need use the squad and not just his pet players.
And what did he do today?

We've had plenty of experienced managers who have made mistakes. The question is will Tilly learn from his mistakes?

I think he's got more right than wrong, although a few things he does (or doesn't in the case of subs before 80mins) irks me.

When will this stop! When we make champions league? Urgh he has Brush beside him plus he's getting his badges, he loves the club and experience or not he's getting the best out of his players which is the hardest thing to do. we're 4th!! Last year we were where Rushden are now, how can you even question Tilsons judgement! Stupid post!

Yes we're going to sell Eastwood. You heard it here first ...

oops.gif

Its called resting your front 2 and it worked. To be honest, i thought Lawson may have came on 5 or 10 minutes earlier but then at 2-0 the game isn't 100% safe.

Eastwood was on the bench as he is suffering with flu at the moment.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BrettieAngell @ Jan. 02 2005,00:27)]
[b said:
[b said:
Quote[/b] (BrettieAngell @ Jan. 01 2005,23:44)]Yes he is inexperienced but even with that inexperience he has taken us to 4th in the league.  Cut the guy some slack!
Its clear what he did today but it could have been done to great effect many times before. I know he is learning but the question is will he learn quick enough? He probably only has this bite at the cherry. If we are not promoted this season, with the position we are in now and the squad we have, what do you think will happen next season?. Will Tilly still be at the club, or Eastwood, Gower, Bentley, Dudfield, gray,or Bart? Quite possibly not. Can we replace them for a major push next season?. Unlikely. Its taken ten years to get a reasonable squad together and it can take a summer to disband it!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rabbloke @ Jan. 02 2005,01:22)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
Quote[/b] (BrettieAngell @ Jan. 01 2005,23:44)]Yes he is inexperienced but even with that inexperience he has taken us to 4th in the league. Cut the guy some slack!
Its clear what he did today but it could have been done to great effect many times before. I know he is learning but the question is will he learn quick enough? He probably only has this bite at the cherry. If we are not promoted this season, with the position we are in now and the squad we have, what do you think will happen next season?. Will Tilly still be at the club, or Eastwood, Gower, Bentley, Dudfield, gray,or Bart? Quite possibly not. Can we replace them for a major push next season?. Unlikely. Its taken ten years to get a reasonable squad together and it can take a summer to disband it!
I think you are way off the mark there, Tilson will be here next season and so will most of this squad wether we go up or not, he is the best manager we have had in the last ten years.

[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
Are you really concerned about whether Tilly will still be at the club next season?

The only way he won't be is if idiots drive him out. Probably the best way to do that is to build up expectations and say how we must get promotion this season.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BrettieAngell @ Jan. 02 2005,01:26)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
I think you are way off the mark there, Tilson will be here next season and so will most of this squad wether we go up or not, he is the best manager we have had in the last ten years.
Way of the mark. Look at your own comment and judge it by the experience of countless seasons in football. If the manager does not deliver he will be relocated. If the team does not succeed, the successful players will be sold or as too often in our clubs case become a Judas. Mark my words well. If we do not do the business this season it may mean another ten years of rebuilding.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rabbloke @ Jan. 02 2005,01:33)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (BrettieAngell @ Jan. 02 2005,01:26)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
Way of the mark. Look at your own comment and judge it by the experience of countless seasons in football. If the manager does not deliver he will be relocated. If the team does not succeed, the successful players will be sold or as too often in our clubs case become a Judas. Mark my words well. If we do not do the business this season it may mean another ten years of rebuilding.
Tilson WILL be here next season whatever happens I'm willing to put money on it!

"Mark my words well. If we do not do the business this season it may mean another ten years of rebuilding."
And you'd be sooo pleased if your proved right? Go support West Ham or some other team, go carry on spreading the rot there, don't need it at this club. We're FOR ONCE doing well, don't try to drag us down with your doom and gloom, had enough of that! ALready talking about failure I dunno!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Jan. 02 2005,01:29)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
Are you really concerned about whether Tilly will still be at the club next season?

The only way he won't be is if idiots drive him out. Probably the best way to do that is to build up expectations and say how we must get promotion this season.
Reading your message it suggests I am one of the idiots. If you feel my concern could drive Tilly out of a job so be it. I will gladly pat him on the back for his achievements but I would also have a word in his ear about the problems. Its called reality and only an idiot chooses to ignore it.

"If the manager does not deliver he will be relocated"
This season our aim was to get 12th or higher, I think so far he's delivering! And long may he continue he is Mr Southend, players know it, fans know it (except odd exception!) and most importantly RM knows this, I feel at this time no-one is better suited to be Southend manager, who could have done this good a job with such little time and money? Plus we're close to cardiff again. Not delivering? What planet are you on?

Tillly since he took charge,

1. Saved us from relegation.

2. Took us to the LDV final.

3. Has taken us to 4th in the league with just over half the season gone.

I truly despair sometimes!!

Back