• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

there are some "so called supporters" that should be recovered in a mental hospital! steve is doing an excellent job
the team is 4th in the table and i noticed that he learned quickly from the mansfield game, resting some players that looked tired and playing someone like nicolau. please lads, give
tilly some rest, i have been doing that for months.......
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ Jan. 02 2005,08:30)]Sack him! We're only fourth ...

WS

wink.gif
Its nice to see that Jávea is still posting. I wished he'd stayed in the prediction league as he was running me close.

I honestly cant believe people are still finding stuff to moan about when we are fourth! And to add to that moaning after a 3-0 victory! I know after yesterdays games I'd rather be a Southend fan than a Rushden fan (they should be worried, they were truly awful) Think how they feel, and some blues fans still find things and people to slag off after giving someone a 3-0 trouncing. I came on here expecting to see people giving Tilson a lot of credit for yesterday for mixing the team up a bit (especially playing Nicky left mid) but instead they moan about how he should have done it earlier.
wow.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ Jan. 02 2005,09:30)]Sack him! We're only fourth ...

WS

wink.gif
Mike any chance of you working out how Tilly's record so far compares with the great managers i.e. Dave Smith, Webby and harry Warren. He must be running them close.

Unbelievable....just unbelievable.

If we do poorly Tilson gets criticised, if we do well he gets criticised.

He'll be here next season as he's got Southend in his blood, as will most of the team as they want to play for Southend.

Some people astonish me they really do...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Thenewblue @ Jan. 02 2005,00:58)]When will this stop! When we make champions league? Urgh he has Brush beside him plus he's getting his badges, he loves the club and experience or not he's getting the best out of his players which is the hardest thing to do. we're 4th!! Last year we were where Rushden are now, how can you even question Tilsons judgement! Stupid post!
I agree, VERY stupid post IMO. How is Tilson supposed to get his experience then - every manager has to start somewhere. Yes Tilly has very little experience but decided to rest Gray/Eastwood yesterday to keep them fresh for Kiddy and enhance our chances of 3pts, now that uis a sign of a manager with little experience making decisions as if he'd been in a job for many years. How anyone can question his decision-making is beyond me, there isn't a single manager out there who could have turned this club around in such a short space of time. When he leads us to League One in May will "rabbloke" still be questioning ST and PB?
rock.gif
And another thing, Tilly will DEFINITELY be here for not just next season but I'm sure the forseeable future - he is Southend through and through and it would take a big job for him to walk away from us, he'll be given a more than fair go from the supporters because of who he is also. I have to ask "rabbloke" doesn't it register that you are the only one on this entire thread who has the opinions you've put forward and no-one has agreed with you at all?

Like I say I'm quite happy with the way things are going.

Like I say. Like I say. Like I say.
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Proud Shrimper @ Jan. 02 2005,13:16)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Thenewblue @ Jan. 02 2005,00:58)]When will this stop! When we make champions league? Urgh he has Brush beside him plus he's getting his badges, he loves the club and experience or not he's getting the best out of his players which is the hardest thing to do. we're 4th!! Last year we were where Rushden are now, how can you even question Tilsons judgement! Stupid post!
I agree, VERY stupid post IMO. How is Tilson supposed to get his experience then - every manager has to start somewhere. Yes Tilly has very little experience but decided to rest Gray/Eastwood yesterday to keep them fresh for Kiddy and enhance our chances of 3pts, now that uis a sign of a manager with little experience making decisions as if he'd been in a job for many years. How anyone can question his decision-making is beyond me, there isn't a single manager out there who could have turned this club around in such a short space of time. When he leads us to League One in May will "rabbloke" still be questioning ST and PB?
rock.gif
And another thing, Tilly will DEFINITELY be here for not just next season but I'm sure the forseeable future - he is Southend through and through and it would take a big job for him to walk away from us, he'll be given a more than fair go from the supporters because of who he is also. I have to ask "rabbloke" doesn't it register that you are the only one on this entire thread who has the opinions you've put forward and no-one has agreed with you at all?
' Idiots ', ' Mental hospital..', ' doesn't it register?'. You all have a wonderful smug way of trying to be so superior with your own opinions. I have never wanted Tilly to go or questioned his contribution but I am not blind to his faults and if they cost us promotion the squad will not be the same next season and neither may the manager. Apparently we were only aiming for 12th this season. Well if that were true half the players we have were conned. Go tell Eastwood or Gray they were told when they signed that they only had 12th to look forward to. I may be the only one on this thread with concern but I am not ashamed to be the only voice of reason. What none of you questioned Corbetts absence earlier in the season, or Jupps inclusion or which keeper should be played. People in glass houses.... Your passion for The Blues is no greater than mine and after more than thirty years of support and trawling around countless league grounds to see them I have learnt there are no certainties in football. Least of all with SUFC. Dream on boys and post again when reality strikes home. I hope we make the LDV final and promotion. Terrific. But if we dont then dont expect it again for some time.

Is it The Shrimperzone lets take the **** day or what ??

One Team In Essex
SUFC

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rabbloke @ Jan. 02 2005,15:38)]What none of you questioned Corbetts absence earlier in the season, or Jupps inclusion or which keeper should be played. People in glass houses....Your passion for The Blues is no greater than mine and after more than thirty years of support and trawling around countless league grounds to see them I have learnt there are no certainties in football. Least of all with SUFC. Dream on boys and post again when reality strikes home. I hope we make the LDV final and promotion. Terrific. But if we dont then dont expect it again for some time.
OK yeah that is a fair point as I certainly questioned Jupp's inclusion and I believe since Hunt has taken his place I have been (along with some others) proved right. I don't agree the squad will be much changed next season if we don't go up nor do I believe Tilson will be gone as even if we are to remain in League 2 99% of our supporters recognise that he has done an unbelievable job so far and if not this year we will most probably find ourselves promotion favourites next season. The only player I can realistically see definitely leaving us should we not win promotion this season is Eastwood. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Ok, in rabbloke's defence (to a point). This is the best chance in a long time down in this division of gaining promotion and who's to say that if we don't go up then we may not have a better chance for a similar length of time? I'm not saying it would happen but if we weren't to go up then confidence and team morale could take a major knock and one or two players may well decide that the grass is greener elsewhere - if a player really wants to leave they will go, contract or no contract. Then say we get to October next season and we are bottom or near to bottom and playing poorly, once again it could happen, there is then every chance that Tilly would be sacked.

So what rabbbloke has suggested is not outside the realms of possibility, plenty of teams have had a good season but missed out on promotion and found themselves at the foot of the table the following year. However it does to me seem pesimistic in the extreme to be contemplating that possibility when we are on a roll and fourth in the table over Christmas and New Year. We are not perfect by any means - even the best team in this league is still only a 'Fourth' Division side with all the limitations that implies - and there are weaknesses in the side and in our managerial teams experience. However we are in the position we are in the league on merit and if we continue to improve as we have done then we have every chance of gaining promotion either automatically or through the playoffs. Surely we as supporters deserve a little period of satisfaction on what has happened so far this season, safe in the knowledge that Tilly, Brushy and the players are not patting themselves on the back but instead working hard to make sure the job (which is currently only half done) is completed successfully.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C'mon you Blues @ Jan. 02 2005,11:41)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jávea Shrimper @ Jan. 02 2005,09:30)]Sack him! We're only fourth ...

WS

wink.gif
Mike any chance of you working out how Tilly's record so far compares with the great managers i.e. Dave Smith, Webby and harry Warren. He must be running them close.
Looking at Potted Shrimps by Dave Goody it seems to me that on this season's performance so far - unless I've done my sums wrong Tilly is on par with Dave Webb with a 58% success percentage (2 points for a win, 1 for a draw divided by games x 2). Only Steve Thompson (64% and Barry Fry 61%) beat him with of course less games played.
I can't remember when Tilly actually took over last season. Anyone care to enlighten me and I'll work out the career total.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C'mon you Blues @ Jan. 02 2005,16:47)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (C'mon you Blues @ Jan. 02 2005,11:41)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jávea Shrimper @ Jan. 02 2005,09:30)]Sack him! We're only fourth ...

WS

wink.gif
Looking at Potted Shrimps by Dave Goody it seems to me that on this season's performance so far - unless I've done my sums wrong Tilly is on par with Dave Webb with a 58% success percentage (2 points for a win, 1 for a draw divided by games x 2). Only Steve Thompson (64% and Barry Fry 61%) beat him with of course less games played.
I can't remember when Tilly actually took over last season. Anyone care to enlighten me and I'll work out the career total.
OK I reckon Tilly took over when we played Rochdale last season. Since then we've played 66 games won 29, lost 21 and drawn 16.
I make that a "success percetge of 56% which makes Tillt the 4th most successful manger in Blues history behind Thompson, Fry and Webb and ahead of Smith (54%) and Harry Warren (52%)
I may be wrong of course, I'm sure the statos will correct me if I am.
And of course he took us to our first "proper" final in 98 years.
I'd say he was doing OK so far.
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper JK @ Jan. 02 2005,10:18)]I honestly cant believe people are still finding stuff to moan about when we are fourth! And to add to that moaning after a 3-0 victory! I know after yesterdays games I'd rather be a Southend fan than a Rushden fan (they should be worried, they were truly awful) Think how they feel, and some blues fans still find things and people to slag off after giving someone a 3-0 trouncing. I came on here expecting to see people giving Tilson a lot of credit for yesterday for mixing the team up a bit (especially playing Nicky left mid) but instead they moan about how he should have done it earlier.
wow.gif
people are not 100 out against Tilly, they are just finding faults in his armoury. To be fair if he was much better then he would be coaching teams outside of this league because the turnaround in a short space of time at this club has been phenomenal.

I would say most is constructive criticism, and there are people that just want to be the best and so they post, saying how people could improve. that is what has happened here.

Back