• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

We all want what's best for southend?

I thought this had been explained to you a couple of times?

I dont understand it personally and don't pretend I could, but I've read posts with people outlining what they know of the accounts (Firestorm) in reply to you?

No it's not been explained at all. That's why I keep asking it. Somebody saying that it's not in the accounts, does not explain it at all. In fact, that is even more worrying. It keeps getting brushed under the carpet, or people like you come back with a spin answer to defend Ron, without answering the bloomin questions. You should be a politician.

You have basically been Ron's biggest supporter. I'll ask you directly, can you explain the two points mentioned ? or show me where they were answered before, as you are suggesting.

No it's not been explained at all. That's why I keep asking it. Somebody saying that it's not in the accounts, does not explain it at all. In fact, that is even more worrying. It keeps getting brushed under the carpet, or people like you come back with a spin answer to defend Ron, without answering the bloomin questions. You should be a politician.

You have basically been Ron's biggest supporter. I'll ask you directly, can you explain the two points mentioned ? or show me where they were answered before, as you are suggesting.

Eh!? Have I? :D Thats quite nice i suppose, but alas far from the truth.

As for the second part of that sentance, I've already said in my post that I didnt understand it - or claim I could understand it.

That, along with the fact that Beefy has AGAIN tried to explain it above tells me perhaps you dont want to read certain things?...

Where do you think the story of that 4.7m came from? Unless Martin Dawn have got a mole leaking info to a Grimsby Town forum then it came from a Grimsby fan reading a report in the Echo written by someone who has read something in a set of accounts. Firestorm has read the same set of accounts and says that there's no 4.7m loan, which says to me that there's either been a misunderstanding on the part of either the person at the Echo or the Grimsby fan, or it's a case of chinese whispers where the story has been twisted as it's gone down the line.

Both of those things have been answered both times you've asked.

The loan balance in the latest accounts is 900k. It's possible that the total loans in recent years from Martin Dawn PLC to Ron Martin is 4.7m but the way that the story was written is that Martin Dawn have written Ron Martin a cheque for that amount, and that isn't really the case. What has it been used for? Good question and no one knows. I'd suggest that it's possible that we saw a lot of that money as there are plenty of loans in the accounts from Ron Martin to us to cover our cashflow shortages and I don't think that money was his. That would just be a guess though.

As for the management fee, it was a fee to Martin Dawn for the use of their employees. It's not uncommon. Cowling at Colchester charged more than twice that and I doubt it went into his back pocket.

I did get answers before, but nothing like these. There's a few thing to pick holes in there, but that is by far the best answers back with no spin. Thank you Beefy.

As for the second part of that sentance, I've already said in my post that I didnt understand it - or claim I could understand it.

That, along with the fact that Beefy has AGAIN tried to explain it above tells me perhaps you dont want to read certain things?...

I was writing my reply as Beefy's post went up, so I hadn't read his until after I had posted mine.

Last edited by a moderator:

I was writing my reply as Beefy's post went up, so I hadn't read until after I had posted mine.

Furry muff! Still doesnt add up to me, but looks like until it can be 100% verified, it appears the £4.7m loan is something we cannot be sure happened?

Last edited by a moderator:
take a chill pill for 14 days ? wtf ? there may not be an SUFC in 14 days time, there's no reason not to keep up the pressure on RM, eventually it might just wear him down, and those who criticised the guys who went to his house, well never under estimate the power of a ****ed off wife, I doubt his missus was pleased to have a load of angry supporters outside her house, pressure, pressure then some more pressure to tip this inept tosspot over the edge I say

take a chill pill for 14 days ? wtf ? there may not be an SUFC in 14 days time, there's no reason not to keep up the pressure on RM, eventually it might just wear him down, and those who criticised the guys who went to his house, well never under estimate the power of a ****ed off wife, I doubt his missus was pleased to have a load of angry supporters outside her house, pressure, pressure then some more pressure to tip this inept tosspot over the edge I say

So what is your masterplan for a post-Ron Martin Southend United. Who is going to take over and how are they going to rectify our cashflow shortages?

So what is your masterplan for a post-Ron Martin Southend United. Who is going to take over and how are they going to rectify our cashflow shortages?

Why do I need a masterplan ? So you're suggesting if the consortium stepped in they would do it without a plan ? Grow up

Why do I need a masterplan ? So you're suggesting if the consortium stepped in they would do it without a plan ? Grow up

This is one reason why some people are 'against' the consortium coming in.

Nobody knows what they want, or how they are going to do it. But hey, thats fine - cant be any worse than Ron right?

Frying pan... fire...

Calm down. I don't understand why you're so aggressive all the time.

So you want the Consortium to take over. That's all I wanted to know. Out of interest what out of all the bundles of information that the Consortium have given us about themselves and their plans are attracting you to them?

The Consortium have said that they will only take over in the event of an Administration. Would your efforts not be better spent on getting them to change their mind?

Last edited:
Back