• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

I thought it was OK, but paled in comparison to his much darker earlier stuff. The other ep about the 2 blokes virtually shagging was much worse, the kind of plot a teenager dreams of.

Bloke looks at social media too much shocker. It was out of character for a BM story and with less swearing it could have been on ITV3 in the afternoon.

There's obviously a different dynamic in the new series to examine the power stucture in Gilead.Will be interesting to compare it to Margaret Atwood's sequel to her novel due later this year.Not many writers get to update their dystopias.Orwell and Huxley didn't for exampe.

Last night's was much better. Directed by Amma Assante so perhaps that had something to do with it.

Finished Mum - really enjoyed it, an easy watch and with so many Mike Leigh actors in it it's almost like and ML sitcom. I like that it's quite gentle and mainstream on the surface, but it has a dark heart.

Going to finish S1 of Killing Eve tonight. While I've enjoyed it, I don't quite see what all the fuss is about. I'll stick with it though.

Going to finish S1 of Killing Eve tonight. While I've enjoyed it, I don't quite see what all the fuss is about. I'll stick with it though.

Wait until you get to S2. :Snore:

Another series on a terrible wane in Black Mirror. Again, take out the swearing and the Miley Cyrus one could have been on CBBC. Not good, not bad just incredibly average - which is something Black Mirror never was until now.

MC's version of Head Like A Hole was pretty damn good though!

Wait until you get to S2. :Snore:

Another series on a terrible wane in Black Mirror. Again, take out the swearing and the Miley Cyrus one could have been on CBBC. Not good, not bad just incredibly average - which is something Black Mirror never was until now.

MC's version of Head Like A Hole was pretty damn good though!

I thought Fighting Vipers was black mirror quality, a real head ****. The other two I agree were very average.

The Confession Tapes on Netflix. The account of wrongful convictions from some incredibly suspect confessions where the accused it put under terrible pressure by the "justice department". Along the lines of Making A Murderer, but US justice is seemingly no better than some tin-pot dictatorship. Shocking.

Three episodes in to Stranger Things.

They are laying on the 80s nostalgia with a trowel and it's a bit much.

It is definitely being pitched at the teen audience.

Three episodes in to Stranger Things.

They are laying on the 80s nostalgia with a trowel and it's a bit much.

It is definitely being pitched at the teen audience.

Watched the first two and it is a bit of an 80s pastiche, but I suppose El & the rest are now hormonal teenagers so they'd be more likely to wallow in fashion and music.

Up to episode 7 of Stranger Things 3 and it has been fantastic so far.
I'm half way through and loving it too. I really like how they've split the characters into groups and have got them following different leads this time. Right now I have no idea how it's all going to come together. Also, Steve Harrison has gone from being my least favourite character in S1 to my favourite in S3.

Back