• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

Just finished watching My Grandad's War. Quite extraordinary story. Well worth finding on iplayer.

The first half of the final series of BoJack Horseman. So, so clever, tragic and funny all at once. I'll miss it when it ends.

Who killed little Gregory.....Netflix.

Shades of Madeline McCann but with further twists.....Well worth a watch

War of the worlds.

Second episode worse than the first.

The screenwriters have completely diverged from the original novel just to cram in a female lead and the flash forwards are a terrible idea because we already know the Invaders are defeated.

Last edited:
I think I can see what they are trying to do. Maybe just seeing it from a different angle. After all, there's already the original book and two films, so making the same version was probably something they didn't want to do.

I'm enjoying it, but I think they are slightly overdoing the relationship side of things, at the detriment of the actual story. It's almost like the martian invasion is a sub-plot.

Also not sure about the hopping backwards and forwards in time. This happens a lot in dramas these days. It would be better told in chronological order. It almost looks like the future scenes were cut for episode four and they had to shorten it to three episodes.

Overall, the effects and such are really quite excellent for a drama. The story just drifts a bit.

That said, I'm looking forward to the final part.

Continuing to enjoy Gold Digger

It seems to be taking a character each week and making them the lead for that episode, which works well.

War of the worlds.

The screenwriters have completely diverged from the original novel just to cram in a female lead and the flash forwards are a terrible idea because we already know the Invaders are defeated.

Weirdly I'm loving it as a show

War of the worlds.

I’m. With you on this, I will watch the last episode but i know I will be disappointed- it really is crap,
It’s badly acted, the story is full of holes, there is lots of divergence from the book- which is fine if it’s good- but it’s not.
I cant connect with the main character at all

They were all enjoyable to watch. This series has got to be the highest standard there has been.

Oh I don't know, James Cracknell and Anneka Rice were truly dreadful - and David James wasn't much better!

I always look for those who are novices to begin with, and Chris and Alex are both doing amazing, think it should be Alex to go this week though. Karim has a little too much of a dancing background for me, Kelvin and Oti are my winners.

Oh I don't know, James Cracknell and Anneka Rice were truly dreadful - and David James wasn't much better!

I always look for those who are novices to begin with, and Chris and Alex are both doing amazing, think it should be Alex to go this week though. Karim has a little too much of a dancing background for me, Kelvin and Oti are my winners.
Well done for calling both dance-off couples. Not a lot to choose between the two but probably it was right that Alex bowed out. If the standard continues then I think Chris will be gone next week.

Not terribly impressed with WotW last night, thought the short series started really well then went downhill from there, sadly.

Back