• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I think I read something in the echo the other week about illegal immigrants working there and they had their licence revoked

That was Il Padrinos on Shorefield road.

Just walked past Pasta Pia and the mystery is solved. They have redecorated and are now open for business again.

Didn't exchange contracts Friday - the woman we're buying from asked a question about who is responsible for leaks in the flat she's buying which meant it wasn't going to happen; didn't exchange contracts Monday, my solicitor wasn't it, and no-one told me or picked up her emails; didn't exchange contracts yesterday, turns out there was an outstanding search on the one the woman we're buying from is buying....by the time that was sorted, the solicitor for my lender had gone home for the afternoon and no-one was able to authorise the drawdown of mortgage funds!

Honestly, house buying is such a bloody unnecessarily stressful process! It must go today though or we can't complete Monday.

Didn't exchange contracts Friday - the woman we're buying from asked a question about who is responsible for leaks in the flat she's buying which meant it wasn't going to happen; didn't exchange contracts Monday, my solicitor wasn't it, and no-one told me or picked up her emails; didn't exchange contracts yesterday, turns out there was an outstanding search on the one the woman we're buying from is buying....by the time that was sorted, the solicitor for my lender had gone home for the afternoon and no-one was able to authorise the drawdown of mortgage funds!

Honestly, house buying is such a bloody unnecessarily stressful process! It must go today though or we can't complete Monday.

Fingers crossed it sorts out for you.
We exchanged and completed on the same day on our previous property but wouldn't recommend it unless absolutely necessary.

People quote the perfect storm, well you need the perfect storm for everything to go right on house buying. There's just too many things to stop or hold up the process, some a total surprise that you couldn't possibly account for. Anyway, good luck OBL.

So, is this practice for when you reach retirement age MK? Are you going to be one of those elderly mature gentlemen that use a Whatsapp video to complain to the BBC about stuff?:Winking:

Very probably. Use the lead in the park by all means, but when you're walking down the road?

Why is it that going through security at Heathrow, you are allowed to keep your shoes & belt on, & your wallet in your pocket, yet doing the same at JFK in NY, you have to remove them?.
Surely the security at all national airports is the same, especially so in all USA airports?.

Exchange failed again. Now bear in mind that we are the bottom of the chain, cash buyers, buying a house where the owner is going into a flat which is being vacated as the owners are going back to live with parents, so, a short chain.

Suddenly, out of the blue, just when my solicitor offers the exchange, we get told the people at the top cannot complete on Monday, as planned as they are on holiday and don't want to complete until 10th June! I mean, seriously....what are their agents and their solicitors doing not knowing this information until now?!!!

Anyway, hubby throws toys right out of the pram, throws plenty of strops and threatens to walk unless the one we're buying vacates, as she had always promised to do rather than hold the sale up - she always said she wanted it done as soon as possible and would be prepared to do this. Lots of going backwards and forwards, we offered her storage if she needed it, but she arranges to move into a friend's temporarily vacant property between her sale and her completion. Happy days we all think. Momentary problem when the friend won't allow the four cats to go with her, and we get asked to home the cats until she completes, with her providing cat litter and food - errr....no....hubby is badly allergic to them and we have builders coming in! She finds a solution and tells her solicitor to accept the exchange.

By now it's 4.40, my solicitor has been hanging on the phone for 28 minutes waiting to speak to the woman's solicitor, only to be told that she's told her client not to exchange as they're not ready at the top again! Cue more irate phone calls to agent in the middle, who do their best to sort things out, which they do, but after 5 pm.

We have been promised it will happen tomorrow. We will see what tomorrow brings! :Scared:

Exchange failed again. Now bear in mind that we are the bottom of the chain, cash buyers, buying a house where the owner is going into a flat which is being vacated as the owners are going back to live with parents, so, a short chain.

Suddenly, out of the blue, just when my solicitor offers the exchange, we get told the people at the top cannot complete on Monday, as planned as they are on holiday and don't want to complete until 10th June! I mean, seriously....what are their agents and their solicitors doing not knowing this information until now?!!!

Anyway, hubby throws toys right out of the pram, throws plenty of strops and threatens to walk unless the one we're buying vacates, as she had always promised to do rather than hold the sale up - she always said she wanted it done as soon as possible and would be prepared to do this. Lots of going backwards and forwards, we offered her storage if she needed it, but she arranges to move into a friend's temporarily vacant property between her sale and her completion. Happy days we all think. Momentary problem when the friend won't allow the four cats to go with her, and we get asked to home the cats until she completes, with her providing cat litter and food - errr....no....hubby is badly allergic to them and we have builders coming in! She finds a solution and tells her solicitor to accept the exchange.

By now it's 4.40, my solicitor has been hanging on the phone for 28 minutes waiting to speak to the woman's solicitor, only to be told that she's told her client not to exchange as they're not ready at the top again! Cue more irate phone calls to agent in the middle, who do their best to sort things out, which they do, but after 5 pm.

We have been promised it will happen tomorrow. We will see what tomorrow brings! :Scared:

Dear God, you couldn't make that scenario up if you tried. Must be so stressful, doubt you'll sleep well tonight, but all the best for tomorrow. x

Dear God, you couldn't make that scenario up if you tried. Must be so stressful, doubt you'll sleep well tonight, but all the best for tomorrow. x

Thank you, I have taken a sleeping tablet!!! Kev meanwhile has a 3.50 am Gatwick pick up, his sleep will be much worse, but at least he should be asleep in the morning when it finally goes through!

Thank you, I have taken a sleeping tablet!!! Kev meanwhile has a 3.50 am Gatwick pick up, his sleep will be much worse, but at least he should be asleep in the morning when it finally goes through!

And if all goe's to plan, you can wake him with a Bacon sarnie, & give him the good news. ( Optional whether your wearing your Ann Summers Nightie at the time! ). x

That was Il Padrinos on Shorefield road.

Just walked past Pasta Pia and the mystery is solved. They have redecorated and are now open for business again.

The Padrino,actually. 4 of us were due to eat there after the Sunderland game but went to the Shagor instead because of their licencing problems.Pity, it's a nice place.Remember it well from its days as Mama Mia.Same owner apparently.

The Padrino,actually. 4 of us were due to eat there after the Sunderland game but went to the Shagor instead because of their licencing problems.Pity, it's a nice place.Remember it well from its days as Mama Mia.Same owner apparently.
I think you will find that they still have a licence for alcohol.

Why is it that going through security at Heathrow, you are allowed to keep your shoes & belt on, & your wallet in your pocket, yet doing the same at JFK in NY, you have to remove them?.
Surely the security at all national airports is the same, especially so in all USA airports?.

You must look very trustworthy BBBL I am always told to remove shoes, belt and empty pockets at all London airports including Heathrow.

In fact every airport I've been too in the past 5 years.

Unless I just look a wrongun :ROFL:

You must look very trustworthy BBBL I am always told to remove shoes, belt and empty pockets at all London airports including Heathrow.

In fact every airport I've been too in the past 5 years.

Unless I just look a wrongun :ROFL:

I insist on a body cavity search.

It's best to be safe.

You also have to do all this nonsense at Southend airport (not elsewhere in the EU (including Barna).

Back