• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It costs 15 quid a head to stand and watch that. As for the smoke I believe it was a show of solidarity with the Aussies.

I went in 2000 and it was free. I was surprised the Aussie’s had theirs I know they considered not doing it due to the fires.

I must have been watching different fireworks as madam and I thought they were fantastic! Beauty, as they say, is in the eye of the beholder. Craig David was pretty good too, better than I remembered him.

I know he took some bird out on a Monday, and he rushed things, and she was gone by Sunday.

Yes mate, coming up 4 years in april?☺

Nice, where abouts do you work? I worked for Swissport and left in 2006. Enjoyed my time at Stansted. It was BAA then and they were terrible but I’ve heard MAG are really good to work for. Logistically Stansted would be better for me than London City, so in the future I’ll probably look to come back.

Nice, where abouts do you work? I worked for Swissport and left in 2006. Enjoyed my time at Stansted. It was BAA then and they were terrible but I’ve heard MAG are really good to work for. Logistically Stansted would be better for me than London City, so in the future I’ll probably look to come back.
Yeah I did swissport for nearly 3 years, awfully managed company that made Ryanair look really bad, now I work for blue handling who have turned it around really quickly and things are improving all the time, really good to work for apart from some of the hours which you expect at the airport, if you work at city airport we came down to walthamstow to play city airport in October I think it was, you had a much younger and better squad than us but we managed to get a 3-3 draw, youve got some good players, we are trying to get a friendly against Luton either the end of January or early February, we’ve managed to play around 6 games from June up to now against different sides:Thumbs up:

Just been refused service at a McDonald's drive thru because I was on my mountain bike.

A Rosa Parks moment but worse because it was discrimination against me.

Just been refused service at a McDonald's drive thru because I was on my mountain bike.

A Rosa Parks moment but worse because it was discrimination against me.
They were being kind to you, all that came sugar and M.E. meat product would NOT be good for you.

Social Care workers at Southend Hosp. My 92 yr old step dad, been in there 3 weeks out of the last 4, he's on his last legs, got mega problems.
No way can he cope at his Flat on his own, despite carers popping in 4 times a day. Social all to happy to have him put in a Care home, until they realised he lives in a council flat, & dosn't have the capital to pay the exorbitant amount they require every week ( cash cows ).
They are now adamant he goe's home, where he will die within a week or so as he needs 24 hr constant care.
Basically being penalised as he dosn't own his home & cant pay his own way. His only income is his pension.
We've got a meeting with the Social Carers tomorrow morning, appreciate they come up against this type of scenario regularly, but disgusting way to treat a very ill old man.
Bring it on, I've had more than enough meetings in Boardrooms in my lifetime, to know when to listen, absorb the words, & then counter-attack .

Social Care workers at Southend Hosp. My 92 yr old step dad, been in there 3 weeks out of the last 4, he's on his last legs, got mega problems.
No way can he cope at his Flat on his own, despite carers popping in 4 times a day. Social all to happy to have him put in a Care home, until they realised he lives in a council flat, & dosn't have the capital to pay the exorbitant amount they require every week ( cash cows ).
They are now adamant he goe's home, where he will die within a week or so as he needs 24 hr constant care.
Basically being penalised as he dosn't own his home & cant pay his own way. His only income is his pension.
We've got a meeting with the Social Carers tomorrow morning, appreciate they come up against this type of scenario regularly, but disgusting way to treat a very ill old man.
Bring it on, I've had more than enough meetings in Boardrooms in my lifetime, to know when to listen, absorb the words, & then counter-attack .

Good luck.But calm down before you take them on.This is one of the biggest rip offs in modern day sociey and not just in the UK unfortunately.

Sad stuff BB, we had that with my Mum and getting her out of hospital. Social workers tried bullying etc so I got out a note pad and started making notes of their answers to my reasonable worries and questions. Upshot was she went to rehab place at bottom of Prittlewell Chase to be assessed and helped, eventually, a month later and much stronger, she did get home. Stick with it.

Very sad Tony. My in-laws got penalised because they did have savings and owned their home. So you are stuffed if you haven't got money, and stuffed if you have. My Father-in-law very sadly passed away, and then my Mother-in-law got dementia where she wasn't safe at home, or to be left alone. So had to go in a care home for good, and the government took all the savings and sold the house to pay for her care, despite everything being left in the will to his wife and the three daughters. Absolutely ruthless. My Father-in-law worked his whole life starting at 14, and was never out of work for more than a week, until the day he retired. He always said he was driven so that he could leave them all something. I understand and agree some of that should help with her care, but not the lot. But there you go, this is what it's come to.
I hope you have a good outcome Tony. Your step dad deserves better in his final days.

Very sad Tony. My in-laws got penalised because they did have savings and owned their home. So you are stuffed if you haven't got money, and stuffed if you have. My Father-in-law very sadly passed away, and then my Mother-in-law got dementia where she wasn't safe at home, or to be left alone. So had to go in a care home for good, and the government took all the savings and sold the house to pay for her care, despite everything being left in the will to his wife and the three daughters. Absolutely ruthless. My Father-in-law worked his whole life starting at 14, and was never out of work for more than a week, until the day he retired. He always said he was driven so that he could leave them all something. I understand and agree some of that should help with her care, but not the lot. But there you go, this is what it's come to.
I hope you have a good outcome Tony. Your step dad deserves better in his final days.

Ronnie, your FIL was of the exact mould my step dad of 48 years is. Todays meeting was like banging your head against a brick wall. The Social worker was nice enough, but she has her agenda to follow by her superiors etc, & is only a cog in the wheel.
Told her if you send him home, you might as well sign his death certificate today. But hey-ho they will send carers in 4 times per day. Just like a month ago, when half the time they never showed up, then medication went missing ( Co-codomol ) etc.
Only positive is, his council Flat is run by Sanctuary Housing & is 2 bed roomed. We phoned them after the pointless meeting ( all they seemed interested in, was whether he owned his home, or could we pay for private care ( more bloodsucking than vampires? ).
Sanctuary were very helpful, because we dangled the carrot of his 2 bedroomed Flat. Sending us forms to fill in, then pretty confident they can get him in a warden run Sanctuary home in Rayleigh area, where he would have similar to a bedsit, which is all he needs.
Poor old fella, hard of hearing, get's confused when confronted by Social workers/ Carers when they spout all their official data at him, & they know that as well.
Ronnie, you have gone through this so sad scenario like i have on more than one occasion. The way we treat our elderly, is 100% disgusting. Will it ever change?, i doubt it.
Just hope when my number is called, it's when i'm out for a run, my heart calls it a day, & a swift exit.
No way do i want to end up in Hosp vegetating away over a period of time. Got 100% praise & respect for all those Ward Nurses & fellow workers ( apart from Southbourne Ward on 4th Floor, totally useless ), they do a fantastic job, but their hands are tied somewhat when Social Workers appear on the scene.

Yes Tony, having dealt with the Social Carer team and the Dementia team, their priority seems to be finance first and then care second. In the old days that was the other way around. It really is a sad state of affairs, especially when a loved one is involved. When pushed, they say their hands are tied.

Back