• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I've been buying the Covent Garden Soup Co.'s product from Tesco recently. It is £1 at the moment 'better than half price'. Yesterday in a Tesco express it was £1.15 'half price'. Today, back in a Tesco metro it was £1. This price inconsistency has officially hacked me off... especially from a global brand.

I've been buying the Covent Garden Soup Co.'s product from Tesco recently. It is £1 at the moment 'better than half price'. Yesterday in a Tesco express it was £1.15 'half price'. Today, back in a Tesco metro it was £1. This price inconsistency has officially hacked me off... especially from a global brand.

I like The Lentil Touch.

The huge spike in flight and accommodation costs for the February half term.

£700 Southend -> Geneva return.

Same flights in March - £73

Hope so mate, hopefully the Government will help as well. A lot of jobs rely on them, not just with the airline.

I’ve got a good friend that works for the airline. He’s spent years of his life and lots of money to get to the point he’s at to become a pilot. Took him ages to get a airline job. I really don’t want to see them go under. All fingers crossed for them.

I posted on here a few weeks ago of one of my experiences with Hermes, where it took them 6 attempts to deliver a small parcel to me, with each driver marking it down as delivered, one even forging my signature(nothing like mine). I got it in the end which proved the drivers were lying, and that the parcel was still with Hermes, even tho they kept saying I had it. Anyway, this doesn't surprise me.
https://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/18...-shocking-mess-leaked-photos-yorkshire-depot/
10895000.jpg

Make sure you carry scabs (self adhesive puncture repair patches) and tyre levers. The plastic Park Tool levers are great.

Yeah I may have to. The first was when I got my bike out of the cycle store last week, the second when I got it out of the shed this morning. I try and avoid long grass as I've been caught before so no idea how these happened as it was fine when I got home last evening.

Being treated like a **** by Apple.

Three grand laptop failed twice with the same issue in 15 months and they won't fix or replace.

Being treated like a **** by Apple.

Three grand laptop failed twice with the same issue in 15 months and they won't fix or replace.

I take some of it back. Free repair however I have still had to endure a trip round the loop.

Last edited:
Haha well I am semi retired now!
Most of you are aware of my profession within the NHS and of my role within the care Sector.
I have seen and heard most things in Older People care and I have to add that if any of you were to develop dementia (heaven forbid you don’t) then statistically one of the best areas for care of the person with dementia is actually Southend.
The rules around care payments in my view are very unfair and if you work and save hard and then need care you end paying yourself however, if you spend all and don’t save the local authority will find care but, your choices of care is very much restricted.
Thankfully I haven’t had to deal with this situation yet, but for both my mum and my in-laws we have put the houses into separate family trusts
I can’t sell the house without my mum agreeing, so she is protected ( and obviously I wouldn’t anyway). By being in trust it isn’t my mums asset and therefore the council have no rights to it.l should she go into a home
That’s the idea anyway, hopefully I will never have to put it to the test. Theoretically i could also rent the house , the money goes to the trust and I could use this to get her into a nicer home.
Something everyone should consider and obviously get good advice
Ps- everyone should also consider doing lasting pier of atonerney forms for both Heath and finances - again in my opinion

Thankfully I haven’t had to deal with this situation yet, but for both my mum and my in-laws we have put the houses into separate family trusts
I can’t sell the house without my mum agreeing, so she is protected ( and obviously I wouldn’t anyway). By being in trust it isn’t my mums asset and therefore the council have no rights to it.l should she go into a home
That’s the idea anyway, hopefully I will never have to put it to the test. Theoretically i could also rent the house , the money goes to the trust and I could use this to get her into a nicer home.
Ps- everyone should also consider doing lasting pier of atonerney forms for both Heath and finances - again in my opinion
Very sound words, especially the power of attorney bit; I would add that folk should be sure to have proper, recorded, registered wills (kept simple) that those left behind know all about with no secrets. Funeral plans and costs are fairly hefty these days too.
Probate is fairly simple if the will is clear and valid, don't pay thousands for a solicitors clerk to do it..

Putting a property into a trust isn’t a fool-proof scheme and can be challenged by the local council as a means of avoiding care costs.

Putting a property into a trust isn’t a fool-proof scheme and can be challenged by the local council as a means of avoiding care costs.
Totally agree, which is what I was referring to when I said “ that’s the idea anyway” . That’s which why I recommend getting good advice and doing it sooner rather than later—- before there are any a medical notes suggesting that care may be likely.
To me It’s an insurance, like all insurances you hope you never have to use it and then hope if you do that it pays out. Good research and advice pushes up the chances of it paying out.
I’m sure there are some experts on here who deal with this in a regular basis in a professional capacity who could provide advice.

To my family the cost vs potential benefit made it a no brainier. My dad would turn in his grave if everything he had worked for wasn’t passed down the family. Again I hope that it was a waste of money and I never have to use it

Back