• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Some parents are unbelievable. So in Burry Port, Wales, on the beach, the parents let their 2 kids play and be photo'd in front of this strange metal object with barnacles on it.
Now the big clue's are that's it's obviously old, been in the sea for quite a while, metal, and has military style letters and numbers, and of course the shape of the top. DOH.
So yes, it's an unstable World War 2 military mine bomb. The boy was banging on the top of the bomb.
''So the buoy my kids were jumping on all weekend, turn out to be a WWII bomb. Oops!!'' Kelly's husband tweeted jokingly.
The Navy blew it up the next day.
wns_family_bomb_01_jc_150819_16x9_992.jpg

Some parents are unbelievable. So in Burry Port, Wales, on the beach, the parents let their 2 kids play and be photo'd in front of this strange metal object with barnacles on it.
Now the big clue's are that's it's obviously old, been in the sea for quite a while, metal, and has military style letters and numbers, and of course the shape of the top. DOH.
So yes, it's an unstable World War 2 military mine bomb. The boy was banging on the top of the bomb.
''So the buoy my kids were jumping on all weekend, turn out to be a WWII bomb. Oops!!'' Kelly's husband tweeted jokingly.
The Navy blew it up the next day.
wns_family_bomb_01_jc_150819_16x9_992.jpg
:Takethat:

Some people!

Shyster robbing Care homes for the elderly. As some on here are aware, my 92 yr old step dad passed away last Fri evening.
After 6 weeks in Southend Hosp, they wanted him out & we managed to get his 'end of life' care in a Home in Rayleigh. NHS subsidised it but we still had to contribute £260 per week towards the £950 they charged!!.
He was in there for exactly 1 week, yet i got an invoice today for 15 days, totalling £527.
I phoned & queried it, and firstly was told that although he died Fri evening, the Dr. didn't turn up to confirm it till 2.05am Sat morning, so they charge for saturday being the 8th day.
We went back Sat lunchtime to get his stuff, & the room had already had a 'make over' ready for the next poor old person to go there.
Then was told the contract stipulates if the room isn't filled for the next 7 days, we have to pay for that week as well!. I replied that's not our problem if no-ones in it, & we're only 1/2 way through the 2nd week, so how can you charge me for whole week, & how do we know no-one is in the room?.
Their answer, because the Home have told them no-ones there ( of course they'd say that? ).
They said they'd wait till Friday & ask the Home if the rooms been taken?. No prizes for what they will say.
Money robbing conniving 'cash cows' or what?.
I could make a scene as i looked in the Laundry room, & they were washing bed sheets with personal clothing items at the same temp, FFS!. But just glad poor Ern is at peace now, & wasn't in there for a few weeks.

You're right, they're money grubbing thieves - no other way of putting it. My mother-in-law was in a care home for nine months. As she had her own property, there was no entitlement for residential subsidies from any Govt. agency other than a care grant of around £145 a week. That didn't make much of a dent in the homes' fee's of £1650 of week. A middle-of-the-road place cost-wise, it was the only one in the area to offer care from residency through to end of life. She passed just before Christmas and although we cleared her room within twelve hours, they still lumped an extra charge of 4 days residency from date of passing so they could "deep clean the room". Absolute daylight robbery. Of those nine months, about two were spent in hospital but of course she still had to pay full whack for her room. When she did eat, it probably amounted to a bowl of soup, maybe a sandwich and a few cups of tea a day. One wonders how some of these business owners can sleep at night but guess to them it's just business. Oh, and money of course.....
Gonna leave it there as I'm starting to get wound up about it...... :Scared:

You're right, they're money grubbing thieves - no other way of putting it. When she did eat, it probably amounted to a bowl of soup, maybe a sandwich and a few cups of tea a day. One wonders how some of these business owners can sleep at night but guess to them it's just business. Oh, and money of course.....
:Scared:

You have my sincere sympathy KevinJH, your right about the food. All poor Ern managed a day was a couple of cups of tea, 1/3rd of a Yoghurt, & 4-5 spoonfuls of crushed banana & custard for £950 per week.
Believe it or not, one day when my step sister was in his room with the manageress of the home ( IMO slimy little uncaring Indian woman, & that's not being racist, but a fact ) she asked my sister if she wanted to change his nappy FFS!.
When we collected his sparse belongings, she had the audacity to let her know when his funeral is!.
Totally disgusting care & false feelings. As you say enough said.

Back in the office after two days "working" from home. Zelda isn't going to complete itself......

You're right, they're money grubbing thieves - no other way of putting it. My mother-in-law was in a care home for nine months. As she had her own property, there was no entitlement for residential subsidies from any Govt. agency other than a care grant of around £145 a week. That didn't make much of a dent in the homes' fee's of £1650 of week. A middle-of-the-road place cost-wise, it was the only one in the area to offer care from residency through to end of life. She passed just before Christmas and although we cleared her room within twelve hours, they still lumped an extra charge of 4 days residency from date of passing so they could "deep clean the room". Absolute daylight robbery. Of those nine months, about two were spent in hospital but of course she still had to pay full whack for her room. When she did eat, it probably amounted to a bowl of soup, maybe a sandwich and a few cups of tea a day. One wonders how some of these business owners can sleep at night but guess to them it's just business. Oh, and money of course.....
Gonna leave it there as I'm starting to get wound up about it...... :Scared:

I know a guy, a friend of a friend who owns care homes and he rakes it in. He seems a nice guy on the face of things but obviously has a lot of money and I do wonder if these people are oblivious to the immorality of these homes. I think they genuinely think they are doing a good thing. Straying dangerously close to politics but these homes should be state run or at least regulated in what they charge because the profits these people make are ridiculous!

I know a guy, a friend of a friend who owns care homes and he rakes it in. He seems a nice guy on the face of things but obviously has a lot of money and I do wonder if these people are oblivious to the immorality of these homes. I think they genuinely think they are doing a good thing. Straying dangerously close to politics but these homes should be state run or at least regulated in what they charge because the profits these people make are ridiculous!

I also knew of someone who used to run a care home and he managed it with care and due diligence.

It's not immoral. It's supply and demand. Sure, nationalise it, but we're dealing with a ageing population, less spending on healthcare, rising property prices, etc etc. Other countries deal with the elderly better. Check out Thailand https://www.theguardian.com/society...land-provide-better-dementia-care-than-the-uk

I also knew of someone who used to run a care home and he managed it with care and due diligence.

It's not immoral. It's supply and demand. Sure, nationalise it, but we're dealing with a ageing population, less spending on healthcare, rising property prices, etc etc. Other countries deal with the elderly better. Check out Thailand https://www.theguardian.com/society...land-provide-better-dementia-care-than-the-uk

When you look at KevinJH's post talking about fee's of £1650 a week I think it is hard to argue that it is not immoral given the vast profits they make. In my old career in B2B electrical appliance sales we used to deal with Jewish care and whilst I can't remember the exact figures, they explained how they ran these homes for non profit supported by donations from wealthy Jewish business people and how the cost of running them was a tiny fraction of what most homes charged for care. A shame that they only care for Jewish elderly people.

My dear dementia suffering friend in his 80s has been in a local care home for 9 months. Visiting weekly as I do, I see the love, care and attention the residents receive. OK it's bloody expensive but he is well cared for. It is just a crying shame that not all residential care homes are of a similar standard. Scary IMHO.

Back