• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Council have just finished cutting the grass verges in the avenue. It's getting on for 6 weeks since they were last cut there was a fair bit of cut long grass everywhere. So then along comes the young lady with the blower and our car is now black in colour with a hint of a grass skirt all along one side.
That infuriates me, I don't understand why they use those blowers as all they do is spread the grass all over the place!

They were cutting grass round here with a strimmer. It just makes a mess and doesn’t do my hayfever any favours.

That infuriates me, I don't understand why they use those blowers as all they do is spread the grass all over the place!
It is daft but elf and hapney likely dictates someone somewhere tripped or slipped on grass on the paving and a no win no fee no morals solicitor likely has a sideline in robbing public finances if that sort of thing happens and the full risk assessment isn't adhered to.

Spending time every day trying to get through to Tui on one of the phone lines they advised to use in their communication a few weeks to go. Eventually when I did, I got a recorded message saying to use a different number. Couldn't get through yesterday (10 x tried), tried this morning, and it's shut at the weekend!

We're due to go on 17th June, clearly not, and just want to move our holiday to next year! Their Twitter handlers are now not responding to anyone either.

There's someone with the same name as me who uses my email address. Now this has been going on for years - hasn't it hit him that he's not getting any emails? Today I got a receipt from Dunelm Mill.... mate, if you're bin doesn't work (unlikely) you ain't taking it back.

Working from home and the internet goes down, phone up provider and they say it will take at least 24 hours to a week to fix. Phone work and tell them, they said come into work. Go into work but there's no free computer there for me to use. Tried working on my tablet for a while.

Gave up and went home and when I got home was told that the internet came back on just as I was leaving to go into work. ?

There's someone with the same name as me who uses my email address. Now this has been going on for years - hasn't it hit him that he's not getting any emails? Today I got a receipt from Dunelm Mill.... mate, if you're bin doesn't work (unlikely) you ain't taking it back.

Has he got your same taste in films? :Hilarious:

I've been bitten to buggery over the last few weeks more thasn usual IMHO. Really bloody itchy.

Try this, it worked for me last year, they home in on me like flies to poo!. Sounds daft but it works & you smell good as well.
Buy a small bottle of any flavour Listermint or similar, dilute whole bottle with 50% water, put in spray bottle & spray over exposed arms & legs etc. They hate the minty odour.

Try this, it worked for me last year, they home in on me like flies to poo!. Sounds daft but it works & you smell good as well.
Buy a small bottle of any flavour Listermint or similar, dilute whole bottle with 50% water, put in spray bottle & spray over exposed arms & legs etc. They hate the minty odour.
What am I gonna smell like?
Seriously I've heard mozzies attack people with blood type O as it's for their reproduction and they always go for where the veins are close to the surface(ankles and elbows)being favourite.

What am I gonna smell like?
Seriously I've heard mozzies attack people with blood type O as it's for their reproduction and they always go for where the veins are close to the surface(ankles and elbows)being favourite.

No idea what my blood type is, but it certainly attracts them. I get bitten then next 2 days, they swell up like Gobstoppers!.
If any of them manage to find an exposed area of flesh i've missed with the spray, i find white vinegar ( def worse odour than Listermint mixture! ) or Calamine greatly help.

No idea what my blood type is, but it certainly attracts them. I get bitten then next 2 days, they swell up like Gobstoppers!.
If any of them manage to find an exposed area of flesh i've missed with the spray, i find white vinegar ( def worse odour than Listermint mixture! ) or Calamine greatly help.
I always use jungle rep so was interested in what OBL was saying, last year I got bitten and my arm was the same size as my thigh!
My doctor once sent me for an xray on my ankle after football training where I had a slight knock.
My ankle was like a balloon and I knew it was training in the evening and a bite.
The guy doing the xray told me he'd being doing it 20 years and it was broken before he even done it!
It wasn't and to this day my doctor wont give me the injection for hayfever!

Back