• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Got my banking done this morning, there was a 15 person queue at opening time. Mostly older folk. Staff at HSBC at top of High Street were doing a very good job managing it. However there was an oldie, in his 80s, I'd guess and he was very confused and unsure, and he was 3 persons ahead of me and still being helped when I left. He was SO not "with it" and partly deaf, it seems his mail is going missing and other residents in his flats are not nice. I think the staff are trying to get social services or police involved as he is, imo, sadly vulnerable and alone.

I went to get some cash from my bank this afternoon, the opening hours are, vivid special, 10am until just 2pm
so my trip at 3 was wasted.
How is it safer to have restricted opening hours making closer packed, fuller branches?

I had to get a new llibretta (bankbook) from my local branch of La Caixa a few weeks back.The woman inside was clearly terrified of dealing with a real live customer in the present circumstances (my wife had the same problem with her a few days later).There are a lot of things you can do via the hole in the wall including getting cash and paying council bills (as I did earlier today but not a new bankbook).The opening hours here are now mornings only too.

I get really annoyed when I receive a cheque.

It's so inconvenient - unless it is for a large sum or one of those giant cheques used for photo ops.

Got my banking done this morning, there was a 15 person queue at opening time. Mostly older folk. Staff at HSBC at top of High Street were doing a very good job managing it. However there was an oldie, in his 80s, I'd guess and he was very confused and unsure, and he was 3 persons ahead of me and still being helped when I left. He was SO not "with it" and partly deaf, it seems his mail is going missing and other residents in his flats are not nice. I think the staff are trying to get social services or police involved as he is, imo, sadly vulnerable and alone.

And that's why counter staff are so important. It's all very well closing branches and restricting counter service but the elderly and the vulnerable will still need that personal contact.

And that's why counter staff are so important. It's all very well closing branches and restricting counter service but the elderly and the vulnerable will still need that personal contact.

I know Barclays were trying to assist the elderly and vulnerable by doing home visits and teaching them how to use online banking etc. It’s something that will just phase out with time and some are just trying to push it too quickly. Banks want to lower their amount of branch staff to save money.

Back