• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

For the first time since 1986 I am unemployed. Been made redundant due to COVID crisis. Now applying for jobs, but it’s hideous out there.

If there‘s any fellow SZ’ers in my situation you have my sympathy!

That sucks. What line of work are you in, in case any Zoners hear of available jobs?

That sucks. What line of work are you in, in case any Zoners hear of available jobs?
Thanks YB,

Was previously working as a Procurement & Supply chain manager. Speaking with a few recruitment consultants they told me the jobs market is grim, and they’re getting literally 100’s of applicants for every role.

With Furlough coming to an end sometime in the near future it’s gonna get worse before it gets better I reckon.

Thanks YB,

Was previously working as a Procurement & Supply chain manager. Speaking with a few recruitment consultants they told me the jobs market is grim, and they’re getting literally 100’s of applicants for every role.

With Furlough coming to an end sometime in the near future it’s gonna get worse before it gets better I reckon.

It is going to be a bleak winter for many.

For the first time since 1986 I am unemployed. Been made redundant due to COVID crisis. Now applying for jobs, but it’s hideous out there.

If there‘s any fellow SZ’ers in my situation you have my sympathy!

You have my sympathy. I've just started a new job (on Monday). It's a) my first perm job in about 10 years which is something I'm not happy with, and b) paying about 50% of my previous role (although the upside is enticing).

However, given the state of the economy I'd rather have this than nothing...

You have my sympathy. I've just started a new job (on Monday). It's a) my first perm job in about 10 years which is something I'm not happy with, and b) paying about 50% of my previous role (although the upside is enticing).

However, given the state of the economy I'd rather have this than nothing...

I am still waiting on my renewal so could be on the bench in three weeks time.

Thanks YB,

Good luck with the search.

If you fancy becoming a customs agent there are apparently 50,000 being recruited - it's the only way the dreaded B word is creating jobs. If you've worked with international supply chains that probably gives you an edge over most candidates.

Good luck with the search.

If you fancy becoming a customs agent there are apparently 50,000 being recruited - it's the only way the dreaded B word is creating jobs. If you've worked with international supply chains that probably gives you an edge over most candidates.
thanks !
I’ll take a look at those customs agent roles. I was previously given a heads up from an uncle who used to work for customs and excise, but you’re right there could be opportunities there. Also seems there are a lot of public sector jobs going, which I’m now applying for.

Fireworks still going off when you’re about to go to sleep for a 3am start :Frustrated:

• Angry
Reactions: ESG
Fireworks still going off when you’re about to go to sleep for a 3am start :Frustrated:
[/QUOTE]

Fireworks going off at all. I thought people were pleading poverty!

I was asked to work weekends during lockdown and found out that these, are being included in my limit of 220 billable days per year.

It has now been confirmed that I have to take six weeks of unpaid leave before Xmas.

I have already earned my years worth of money, I just don't fancy six weeks off at the moment and would rather have taken the time off when the sun was shining.

Last edited:
Back