• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I detest people who give the pathetic tiny hardly-move-one-finger ”thank you” when you let them out a junction etc.
For some reason that really gets my goat.
I believe they think they’re cool or getting the moral upper hand somehow, twots!
Yeah very vexing.. also people who pull in in front of a line of parked cars and put their hazards on.. no one can see the inside indicator. It just looks like your waiting to pull out

I detest people who give the pathetic tiny hardly-move-one-finger ”thank you” when you let them out a junction etc.
For some reason that really gets my goat.
I believe they think they’re cool or getting the moral upper hand somehow, twots!

I do that.

Sometimes I so the finger gun and wink gesture as well.

Kev's still doing the ambulance work as there's next to no taxi work, he's working a 10 am - 10 pm today. He had a regular book him a few weeks back to take him and his family to Stansted so they can return to their home in Tenerife over the winter, wanted to be picked up at 2 am.

Fine you'd think, couple of hours interruption during a decent enough night's sleep, shouldn't be a problem. They got to Stansted at 2.45 am to find the terminal locked, lots of people outside also wanting to get in, with flights around 6.00 am, as these clients were. There was even a lady sat outside the terminal in a wheelchair, who had obviously just been dropped off and left.

Turns out Stansted have this week decided to close the terminal overnight between midnight and 5 am, but there's nothing on their website, and the airlines are not advising passengers. They only found out by searching Twitter and seeing several posts by people, some of who have missed flights because of this.

With the clients being a young family, Kev wasn't going to turf them out into the dark, cold and wet night so he took them over to the rest areas where they got coffees and waited a few hours until he could drop them off.

Absolutely shocking - either the airlines should let people know that the terminal is closed overnight or the airport should have a waiting area for people where they can at least sit down in the warm as you just don't expect it to be closed.

Why do sports pundits think that it's acceptable to pluralise 'types' of clubs?

Eg. You've got your Man Us, your Liverpools, Arsenals.

I can't stand it and it's everywhere.

Maybe, like news readers, if it's not written down for them and stuck under their noses, they have trouble putting two coherent words together..... :Smile2:

Don
I agree with him.
You're another 50+ privileged white person so your agreement is as predictable as it is worthless.

Anyone of any gender who has an issue with progress like this is stuck in the past dreaming of full body bathing suits and David Cassidy performances on Top Of The Pops.

Don

You're another 50+ privileged white person so your agreement is as predictable as it is worthless.

Anyone of any gender who has an issue with progress like this is stuck in the past dreaming of full body bathing suits and David Cassidy performances on Top Of The Pops.

Daydreamer was one of his best songs.

I love women. But it's been fisherman from the year dot. So does this mean the Bible has to be re-written to change fisherman to fisherperson?

Not wanting to add to the argument one way or the other, but it is worth pointing out that your analogy isn't particularly good.

When you're talking about an individual you're describing that person, so fisherman (or even fisherwoman) is fine. That's completely different than describing a group of people that may include both males and females.

Charming as always. Maybe it's people of your generation who see issues which aren't there, which is the problem and not people of mine who hanker for simpler days and times - and it was always the Osmonds for me, never David Cassidy!

Not wanting to add to the argument one way or the other, but it is worth pointing out that your analogy isn't particularly good.

When you're talking about an individual you're describing that person, so fisherman (or even fisherwoman) is fine. That's completely different than describing a group of people that may include both males and females.
It's funny though, I don't recall a mass change to firemen and women being called "fire people"?

I wish people would stop assuming that women want change in this kind of stuff, some probably do, but I would hazard a guess that a vast majority don't.

Charming as always. Maybe it's people of your generation who see issues which aren't there, which is the problem and not people of mine who hanker for simpler days and times - and it was always the Osmonds for me, never David Cassidy!

It's funny though, I don't recall a mass change to firemen and women being called "fire people"?

I wish people would stop assuming that women want change in this kind of stuff, some probably do, but I would hazard a guess that a vast majority don't.

What, you mean like firefighters? It happened years ago.

What, you mean like firefighters? It happened years ago.

But "fighters" is a bit different to "people", don't you think? I'd be proud to have the title firefighter attached to my job, but a fishing person? Nah, not so much. I'd actually find it quite derogatory.

Back