• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Did my first lateral flow test earlier, made me gag, but a negative result thankfully.
Then thought about the numbers tested positive over the last 3 days, 330 odd thousand.
Assuming they'd all been in contact with, for arguments sake 5 people each before tested, that totals 1,650,000 people who've had their Christmas's ruined?.
I know at least 5 people who’ve tested positive in the last couple of days. It’s getting beyond a joke now.

Did my first lateral flow test earlier, made me gag, but a negative result thankfully.
Then thought about the numbers tested positive over the last 3 days, 330 odd thousand.
Assuming they'd all been in contact with, for arguments sake 5 people each before tested, that totals 1,650,000 people who've had their Christmas's ruined?.

??‍♂️

After my mum tested positive a week ago, I’ve tried to balance keeping my distance, whilst also trying to look after her.

Things were looking up a couple of days ago as her symptoms, which were pretty mild, looked to have passed, but my sister has tested positive now too, and of course, I’ve been in close contact with her.

My positive test can’t be far away at this point.

I’m not particularly scared or worried about catching it, especially if it IS the Omicron variant, (which judging by those who have *likely* had it and have no underlying issues) seems to be not much more than a bad cold.

But my missus’ parents are very vulnerable, (one a cancer survivor and the other a heart bypass) so the key is to protect them now. It’s obviously affected plans, but Christmas is just a day and that can be replicated when everyone is fit and healthy again.

The Long Haired Wing Commander has tested positive for COVID. :Sad:

Best wishes Matt. As I said above, Omicron seems to be very mild compared to previous strains, which is a positive in itself.

From what I understand, (not being a virologist of course), Omicron doesn’t drop down into the lungs, and is staying in the bronchial tubes instead, making it less dangerous.

Don’t get me wrong, I still don’t fancy a dose, but I would be cautiously positive that this is good news compared to what we were dealing with a year ago.

Cadbury Roses sweets. They've changed the wrappers from unwrap to tear open packaging. Do you think I can undo the buggers? Well at least I won't eat too many I suppose.:Sad:

Cadbury Roses sweets. They've changed the wrappers from unwrap to tear open packaging. Do you think I can undo the buggers? Well at least I won't eat too many I suppose.:Sad:
Did this a few years back! Where've you been?!

Bummer, that blows you out for tomorrow and Sunday Matt?
Yep it does indeed, last game I went to was the Woking at home game. I’m seriously starved of football!

Today's postponement means I've now got to endure the delayed family Boxing day afternoon. And I've got to drive. Anyone up for a new game called LFT swapsies?

Today's postponement means I've now got to endure the delayed family Boxing day afternoon. And I've got to drive. Anyone up for a new game called LFT swapsies?
I’ve got a picture of a positive one if that helps :Smile:

When I first started driving aged 17 I was into the modified car scene. Back in the height of the Max Power magazine days. I had a Saxo with a massive exhaust that sounded a lot faster than it really was, it was lowered and my favourite part was I had tinted windows.

Now I was naive and wasn’t aware that on your front two windows and windscreen they are already tinted to the maximum allowed. Because of this one evening whilst hooning it around Chelmsford I was pulled over by the police. They put a tester on my front windows and told me they were illegal. I was told to remove the tint and on top of that given 3 points and a £60 fine! Not the best thing you want in your first 6 months of driving.

Anyway my point is I see lots of people driving round with really dark front tints on their front windows. But recently I have seen what I cannot fathom or believe people get away with and that’s tinted windscreens and even tinted numberplates! How do these people get away with it?

When I first started driving aged 17 I was into the modified car scene. Back in the height of the Max Power magazine days. I had a Saxo with a massive exhaust that sounded a lot faster than it really was, it was lowered and my favourite part was I had tinted windows.

Now I was naive and wasn’t aware that on your front two windows and windscreen they are already tinted to the maximum allowed. Because of this one evening whilst hooning it around Chelmsford I was pulled over by the police. They put a tester on my front windows and told me they were illegal. I was told to remove the tint and on top of that given 3 points and a £60 fine! Not the best thing you want in your first 6 months of driving.

Anyway my point is I see lots of people driving round with really dark front tints on their front windows. But recently I have seen what I cannot fathom or believe people get away with and that’s tinted windscreens and even tinted numberplates! How do these people get away with it?
I saw police on Victoria Avenue pulling cars over with illegal modifications.

At one point there were three Range Rovers in the station car park with wannabe gangster looking blokes scraping tint off their rear lights with credit cards.

Last edited:
Back