• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shoebury is a mix to be fair. It's like Leigh. It's always had a reputation. It has really nice areas, and it has some very bad estates. Nothing wrong with the Bishopsteignton Estate, which some mistake as being part of Thorpe Bay. Some great roads and houses. Saxon Gardens area has always been bad, where the council tend to house problem family's and problem single people. The pubs are very safe now, since the Cambridge, The Sportsman and The Eagle club shut down.

Shoebury is a mix to be fair. It's like Leigh. It's always had a reputation. It has really nice areas, and it has some very bad estates. Nothing wrong with the Bishopsteignton Estate, which some mistake as being part of Thorpe Bay. Some great roads and houses. Saxon Gardens area has always been bad, where the council tend to house problem family's and problem single people. The pubs are very safe now, since the Cambridge, The Sportsman and The Eagle club shut down.
I lived in St. Andrews Rd on the corner by Tudor Gardens from 84-97!.

I was brought up in Shoebury and Thorpe Bay, I have fond memories. I'm not quite sure why someone would want to have a dig at it on here, knowing people on the Zone live there.

Maybe they've had too much sun ;)

SUFC had a good crew from Shoebury in the 70's.

Shoebury isn’t a bad area at all. It’s by the sea and (most) people are friendly. Those who slag it off didn’t grow up there, clearly.
The Shore house has gone thru several image changes and make overs. In the early 80s it was really buzzing with a piano and cocktail bars.
The Angel was also very much the place when it opened.

The Shore house has gone thru several image changes and make overs. In the early 80s it was really buzzing with a piano and cocktail bars.
The Angel was also very much the place when it opened.

I live in leigh these days and have for about 20 years. The shore House I use to love.

My first pint I ever bought was at the Cambridge at the age 14, how things have changed....

I remember when they used to have a guy playing the piano on a Sunday evening around mid 80's.
And also when around that time, they used the large bar as an American ribs/ burger etc eatery. Lovely memories.

Most people that live there will tell you it's Thorpe Bay too. They couldn't possibly admit to living in Shoebury.

Saxon Gardens and Bunters Avenue were the two areas to be wary of when I was growing up in Shoebury, but some great areas in Shoebury.

The Garrison is pretty swanky these days, but I lived on Caulfield Road and later Church Road and both are great, near the beach, decent housing, safe, Gunners Park and East Beach in walking distance.

Not got the bars and restaurants of Leigh and so have you, but a nice place to live.

Back