• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What needs to happen.. NOW!

J

The Chameleon
First things first, don't ****ing start the "this is tilly bashing blah blah i'd lick his poo off u bend etc..."

Because it's not.

However, the first thing is, Tilly needs to man up and tell it like it ****ing is.

Revell, cannot knock the fella 1 bit, fantastic effort and work rate, however, his job is a striker - is he netting 15+ ... no.

We have a class act in Freedman, so why the **** is he not starting? If it's fitness, then get it worked on!

We have a decent player in Foran - overlooked for whatever reason, i don't know... but, i feel the club are not being professional about it.

We are stuck in a rut, and i love tilly to bits, however, not just me, but surely Ron cannot stick with him forever? Has tilly reached his level??

Tilly and Brush cannot live on 2 promotions forever, i love this club, i'm sure they do, when will something happen??

Who do we blame, Ron? Not investing money? Tilly, for constant tactical errors... yet at Chelsea he was phenominal?

When will Ron become unhappy?? 2nd season after relegation, should be Season where the club should be pushing for top spot!

We need to line up with Barney and Freedman if fitness is there. Betsy is cack, so is scannel - get foran on that left, what is there to lose? Get Francis on that right midfield then?? Surely?

No one on here, can surely say they are currently happy with the clubs position.... hang on, scrap that, i bet most of you are.

Read my mind absolutely correct. However I do like Scannell..

Yep, and i thought i saw potential at the start of the season/end of last... however, he hasn't been given a proper chance, and when has had a chance, he has failed to impress, massively!!

I doubt many of us are exactly "happy" J, but are more of the mindset that after the successes of the last few years, Tilson and Brush (and Martin, for that matter) must know something about what they're doing to have got so many things right during that time. I think we all agree something needs to be done, and with Clarke now banned for 3 games, Laurent sidelined with a broken ankle and Macca out with a groin problem (still don't think it'll be the 4 weeks people were saying earlier) as well as the last of the loanees now returning, we do need some new players to come in. I agree with you completely about Foran too - time to swallow the pride I think and accept that he can do us some good if he's given the chance.

We have to use this second part of the season to find a balanced and consistent side that can push on through the rest of the season, strengthen as a unit in the pre-season and start afresh next season with a decent challenge for promotion. Consistency was our key during promotion previously, and it has to be so again. Constantly changing personnel has done us no favours in the last year, we have to splash some cash somewhere.

What I dont understand is why the club doesnt say anything about transfers. The fans demand knew transfers and the club must recognise it but why cant they say 'we have no funds' or give a valid excuse why we dont go for top players. Not a Rev pop, but paying 150k for a brighton reserve player was a strange one for me

didn't Revell score today and Freedman start, or did i miss something?

... read about Revell again - or at least try to. Freedman has started, but only because there was no one else- Freedman doesn't seem to be first choice, he should be partnering Barney when fit.

Laurent being out has been a major down side.. He has looked outstanding at this level.. So far

How can it be absolutely correct when the first two points are clearly wrong?

Revell scored today, so why choose today to knock him?

Freedman DID start today.

Another clearly wrong thing is that I think the club are being TOTALLY professional in not playing Foran. If Tilly thought that there was the slightest chance of Foran improving our form, I am sure he would play. However I suspect that if Foran did get on the pitch his attitude would resemble Leon Clarke's. If Tilly won't play him there will be a good reason.

However I suspect that if Foran did get on the pitch his attitude would resemble Leon Clarke's. If Tilly won't play him there will be a good reason.

And what chance has he had to prove it wrong? Or tilly right?

.. and re revs - the point is, as said, he is not a doing a strikers Job - ie, banging in 15+, especially for the amount of money that was paid for him.. And yes freedman started today, but once again, read the point, he obviously isn't first choice - as Revs and Barney/Laurent have started up front.

.. and re revs - the point is, as said, he is not a doing a strikers Job - ie, banging in 15+, especially for the amount of money that was paid for him.. And yes freedman started today, but once again, read the point, he obviously isn't first choice - as Revs and Barney/Laurent have started up front.

I believe Freedman is first choice but he has been nursed back to match fitness, him and Barney are our best strikers but one or the other or both has been injured the last few months.

150k for revell makes me feel sick

Thank you for that, really helpful. As it goes, I have no problem with it, for players at this level I think it's a not unreasonable amount - look how much we got for Hooper when everyone seemed to think he was rubbish?

I believe Freedman is first choice but he has been nursed back to match fitness, him and Barney are our best strikers but one or the other or both has been injured the last few months.

Freedman needs to Start with Barney, 2nd choice Laurent - if fitness is there.. But, starting Freedman and Revell, or just revs for that matter, isn't obviously working.

And what chance has he had to prove it wrong? Or tilly right?

Tilly sees him in training and works with him on a daily basis when he isn't out on loan. Tilly has plenty of opportunity to decide without having to give him a chance to "prove him wrong". And surely Foran was getting dog's abuse last time he pulled on a Southend shirt for being crap. What's suddenly turned him into the New Messiah? He's just a naughty boy.

This "strikers job" bit is boring and has been discussed to death. As Peter Taylor pointed out, it isn't all about banging them in when you play in Rev's role, it is about setting them up. Sadly, our midfield in particular seem pretty poor at following in and converting chances (when was the last time Macca scored?).

Did you see Dougie on Wednesday? He was dripping with sweat after 20 minutes. At his age, it takes some time to regain match fitness, and he clearly isn't match fit yet.

The subs we made at stamford bridge were first class. Laurent playing right wing with Stan on the left worked outstandingly. Freedman playing in the whole is great his movement is world class. Shame stan has gone now though, in my eyes Foran should be given another chance.. I havent got a reason to dislike him

Thank you for that, really helpful. As it goes, I have no problem with it, for players at this level I think it's a not unreasonable amount - look how much we got for Hooper when everyone seemed to think he was rubbish?
His now scored 18 goals so far this season....is revell going to ever do that....no.

players

Freedman needs to Start with Barney, 2nd choice Laurent - if fitness is there.. But, starting Freedman and Revell, or just revs for that matter, isn't obviously working.

we need a few players in quick i recon

Back