• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

By which time he'll have lost any match sharpness he had built up when he was playing. By the time he recovers match fitness, Ranger will probably be injured again !

I'm pretty sure he can play for the reserves (or whatever it's called now!!) so I doubt he'll lose that much match fitness; it's not like he's been out injured for 6 months and trying to get back to fitness

Cox is a great player but dare i say it Mooney is better at being the lone striker. When Ranger is fit Cox will surely be along side him and what a great partnership that could be.

Or if Nile is fit and Cox doesn't partner him he will be the lone Ranger. (I've been waiting ages to use that line, bit of an anti-climax now).

No cox again last night.

This is the player that Phil Brown said was our marquee signing and player that was a coup for the club .

Undoubtedly one of if not the highest earner at the club. Nowhere to be seen again.

Is this another mismanagement of a talented player or his he simply injured.

I have a horrible feeling that we may not see him play again and he has fallen foul of browns ego like many others before him.

anything to have a dig at brown with you.

anything to have a dig at brown with you.

Valid question I would say. As I understand it, Cox has not come cheap. You would hope any manager signing him would have had an idea of how he would fit into a team and how he likes to play. Seems he's out of favour already having seen precious little of the ball in his first month or so as a Southend player.

That said, I still expect him to play plenty of football this season. He'll have to, as we've only got three fit strikers and one of them is Jason Williams.

I went to the camping shop and said to the assistant ''I want to buy a tent'', ''To camp'' he said. So in my deepest voice I said ''I want to buy a tent''.

My take on it is that PB is currently trying to build the team's confidence after a bad start to the season. To do this he's gone away from a back four to a back five. To do this he's had to sacrifice a striker. The best (or least bad) option for a lone striker at the moment is David Mooney.

On the radio after the game PB even said he'd like to get back to a back four, so maybe when the team's confidence has increased, and it has a few more wins under its belt he'll be able to do that, which will mean he can play with an extra striker.

So when ringmaster Brown has his best circus acts to play in the big top , who should play ?

.....................................OXLEY...............................
DEMETRIOU..........FERDINAND....BARRETT..........COKER
LEONARD.............WORDSWORTH....TIMLIN.....MCLAUGHLIN
.............................COX....RANGER..............................

So when ringmaster Brown has his best circus acts to play in the big top , who should play ?

.....................................OXLEY...............................
DEMETRIOU..........FERDINAND....BARRETT..........COKER
LEONARD.............WORDSWORTH....TIMLIN.....MCLAUGHLIN
.............................COX....RANGER..............................

McGlashan instead of Timlin and swap positions with Leonard. Very attacking but looks like a good team.

Back