• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Completely agree with most of the comments here. Yes, people made the effort to queue up- but to get tickets for an area of the ground they shouldn't be in, and are denying tickets to actual home supporters! It's true to say that Southend fans have done the same thing at away games before, but:

a) this isn't equivalent to an away league game, SUFC playing a team of this size happens very rarely

b) for some of those games (ok, not Col U) it was only the away segment that was sold out anyway. There aren't going to be Orient fans queuing throughout the night to get tickets for southend at home in league 2- the extra shrimpers might sometimes be taking up seats that would have been empty otherwise.

that said, it's the decision of clubs whether or not to operate membership schemes etc, and if Col U or whoever have a system in place that stops away fans buying tickets for the home end, that's their perogative and we wouldn't have any right to complain. Fortunately, I sit in the South Upper and am generally surrounded by STH's- but it's still going to be pretty galling to see a leakage of Man Ure fans into seats that we all know could have gone to some dedicated shrimpers.

People like Anton Johnson, Vic Jobson and, dare I say it, Geoffrey King will come and go - it's the fans that make Southend United, not them ...

thank you spanish shrimper for your nice real and honest words and most of the replys do make scense.
I do agree with most of whats written but it still stops me a real blues fan getting to the game the big game ive been waiting for in over 25 years.
King hope your listening cos im one real unhappy supporter but ill be there long after you have gone and had your little footy fix...as i understand being involved with a football club is quite in in the rite circles at the mo.

Back