• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Which part of Roots Hall did you first sit /stand in...

CC51DAS

President
...when you first began watching the Blues ??

One of my neighbours is bringing his six year old boy to his first ever live football match on Saturday, and it made me think back to my first ever visit to the Hall ( in 1966 ) v Lincoln City if I remember rightly .

I stood with a friend on the angle in the corner of the north bank -what would now be the bottom of the ' cheesy wedge ' - we were allowed to sit on the wall itself sometimes I recall .

During the next few years, I then progressed to being behind the wall at the bottom of the north bank just to the side of the goal . Couldn't see that much but it meant we could get over the wall 5 minutes before the end and stand on the gravel track till the final whistle whereupon we would run onto the pitch .

As I got a bit bigger I worked my way up the north bank and eventually we made the top barrier just to the right of the Pak 'our spot' . It was a great place to catch all the atmosphere , watch the antics of the 'knees up mother brown 'brigade and still be close enough to start off a few songs .

Great memories - So where did your Blues journey begin ?

first game was in Sept 78 and me and my dad stood at the top of the old South Bank, although apparently i spent the whole game running up and down the terracing.

Southbank...1979, Southend v Liverpool was my first ever game with my dad.....been hooked ever since.

East Yellows with my grandad, and for Amy will be in attendence on saturday will be South Upper

Started off in the West with the pre season friendly in 85/86 season. First game was in the West when we beat Rochdale 5-3 until I settled in the North with my school mates. Now frequent East Greens.

My little girl will make her debut against B'muff and we will be in the East Greens. She really can't wait and neither can I to take her.

my first game at the Hall was the south upper with my dad, brother, cousin and a friend then when i started going regular with my grandad we went west stand (South stand end) then made our way down in the other end in block V

west bank with my nextdoor neighbour and his son..days of bill garner and peter taylor

First game in East Blacks, then a NorthBanker until we got moved. South mostly since then with occasional forays into the West (which I think will be my stand of choice until we move to FF)

Like Stereoscene, East Stand Blues to begin with, then with friends in the old Paddock.

Back