• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Which part of Roots Hall did you first sit /stand in...

Was the South Upper for me, Also won the half time raffle to go on the pitch and shoot for the prize, but got complementary tickets to next home game instead, and it all started from there

East stand paddock closest to the North bank, Eldest Brother always bought our in Tickets there as he always sat in the seats above.. …then used to get in early and sneak into the north bank before the O/B arrived with our nicked toilet rolls hidden pockets….

Then moved over to the Massive South Stand as all the action from Ginger n the boys always happen in the South Bank… as it was mixed with home n away fans in those days…. I found watching ginger lees boys a lot more fun and watching the match to be honest…

Why did the Southend boys always turn up just after the game kick off ??

SOUTH BANK SOUTH BANK DO YOUR JOB !!

Last edited:
What is the Paddock like in the East Stand??? the area were folk go who have been in the Blues Lounge????

I can't remember my first game for Southend, but my first season as a STH was in the family stand at a bargain £30. I was distraught when the prices rose to £40 for league one standard! :p

The East Stand Paddock, in front of what is now the red seats - leaning on the white wall just behind the away dugouts... Graduated to the North Bank when I started college - they call them crush barriers for a reason... **shudder**

Bournemouth 1966, and it was the South Bank, old terracing also running up and down, then change round to the North Bank, you could change ends in those days...

East stand director's box. I don't remember the game but I do remember being captivated by the North Bank singing. I was 8 and I only went because my uncle and sister were both ill; that combination didn't happen very often. I spent most of the game trying to make out the words to the songs; probably just as well I didn't understand them!

Portsmouth, Jan 1996, South Lower. For the pure reason I always played in goal and wanted that view. Moved to the South Upper for a game or 2 and then to the East where I've been ever since.

In the 12 years I've been coming I've never even as much seen the West Stand entrance. :p

February 3rd 1978, in the East stand benches (now blacks) versus Scunthorpe United, 2-0 win. Spent the next few seasons here as well

Spent the 1980/1 championship season on the old South Bank.

Missed a few seasons ( 1982 - 1985 ) Then moved into the West Stand from 1985/6 to date with the occasional trip to the North Bank and Ronnie Pountneys Testimonial and England Ladies game in the South Stand. Been everywhere really except the North bank seats and i've been told the the view from their is awful.

West stand, I now sit in the south stand lower, occasionally going back to the west stand to watch the cup matches that the south stand is not open for.

In the East stand, which are now the blue seats.

Think it was 1986 against Preston my first game, Sam Allardyce was playing for Preston and Frank Worthington was on the bench for them.

We lost 2-1. Martin Robinson scored our goal.

I also used to love standing in the west stand, and moving from end to end depending upon which end we were attacking.

Started off life in the East Stand paddock, North Bank end. Then had a spell in the North Bank, but my favourite resting place was the West Side because you could always be at the end that we were attacking.

South bank,met my first love there ,ah Sue mculloch what a great rack you had.

Back