• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wiggys Rating's

Harrold deserves more than a 4. Set up the equaliser, played a key role in the first and although he missed a sitter of a header it ended up with francis who slotted home. Taken off after that.

Also made some very good defensive headers from under the crossbar from corners and was always an outlet. He held the ball up well and looked like scoring more with him in the team, as happened. A 6/10 performance from me. for me

I'm a fan of Francis but I didn't think he was great today. He's just not a midfielder.

Could possibly the last we see of Harrold and he was going to come off a few minutes sooner before the 3rd goal went in. Just how did he fluff that header that led to Francis' finish, but more importantly how the feck did he keep letting himself get beat in the air by the 5ft 9in left back!?

Hunt was a revelation. 2 shots in 1 game from him!? Blimey.

Poor defending by Barrett again for the 2nd goal.

Morgan seemed a changed character now he knows he's going to Leeds. Smiling, laughing and joking and looking like he actually was enjoying himself playing. Shame he didn't take this approach in the previous 2 months in trying to get a contract from us.

Clarke seemed to let it go thinking Barrett would clean up behind him yes, but Barrett was far too slow to get across and was made a mockery of again ala Lee Hughes the other week.

Think you'll find that it was clarke's man both goals. His achilles heal is he's desire to win the ball every time, even when he does'nt need to. Consiquently, he is always too close to his man. This is fine if he does win it, but gives him no time to recover when (as has happened one hell of a lot over the past two seasons) he does'nt.

Agree Francis is not the answer to our right hand side either at full back or wide right.Def a legue 2 player at the best.

i didnt rate fancis today cant play right mid no way

I agree he no winger but he does look class in his preferred pos. Also i do agree with wiggy about Darryl. He gives me a lot more confidence in our defending than Collis. Did any one else think the headbutt on Clarke missed and it took him a split second to long to go down, holding his face in hope that it would get there player sent off.

I've been on a Daggers board and it does seem like Clarke hasn't been touched. Most still agree that Roberts had to go for aiming a headbutt regardless.

yes he let the ball go and to be fair to Barrett he was fouled but should have done better......as should have Flavs...:(

Def a foul on Barrett.....we werent great but then the cup is all about a result and I think we needed that today. A loss would have been a disaster so hopefully a little bit of confidence restored. We do need to sign someone early next week....else where those goals are gonna come from will be a mystery....:(

And there was me cacking myself every time they had a corner.

Me too, also with free kicks around the box. But IMO Darryl is the more confedent keeper. We just dont seem to defend as a team at set pieces. You just cant blame the keeper, who ever it is. Its a team game. But for wot its worth IMO darryl is NO. 1and should start next game.

I thought we looked up for it from the outset but completely took our foot off the gas on going one up. It was only on going two-one down that we snapped into gear again. A flattering win but lots of positives to come from it, not least showing the spirit to come from behind after the recent disappointments.

Flavs - nothing to do really. Simple save early from long shot that got more theatrics than it needed but he pushed it to safety rather than back into the danger area.

Hunt was outstanding and my man of the match. Looked like he wanted to prove doubters wrong... and he did.

Barrett and Clarke were usual mixture of brave and reckless. Very very disappointed to see Clarke go down as he did in an attempt to get their man sent off. I was looking forward to giving Thornton some stick at Brisbane Road but that would be hypocritical now.

Hammell - pretty solid. Set plays not as crisp as usual.

Francis - Don't want to be overly critical as he's not playing in his proper position but at times he was all over the place. I do think he'll become a very good full-back, sadly I don't think it'll be with us. Took goal very well.

Bailey and McCormack didn't boss the game like I'd hoped they would against lower league opposition. Both seemed to go missing during periods of the game.

Morgan was good - looked more confident than any other player in our side, maybe because he knows he's off elsewhere? Scored two and set up two but won't be overly upset if he moves on...

I'm liking the look of Charlie Mac more and more. I think with the correct forward partner he could grow into a really effective poacher for us. He'll score ugly goals.

Harrold was OK, nothing more, nothing less. Won a considerable amount in the air and held the ball up very well on occasion. However, still some errors and absolutely no goal threat - didn't take his chance to show Tilly he was wrong to drop him.

Wiggy shouldn't Flahavan have stood up for their second goal?

I was very impressed with Charlie MacDonald's back to goal play.

Harrold was OK, nothing more, nothing less. Won a considerable amount in the air and held the ball up very well on occasion. However, still some errors and absolutely no goal threat - didn't take his chance to show Tilly he was wrong to drop him.

So we don't score with Harrold out and we do when he comes back. Plus another lovely set up for a goal. I'm not saying that Harrold is a fantastic footballer, but it really does seem that some people will never see what he brings to the team and how we play as a unit much better with him there. Fallon is being brought in as a better Harrold - I hope people give HIM a fair chance.

Back