• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wiggys Rating's

So we don't score with Harrold out and we do when he comes back. Plus another lovely set up for a goal. I'm not saying that Harrold is a fantastic footballer, but it really does seem that some people will never see what he brings to the team and how we play as a unit much better with him there. Fallon is being brought in as a better Harrold - I hope people give HIM a fair chance.

I know its almost uncanny that we score so many goals with such a rubbish player in the team. Its almost as if he actually offers something, like holding the ball up, winning free-kicks etc.

Crikey, wiggy only gave Flavs a 6! I thought his one theatrical save would have cemented him a steady 8 regardless of what happened in the rest of the match.

So we don't score with Harrold out and we do when he comes back. Plus another lovely set up for a goal. I'm not saying that Harrold is a fantastic footballer, but it really does seem that some people will never see what he brings to the team and how we play as a unit much better with him there. Fallon is being brought in as a better Harrold - I hope people give HIM a fair chance.

To be fair, I think you and I in a striking partnership could have scored against Dagenham today, their defence was atrocious, and considering we only attacked on sparadic occasions, we managed to score 5 goals!!

It is easy to say Harrold has come back into the side, and we score 5 goals, but against that level of opposition, I doubt whether it would have made much difference whoever was playing up front for us today.

For the first time ever, my ratings for the game.

Flahavan - 6 - Apart from the goals, made two good saves and didn't have much else to do.
Hunt 7 - Good performance today, didn't deserve the booing he got from the certain sections of Southend 'support'.
Hammell - 6 - Few decent (though some not so decent) set pieces.
Clarke 6 - Why he ducked under the ball for their second I'll never know.
Barrett 6 - Normal kind of game from AB.
Francis 6 - A few alright moments, but not the attacking force we need from right midfield.
McCormack 6 - Strangely subdued game today, but done a good enough job on the day in the 'Maher' role.
Bailey 7 - Solid performance, got stuck well in centre midfield and was on hand to tuck away the fourth and deciding goal.
Morgan 7.5 - Best performance in Blues shirt, shame it will be the last! Nice assist for MacDonald's opener, great finish for our 2nd, shame he didn't do that over the previous games!
MacDonald 7 - I really like MacDonald, he's the most honest and willing striker I've seen for a while at this club. Done well for the first goal, and he makes himself available, sometimes very unselfishly, for the team. Hope to see more of him in the upcoming games.
Harrold 6 - Gets a 6 for his part in the second goal, a great flick for Morgan's shot and finish, other than that a few neat touches and hold up play, but again largely anonymous.

Subs:
Hooper 6 - the only action he had was a run down the line with the ball when Roberts was being sent off!

In summary:

MOM: Hunt

Did well: Morgan, MacDonald

Did okish:Barrett, Bailey, Hammell, Flavs, Hoops

Below par: McCormack, Clarke, Francis

Rubbish: Harrold

Exactly my feelings, some seem to think Francis did well but from where I was sitting he seemed out of sorts for the first hour. Granted he then played with a bit more purpose.

Felt more confident with Flavs back in goal, and boy was he shouting at the defenders when they let him down! IMO this is what Collis needs to do, not let them dictate to him.

I know its almost uncanny that we score so many goals with such a rubbish player in the team. Its almost as if he actually offers something, like holding the ball up, winning free-kicks etc.

If you look at my history of posts you'll notice a large portion of them are defiantly sticking up for Harrold. I can appreciate exactly what he brings to the team and had him as our best player in the season's opening games.

Yesterday wasn't one of his better games, he still looks petrified and lacking in confidence on the pitch to me - to a large extent thanks to our own fans. For me, the fact that we scored five yesterday had more to do with Morgan and poor opposition than Matt Harrold.

Unfortunately a climate has been created by the boo-boys where now any kind of negative analysis is jumped on.

Flavs 6 not much to do, no better and no worse than Collis in the air, regulation diving save, good kicking, felt much more secure with his concentration and awareness behind the defence.Nice ****
Hammell 6 done a couple of unwanted Maher type looping corners, defended adequately
Hunt 8 much better, good run and pass for 1st goal, seemed to enjoy playing against lower opposition
Clarke 4 awful distribution and defending at times, looked like the player from his early days rather than the poty contender
Barrett 6 got his head on quite a lot and defended better than his partner
Bailey 6 done ok but still not back to his battling best
Macca 6 another one not as strong as before but got better
Francis 8 once again looked class and makes things happen, one for the future
Morgan 8 scored 2 and best game in a blues shirt, shame we will probably lose him to Leeds
Macdonald 6 not convinced in his back to goal play, think he could be flying a bit high.
Harrold 4 oh dear, wanted to give him a clean sleight but came back worse than normal, can't head, poor control and weak as a kitten, surely now he will never play for us again, not good enough to even play for Daggers.
Hoops 7 like him or loath him, things start to happen when he comes on, good vision and movement.

Steady on Wiggles - try to stay objective !

wiggy...did you not think flavs was poor for the 2nd goal then?

I certainly did. Had he stood up he would have saved it (alright if he had gone on tippy-toes) he would have saved it. But to fall backwards as the ball was struck means, that he along with the errors by Clarke and Barrett leading up to it was partly at fault for the goal.

yes. lighten up. that boy is class. i really think he could play at a higer level. consider that hes not been in the team all season and now hes got to not only get used to competitve football, but as a right back play is an alien position to him (although i think he is far better suited to right wing)

francis is class

Good call!

Wiggy was great as was footymad13. As was XXL3000 or whatever he was called. We've had some great posters on here over the years. True SZ legends

Oh dear. That's sad. Top poster. Didn't agree with what he said but he said it with passion and vigour.

A totally lovely bloke just got a bit over excited on here. He was banned so we didn't see much of him here but I, and many others, kept up with him on FB. A sad loss, like many.

Back