• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Worth every penny of the licence fee

* ORM *

Still Loves Emma Bunton. Roy McDonough is God!
Flying the flag for SUFC in Sai Kung, Hong Kong
Tonight's One Life on BBC1 - evocative, moving and funny and by far the best hour spent in front of the box for many a moon. Did anyone else watch it.

hard to believe it is the same channel that throws our money at complete waster no talents like Graham Norton.

Yep, thought it was a fantastic program, and could relate to a lot of it, with a family member who passed away, but suffered terribly from the disease. Was fantastic viewing though.

What was the situation tonight?
A woman (a filmmaker and clearly experienced) decided to film her relationship with her 80+ mother over 3 years together with her own daughter. Her mother hasn't yet developed classic Alzheimer symptoms though her body is starting to give up, she has short term memory loss and progressive incontinence. The humour, the pain, the love and the frustration warts and all were there in abundance. The beautiful daughter and all with a soft Scottish lilt was a side attraction. As DWB said the old girl's sense of humour shone through even when pooing in the bath.

I watched the secret millionaire thing. The millionaire woman was managing on a tenner a day living in Canning Town and it dawned on her she usually spends 20 grand a month on bits and pieces.

It was great to see the people who she helped when she told them she was giving them a load of dough.

A woman (a filmmaker and clearly experienced) decided to film her relationship with her 80+ mother over 3 years together with her own daughter. Her mother hasn't yet developed classic Alzheimer symptoms though her body is starting to give up, she has short term memory loss and progressive incontinence. The humour, the pain, the love and the frustration warts and all were there in abundance. The beautiful daughter and all with a soft Scottish lilt was a side attraction. As DWB said the old girl's sense of humour shone through even when pooing in the bath.

Wish I'd seen it now. Thanks, ORM.

Trust me when I say the programe was the expection to the rule although, it was beatutifully filmed and the lady had a caring family there are many who dont and are referred into the health system as a means offinding placemants in homes and once in those homes family contacts dwindle.
I am not saying that is the case in everyone and there are some very caring people who will move heaven and earth for their relatives but unfortuntely I see the other side on a daily basis and the amount of abuse that goes on is staggering.
It is indeed a very cruel illness that can effect anyone regardless of class, status etc and I hasten to add the onset of this disease is becoming younger. The youngest I have had on my caseload was 35, and I currently have quite a few under the age of 65.
Unfortuntely, the help available to assist these people and their family's is minimal.
Any programes that highlight this illness can only be applauded

Watched a bit of it, but my wife's nan died of Alzheimer's and it was getting a bit much for her so we switched over after about 20 minutes. What we did watch was very good indeed though.

After that it was the Euro 88 semi between West Germany and Holland. Last minute Van Basten winner - cracking.

Back